Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago

This looks awesome. Absolutely awesome. Been waiting nearly an entire decade for a new, genuine Sim City game, great to see that one is finally on the way.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
That looks awesome. Loved playing the old games as a kid. When is this scheduled for release?
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
February, apparently.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
Ahhhh, long ting.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
I hate games in this type of 3D, much prefer the old isometric/2.5D versions

However, I most likely will still play this
Jason
17 years ago
2 months ago
Sim City 2000 was fucking boss.
Obtuse
15 years ago
3 years ago
Is Godzirra in it?
Carroll.
15 years ago
3 years ago
That looks wicked.

But shame on that guy for that dumping.
Boone
17 years ago
8 years ago
Look forward to this massively, hopefully none of this interactivity crap with The Sims this time.

I already look forward to recreating Hull in all its majesty.
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
Hate the fact you can't play offline and you pretty much have to cooperate with other people. I think.

Still getting this because it looks AWESOME.
Telegram Sam
15 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
By Vercoe | Permalink | On 10 October 2012 - 21:23 PM
Hate the fact you can't play offline and you pretty much have to cooperate with other people. I think.

Seriously? There's no offline mode?
Crane
14 years ago
3 days ago
Premium
He probably means you have to use Origin, which is standard for EA games now. It's an abortion of a program.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By Vercoe | Permalink | On 10 October 2012 - 21:23 PM

You sure that's not Sim City Social you're thinking of?
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
By Telegram Sam | Permalink | On 10 October 2012 - 21:33 PM
Seriously? There's no offline mode?

There is. You'll need to have an internet connection to launch the game though, which sucks.

Apparently you'll be able to build a region in co-operation with others, which could be pretty cool.
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
By Franck | Permalink | On 11 October 2012 - 12:59 PM
There is. You'll need to have an internet connection to launch the game though, which sucks.

That's pretty much what I meant but, yeah. Fuck EA.
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
The follow-up to the video in the opening post, shows some of the regional and co-operative play:

Seems like you can keep a region entirely for yourself if you want to, which is a relief.

The European release is March 7th, I am incredibly tempted to make this my first game purchase in ages considering I've been waiting almost a decade for it, but man, some of the things said about it makes me doubt. It looks awesome in all the videos but knowing EA and their cuntish business practices I bet they'll fuck this up.
K3V0
15 years ago
1 year ago
I'm actually excited about this.

Hopefully it'll be a very good game and be addictive like FM.
Jason
17 years ago
2 months ago
This game looks, awesome!!!
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
If I do end up pre-ordering it, I'll be setting up a Sortitoutsi region on release date.
Deleted Account #151676
I am looking forward to this, I've always loved sim games where you build shit from the ground up, Sim City and Rollercoaster Tycoon were my Favorites. I sort of went of RCT when it changed to the 3D look but it looks as if this Sim City is going to be great.
VP.
13 years ago
3 weeks ago
Certain i see somewhere very recently that there has been some playable beta's released, just the other day was the last one iirc.
King Luis
17 years ago
2 months ago
Yeah they've been doing hour long BETA sessions for the past few weeks, been watching a few videos online and it looks great
Mr Willy
16 years ago
1 day ago
There isn't an offline mode, however you can still play single-player. Basically, whenever you're playing the game, you've got to be online and connected to the Origin servers, and probably in a few years, EA will release a sequel and close down this SimCity's servers.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Would've bought this if it wasn't for the 'online-only' bullshit
Jason
17 years ago
2 months ago
Sim City 3000 was the best, this could, and probably will top that.
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
By Mr Willy | Permalink | On 19 February 2013 - 19:42 PM
There isn't an offline mode, however you can still play single-player. Basically, whenever you're playing the game, you've got to be online and connected to the Origin servers, and probably in a few years, EA will release a sequel and close down this SimCity's servers.

It took them 10 years to release this after SimCity 4, unless this turns out to be a megahit I doubt there will be a new one coming out any time soon. SimCity is a franchise popular enough that the servers are likely to stay up for at least 5 years, probably 10 or more if there isn't a new game. By then I am sure 99% of the games buyers will have moved on to other things.

Anyway, if the day where they close the servers comes I am sure there will be a cracked version of the game that'll let you keep on playing.
Jason
17 years ago
2 months ago
By Mr Willy | Permalink | On 19 February 2013 - 19:42 PM

But that's what most games do, for example FIFA 10's online servers no longer work, its only the massive games such as COD that keep their servers online, they just reduce the number of servers available for for the older games.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By Jay. | Permalink | On 19 February 2013 - 19:58 PM
But that's what most games do, for example FIFA 10's online servers no longer work, its only the massive games such as COD that keep their servers online, they just reduce the number of servers available for for the older games.

But I can still play FIFA 10. SimCity servers go down and you can't play the game at all
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
By Slashman X | Permalink | On 19 February 2013 - 20:51 PM
But I can still play FIFA 10. SimCity servers go down and you can't play the game at all

In 5-10 years when that happens you probably won't want to play the game anyway.

And you're ignoring this:

By the time EA shutting the servers down would be a reality, someone will have found or created a way to play the game without it linking up to them.

Out of all the things making me doubtful about this game, EA closing servers is just about the very least of them.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
By Franck | Permalink | On 19 February 2013 - 21:59 PM
By the time EA shutting the servers down would be a reality, someone will have found or created a way to play the game without it linking up to them.

Out of all the things making me doubtful about this game, EA closing servers is just about the very least of them.

I'm more annoyed at the fact that I can't play the game whilst on a bus, where I still play SimCity 4 every week

You'll need to Login to comment