Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
Steven Pienaar has retired from International football.

Must of been a hard decision for him, but from an entirely selfish point of view this great news for Everton. He wont be off to the ACN in January \o/
Gendo
12 years ago
1 year ago
Premium
Don't know the official reason why, but I think he's letting his nation down by declaring his retirement at that level. Though I do agree, it is good for the Toffees in that there isn't a chance he'll be tired or injured off an international break now.
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
"I'm proud to have played for and captained my country. For that I thank you," Pienaar said via a statement read out SAFA's chief executive, Robin Peterson, at the news conference.

"He's given us 10 years of service and his body is tired," Igesund told reporters.

Doesn't sound like he's letting anyone down tbh. It's a hard decision, even the coach has accepted it.
Gendo
12 years ago
1 year ago
Premium
Fair enough.

I do like that Everton have gotten there act together at the beginning of the season (for the most part). 2nd is the best I've seen them in the standings for a while. Hopefully, Jelavic continues his form against Wigan this Saturday.
saplingg
14 years ago
4 years ago
I'm really liking Kevin Mirallas and Seamus Coleman on the right. I was surprised to see that Mirallas is actually pretty decent defensively, and he is quite disciplined in tracking back.
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
By RLKDragon | Permalink | On 02 October 2012 - 14:46 PM
Fair enough.

I do like that Everton have gotten there act together at the beginning of the season (for the most part). 2nd is the best I've seen them in the standings for a while. Hopefully, Jelavic continues his form against Wigan this Saturday.

Aye, it's refreshing to have a good start to season for a change. Playing quite attractive football as well. Hopefully we can maintain our usual end of season run in and see where we end up. Trying to not get too carried away.

By saplingg | Permalink | On 02 October 2012 - 15:52 PM
I'm really liking Kevin Mirallas and Seamus Coleman on the right. I was surprised to see that Mirallas is actually pretty decent defensively, and he is quite disciplined in tracking back.

That right hand side, for once, is looking deadly. I hope it can get near the quality that Baines & Pienaar can produce.
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
http://www.eplindex.com/19874/dark-horses-everton-lead-stats-comparison.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=dark-horses-everton-lead-stats-comparison

Some amazing stats on our start to the season:

Shots (Shots per game):
http://www.eplindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Shots.jpg

Chances Created:
http://www.eplindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Chances-Created.jpg

Passing improvement compared to last season so far:
http://www.eplindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Passing.jpg
saplingg
14 years ago
4 years ago
Really interesting stats mate.

It's clear that going forward we've been quality, but we don't have the quality to close out games and win even when things aren't going our way (case in point, today). I hope that doesn't become a theme of the season. I think 5th or 6th is looking very possible this season (with Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle not getting as many results as expected in their first few games).
jumberto
16 years ago
1 month ago
Do you blues think the recent inconsistent form has anything to do with Gibson being out? Saw that given as a reason yesterday.
jumberto
16 years ago
1 month ago
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
By jumberto | Permalink | On 07 October 2012 - 10:19 AM
Do you blues think the recent inconsistent form has anything to do with Gibson being out? Saw that given as a reason yesterday.

Yes mate, yes. Have you seen Neville play in midfield, he gets the ball and he looks like a shitting dog ffs! I don't want to slate Osman because having Neville next to you in midfield is burden I wish upon no man.
jumberto
16 years ago
1 month ago
Yeah Neville's a good professional but he doesn't have the strengths to play in that role. Him with Osman is a flimsy centre midfield. Gibson may be slow but he's good at keeping the team ticking over and holds his position well. I don't know why Moyes doesn't drop Fellaini back and play Anichebe from the start.
saplingg
14 years ago
4 years ago
Anichebe is terrible though (he's yet to change my opinion of him). I do think it would be interesting to see how Fellaini's position progresses over the season. He's clearly done well to make the AM position his, but I would like to see him deeper in the midfield, that's where he played when we all fell in love with him, box to box and all. I miss the composure that he brings to the midfield and his defensive quality.

I know Fellaini's been effective at attacking mid, but I would like to see a traditional AM play there - Osman, Mirallas, Naismith and see what kind of football we can play. After all the Gibson-Fellaini midfield was outstanding for us at the end of last season.
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
Knew things where going to well... Fellaini's out for 3 weeks FFS. Fucking hate international duty.
saplingg
14 years ago
4 years ago
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/10/everton-marouane-fellaini-knee-injury?newsfeed=true

reports that he didn't pick it up while playing/training for Belgium, rather he got it against Wigan and the pre-medical revealed it... Tbfh I don't know what to think. If he's carrying an injury it shouldn't take a routine scan to show it up, and Finch Farm shouldn't even have let him fly to Belgium if they knew he was injured. How could they not know that the most valuable player in our club is carrying an injury??? Reeks of Dan Gosling-esque incompetence to me.

On the brighter side, Gibbo should return to action soon, right?
Also, it's about time we sign Hitzlsperg already. We need someone so that we don't have to keep playing Phil Neville in midfield. I like Phil, and he does his job for us in the big games, but he was truly hopeless against Wigan.
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
When Neville gets the ball he shakes like a shitting dog. It's painful to watch.
saplingg
14 years ago
4 years ago
It's the derby tomorrow and Gibbo still isn't back. It was a 5 week injury but he's been out for more than 6.

On the bright side, Fellaini I think will play...
Gendo
12 years ago
1 year ago
Premium
Am I the only one who is getting sick of all these draws when we should be coming out on top in the end?
VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago
VP.
13 years ago
4 weeks ago
Poe
17 years ago
2 days ago
Bit of a foolish chant about Everton though as they're better than Arsenal as well.
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
By Poe | Permalink | On 28 December 2012 - 14:33 PM
Bit of a foolish chant about Everton though as they're better than Arsenal as well.

Heitinga looking like he'll be leaving in Jan.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
Apparently Lescott's on his way, so you shouldn't miss him too much.
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago

Da fuck did I just watch?
saplingg
14 years ago
4 years ago
saplingg
14 years ago
4 years ago
On Everton...

We've been doing well in general, but a few too many draws frustrating me. We really are missing Mirallas can give us. Swansea defended well but against a team who shuts up shop, we do need a bit of flair.

I recall Pienaar being one of those players maybe two seasons ago who could move into space and find that special pass. It seems he's had that trained out of him. His all round play is still good (he was bad against Swansea, but his build-up play in general is still very important for us), but bar the occasional cut inside and shot on his right foot, I really don't think he's been creating chances quite like he used to.

I just want Mirallas back and Neville to stop starting games.
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
By saplingg | Permalink | On 15 January 2013 - 05:21 AM
WTF is that?

Warrior, Liverpools kit manufacturer, could of picked any LFC player to do that but they chose Fellaini
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
By Deano | Permalink | On 15 January 2013 - 23:43 PM
Warrior, Liverpools kit manufacturer, could of picked any LFC player to do that but they chose Fellaini

Maybe he'll be joining them in the summer.

Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
By K3V0 | Permalink | On 15 January 2013 - 13:54 PM
Maybe he'll be joining them in the summer.

Go and wash your mouth out, boy.
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
By Deano | Permalink | On 16 January 2013 - 00:03 AM
Go and wash your mouth out, boy.

I knew you'd enjoy the thought of Fellaini wearing a Liverpool shirt.

You'll need to Login to comment