Jamieandhisego
17 years ago
1 year ago
Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao admits he would welcome the opportunity to test himself in England at some stage.

The Colombia international continues to be heavily linked with a big-money move to Chelsea, with reports suggesting that a deal could be done in the January transfer window.

A prolific strike rate has brought Falcao to the attention of Europe's top clubs, with the 26-year-old having proven himself in South America, Portugal and Spain.

It is considered to be only a matter of time before he embarks on another new challenge, and Falcao admits a switch to the Premier League would appeal to him.

He told The Times: "England? One day, I could go.

"It is a game I have watched for a long time and one day I would like to sample it.

"I used to watch it on television when I was a kid. Players like Roy Keane, Eric Cantona, (Gianfranco) Zola. But the one I supported was (Faustino) Asprilla, when he was at Newcastle.

"I think I could adapt to England. I think I could score goals."

"I used to watch it on television when I was a kid. Players like Roy Keane, Eric Cantona, (Gianfranco) Zola. But the one I supported was (Faustino) Asprilla, when he was at Newcastle.

"I think I could adapt to England. I think I could score goals."

when he was at Newcastle.

Newcastle

Demba Ba would be even more pissy.
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
It.
Is.
Your.
Destiny!
Fantastic
13 years ago
1 month ago
Banned
Realistically I don't think any club in England could afford him. You've got to be looking at anywhere between £40-60 million for him and that kind of outlay is going to come if the two clubs who could afford him, Chelsea and Man City, sold their best strikers, Torres and Aguero. I could imagine a trip to Inter Milan or maybe even Barcelona (at a stretch) if David Villa moves on, but his status in the world game and the way clubs are set up at the moment it doesn't seem like an obvious move is on the cards.
jumberto
16 years ago
4 weeks ago
Maybe a swap deal with Hulk. LOL.
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Atletico are going to want any potential buyer to match his €60M buy-out clause.

Given their unpaid debts, they more or less have to sell him. He will be at a new club next season, the question is where. Chelsea would be my best guess. City and PSG already have their strikers and no Italian club is going to spend that kind of money right now.
jumberto
16 years ago
4 weeks ago
Cleverley - Carrick
------Kagawa-------
Rooney - - - RVP
----- FALCAO-----
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
By Fantastic | Permalink | On 06 October 2012 - 18:02 PM
Realistically I don't think any club in England could afford him. You've got to be looking at anywhere between £40-60 million for him and that kind of outlay is going to come if the two clubs who could afford him, Chelsea and Man City, sold their best strikers, Torres and Aguero. I could imagine a trip to Inter Milan or maybe even Barcelona (at a stretch) if David Villa moves on, but his status in the world game and the way clubs are set up at the moment it doesn't seem like an obvious move is on the cards.

I can't see Inter or any other Italian club shelling out enough to bring him to the peninsula, assuming he'd even go with the likes of Chelsea and City offering god knows what in wages and signing on fees.
Fantastic
13 years ago
1 month ago
Banned
By Hibee | Permalink | On 06 October 2012 - 18:42 PM
I can't see Inter or any other Italian club shelling out enough to bring him to the peninsula, assuming he'd even go with the likes of Chelsea and City offering god knows what in wages and signing on fees.

How does he fit in at Chelsea or Man City, who are both loaded with forwards. Players would need to leave first.
RealityCheck
11 years ago
4 years ago
By Fantastic | Permalink | On 06 October 2012 - 18:45 PM
How does he fit in at Chelsea or Man City, who are both loaded with forwards. Players would need to leave first.

Chelsea sign Falcao,Atletico sign Torres.Problem solved.
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
True, but their certainly more likely to splash out on him than Inter. If anything it'd be an Italian club that would take Tevez or whoever has to leave to make room for him.
Fantastic
13 years ago
1 month ago
Banned
And who's going to pay £30-40 million for Torres?
Hibee
17 years ago
3 years ago
By RealityCheck | Permalink | On 06 October 2012 - 18:47 PM
Chelsea sign Falcao,Atletico sign Torres.Problem solved.

Or this...
The Platypus
13 years ago
1 year ago
Chelsea have two centre forwards, Torres and Sturridge, and Di Matteo seems to dislike Sturridge.
rossiheslopi
15 years ago
4 years ago
I thought it was common knowledge that Newcastle bought him and he's on loan at Atletico
Crane
14 years ago
3 days ago
Premium
Can't see Barca signing him. They'll get Neymar soon who'll fit in with their style of play.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
He's not going to stay in Spain unless Malaga receive another large injection of cash.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Russia/China, maybe.
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
I signed him on FIFA for Liverpool. Potential there.
.verse
12 years ago
4 months ago
By Fantastic | Permalink | On 06 October 2012 - 18:45 PM

Both loaded with forwards? Chelsea literally have Torres and Sturridge, hardly loaded.

Torres, while improved will continue to be questioned by most until he's regularly scoring again. While Sturridge isn't even fit at the moment and his future is in doubt, with his contact up at the end of the season I believe. Out of most clubs, you'd have to say Chelsea are in the box seat in terms of needing a striker. Every other top side who could realistically afford him all have more than enough options upfront and would need to sell before buying you'd imagine.
Fantastic
13 years ago
1 month ago
Banned
I guess it's already time to write off Lukaku?

It's all speculation at this point, I don't see it.
.verse
12 years ago
4 months ago
By Fantastic | Permalink | On 07 October 2012 - 08:19 AM
I guess it's already time to write off Lukaku?

It's all speculation at this point, I don't see it.

Not at all, but he's also out on loan and doing well. Don't forget he's only 19 with 12 games of EPL experience.

I personally don't think Chelsea need to spend huge on a striker, though I do think another option is needed.

You'll need to Login to comment