17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Aye, was thinking about getting a dev model but couldn't be arsed
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
21 hours ago
Premium
How many times did that cunt say "the television"?
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
I don't understand why anyone would want to play Android games on their TV. Particularly not when conventional consoles exist.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By Phoenix Arrow | Permalink | On 09 October 2012 - 19:36 PM
I don't understand why anyone would want to play Android games on their TV. Particularly not when conventional consoles exist.

Cheap
Zinedine Zaiddin
14 years ago
3 years ago
wud rather play android games on android devices rather than plug it on TV.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By Zinedine Zaiddin | Permalink | On 11 October 2012 - 09:46 AM
wud rather play android games on android devices rather than plug it on TV.

These aren't just the Android games that you see now, they're games specifically designed for this console available on the Android market.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
By Slashman X | Permalink | On 11 October 2012 - 10:24 AM
These aren't just the Android games that you see now, they're games specifically designed for this console available on the Android market.

That's not true though is it? No company is going to make games just for this system, it's not going to be worth it. Either they're going to make games for iOS and Android which work on this console, they could theoretically make this console the priority but there's never going to be more money in this than on iOS. That or they're going to be old indie games which are adapted to this system.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By Phoenix Arrow | Permalink | On 11 October 2012 - 17:38 PM
That's not true though is it? No company is going to make games just for this system, it's not going to be worth it. Either they're going to make games for iOS and Android which work on this console, they could theoretically make this console the priority but there's never going to be more money in this than on iOS. That or they're going to be old indie games which are adapted to this system.

Did you read the site? Comments from a good few game developers both indie and mainstream (Prince of Persia creator, Minecraft creator) etc saying they will make games for this console if it proves popular.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
People will make games for a games console which is popular? No way. The problem is the console has to prove itself to be commercially viable for a developer. Otherwise noone's going to put money into it. And if noone's going to put money into it, it's going to feed off dregs. I don't think it's a bad idea, I just don't think people are going to bother with it. Either people won't buy it or they'll buy it and won't play it.

Apart from anything else, the guy who made Prince of Persia hasn't done anything for 10 years and Notch is an asshat. Also, they have two screenshots. One is from Canabalt, the other is a League of Legends stream.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By Phoenix Arrow | Permalink | On 11 October 2012 - 18:02 PM
People will make games for a games console which is popular? No way. The problem is the console has to prove itself to be commercially viable for a developer. Otherwise noone's going to put money into it. And if noone's going to put money into it, it's going to feed off dregs. I don't think it's a bad idea, I just don't think people are going to bother with it. Either people won't buy it or they'll buy it and won't play it.

Apart from anything else, the guy who made Prince of Persia hasn't done anything for 10 years and Notch is an asshat. Also, they have two screenshots. One is from Canabalt, the other is a League of Legends stream.

Its Kickstarter raised over $8.5m in presales/dev sales etc. so that shows people are bothered with it.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
60,000 backers and noone from outside the internet has ever heard of it. Meanwhile, Apple have sold 85 million iPhones and 35 million iPads.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Phoenix Arrow | Permalink | On 11 October 2012 - 18:13 PM
60,000 backers and noone from outside the internet has ever heard of it. Meanwhile, Apple have sold 85 million iPhones and 35 million iPads.

Got to start somewhere ffs
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By Phoenix Arrow | Permalink | On 11 October 2012 - 18:13 PM

And that 60,000 contains a hell of a lot of developers.
Fantastic
13 years ago
1 month ago
Banned
Considering how open the platform is (who pays for things on Android) any developer of real note is going to be very afraid of producing for a platform that is unproven and runs the risk of being subverted because of the architecture. OUYA will fail, but not before it becomes a haven for shit Arkanoid clones and free-to-play cash grab shit.
DB
15 years ago
7 years ago
By Fantastic | Permalink | On 11 October 2012 - 18:25 PM
Considering how open the platform is (who pays for things on Android) any developer of real note is going to be very afraid of producing for a platform that is unproven and runs the risk of being subverted because of the architecture. OUYA will fail, but not before it becomes a haven for shit Arkanoid clones and free-to-play cash grab shit.

I read about this a while ago but wasn't the fact that you can manipulate the game easily one of their selling points?
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
By King Luis | Permalink | On 11 October 2012 - 18:17 PM
Got to start somewhere ffs

Yeah, but they're trying to go into competition with Apple. Like. The size of the companies that will make the kinds of games they want to attract to their system are currently making games for iOS (maybe making Android games as a second thing) and indie games on PC/XBLA/PSN. They need to attract them over and the way they intend to do that is by taking them away from systems which already have way more poeple using them, giving them a new operating system to deal with and saying "ok, make games". Financially speaking, it would be stupid for a company to make this console a priority.

The only way it can be a success is if it makes the next Minecraft. There needs to be a must have title on it or noones going to be bothered about it. Look at the original Xbox. People got it on launch because Halo was getting rave reviews.

By DB | Permalink | On 11 October 2012 - 18:37 PM
I read about this a while ago but wasn't the fact that you can manipulate the game easily one of their selling points?

It's a selling point to the customer not the developer.
Fantastic
13 years ago
1 month ago
Banned

As in being able to pirate games easily? Yeah, it'll be a selling point for customers but a real turn off for anyone trying to make money.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium

Manipulate the console, not the game (no idea which game you're talking about btw)
DB
15 years ago
7 years ago
By Slashman X | Permalink | On 11 October 2012 - 19:15 PM
Manipulate the console, not the game (no idea which game you're talking about btw)

Ahh yeah that's it.

You'll need to Login to comment