Deleted Account #151676
Continuing our series showcasing the many challenges available on FM to keep you amused and hopefully boosting the FM sections of Susie busy too should you decide to share your progress with us.

The Pentagon
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Richard_Beale/Untitled-1_zps987ec564.png

The pentagon challenge has been around a long time now, but only those with the patience of a saint and the managerial skill of a god have managed to complete it.
All you have to do is collect all five champions league trophy’s in one save after beginning unemployed with a Sunday league reputation, this may sound straight forward and in theory it is, but in practice it could take 20+ years to check off all five.
It's up to you where you start off, I recommend downloading plenty of additional leagues and loading as many as your computer can handle to give yourself as many options as possible as you go along.

For masochists out there, you can make the pentagon even more difficult by extending it to a Hexagon, you will need to find editor data for it somewhere but it's possible to also compete in the OFC Champions League if you download New Zealand or any other Oceania nation.
You might also consider an international Hexagon by collecting all six continental championships, or even a double Hexagon with both club and international titles on your radar!
KEZ_7
17 years ago
3 days ago
Anyone recommend a starting place for this/default league to load from the start? Really want to get a new game underway as I'm not currently enjoying FM, this is my next step!
Shedender
17 years ago
2 months ago
KEZ_7
17 years ago
3 days ago

Could be a shout, really just need a game that's going to get me right into it! Might have to bring back African Warriors!!
SniperLFC
14 years ago
8 months ago
I tried this on FM12 and started in lowest Swedish league. Spent ten seasons there getting promoted to the top division where I won the cup final, which was played at my ground (with a capacity of 1800, I believe. Can't access the FM2012 careers section otherwise I'd link it).

Was enjoyable but soul destroying as my board were very tight with money. Think I only got a transfer budget once or twice in ten seasons
Cymro
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
I'd start over in China / South Korea and work there. By far the easiest way to enhance your rep and top league sides change hands quite frequently. You will end up at a decent side within a season or two. Move onto Africa an easy league to dominate, the Americas then head to Europe last. That's the way I have done it and always enjoyed doing it that way.
Dan
13 years ago
5 months ago
South Africa is always my starting point KEZ, small leagues and a rather easy step, its the Wales or the British Steel Challenge I'd say!
KEZ_7
17 years ago
3 days ago
Cheers guys. I may start this over the weekend whilst I'm away working (hotels are no fun alone!) but at the same time I'm trying to get back into my story save. Hate this phase of FM annoyance!
NeoCrowy23
10 years ago
3 months ago
Before I lost my save I started in South Africa with Sivutsa Stars got about two seasons in and my saves didn't back up correctly when I updated my computer, found it hard to get back in to FM since so it may be something I'll try again.

You'll need to Login to comment