Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
Borderlands 2 tomorrow
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
Also, The Resident Evil 6 demo is buggy as hell, I know it's only a demo tho. Not too keen on the view being literally hanging on the characters shoulders, feels way too close.
Nicklas Bendtner
11 years ago
3 years ago
Anyone got/getting F1 2012?

My copy was dispatched from Shopto last night, thought it might be waiting for me when I got home from uni but it seems not
Matt
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Got Borderlands 2 on PC this morning, pretty fun so far.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
By Nicklas Bendtner | Permalink | On 20 September 2012 - 18:47 PM
Anyone got/getting F1 2012?

My copy was dispatched from Shopto last night, thought it might be waiting for me when I got home from uni but it seems not

I don't understand their release schedule. Why release it half way through the season at a time when Fifa et al are all releasing?

Surely makes much more sense to release it at the start of the season at a quieter time of year for gaming.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Gonna pick up F1 and PES after work today. Won't be able to play them til next week though /o\
King Luis
17 years ago
1 month ago
Tempted to get Borderlands 2, didn't play the first one but from what ive heard they don't really follow on so i could get away with just skipping the first one.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
By King Luis | Permalink | On 21 September 2012 - 21:32 PM
Tempted to get Borderlands 2, didn't play the first one but from what ive heard they don't really follow on so i could get away with just skipping the first one.

Yeah, there's a cutscene at the start which pretty much sums everything up. In the first game you play someone who's looking for this thing called the Vault which holds something but noone knows what. What it is isn't important for the second game. You open it, the things there, your character gets on with life.
But as a consequence of opening it, this valuable minteral starts popping up all over the planet and some guys come in to mine it. When they're mining about, they find evidence of another vault. You play someone coming to look for that vault.

I haven't got it yet though, I'm going to wait for mechromancer to come out.
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
Got F1, the new Ghost Recon and Sleeping Dogs but not going to install them till I finish Dead Island and Deus Ex.
2D Pitch FM
17 years ago
7 months ago
Still need to buy F1. Was playing the old one a couple of days ago. Normally when I play it I can't get off it, probably play it for 5/6 hours at a time. Really excited for the new Metal Gear, out in February 2013 so a long wait. They've announced a film too which should be pretty good, I hope
Jason
17 years ago
1 month ago
The new F1 is fucking brilliant, awesome game, 10x the game 2011 was.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
By Jay. | Permalink | On 23 September 2012 - 01:53 AM
The new F1 is fucking brilliant, awesome game, 10x the game 2011 was.

How so?
Cammack
12 years ago
7 months ago
Picked up a copy of F1 yesterday, never played an F1 game before so can't comment on how it compares to previous but 2012 is fucking brilliant. Couldn't get off it and the graphics and detail blow you away. Its fucking hard as well which I love about it. I was getting so frustrated in qualifying kept spinning out and fucking up my laps untill with about 1 minute remaining I smash in the 2nd fastest lap in qualifying which was greeted with a monstorous fist pump in my bedroom.

Epic stuff.
Dutton
17 years ago
1 month ago
Downloaded the original Metal Gear Solid off PSN and been playing through it. Never played it before, it's epic.
Deano
17 years ago
1 month ago
By Dutton | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 11:32 AM
Downloaded the original Metal Gear Solid off PSN and been playing through it. Never played it before, it's epic.

One of the BEST games ever.
Dutton
17 years ago
1 month ago
I've finished the second and played some of the others before but never this one. Loving it.
Abbott
17 years ago
8 years ago
I haven't played the MGS games for so long. Used to absolutely love them when they first came out. Might get that HD collection on my 360 at some point, doesn't have the first game though.
Jan.
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
Played Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater on the HD collection not to long ago. Snake Eater in particular is fucking amazing, love the storyline.

My mother got that new Brave game for me on the 360, was only £2 at a fund raiser for the school she teaches in. Quite a nice game to play, makes me want to see the movie.
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
By Cammack | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 09:02 AM
Picked up a copy of F1 yesterday, never played an F1 game before so can't comment on how it compares to previous but 2012 is fucking brilliant. Couldn't get off it and the graphics and detail blow you away. Its fucking hard as well which I love about it. I was getting so frustrated in qualifying kept spinning out and fucking up my laps untill with about 1 minute remaining I smash in the 2nd fastest lap in qualifying which was greeted with a monstorous fist pump in my bedroom.

Epic stuff.

I've heard it's a lot harder than the previous versions, but a lot more realistic.
Cammack
12 years ago
7 months ago
By Crane | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 15:31 PM
I've heard it's a lot harder than the previous versions, but a lot more realistic.

As said I can't compare to previous versions as this is first one I've picked up but certainly wouldn't suprise me. Seems incredibly realistc, actually feels like your driving a F1 car at high speeds and its proving to be pretty bloody hard, not just a pickup have a few races and your winning everything kinda game. I'm on easiest difficulty and I had an absoulte mare in my first qualifying, only just getting in a decent lap time and starting the grid in place 20, before having a great race and finishing 13th. Never been so concentrated on a game as I was for them 15 laps though.
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
Decided to give F1 2012 a go as you lot seem impressed with it. Very pleased that my pc seems capable of playing it in 1920x1080 res and all other settings on ultra so does look very nice indeed
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Still have to pick up F1 and Pro Evo and then FIFA is out Friday, gonna make for a busy weekend
KEZ_7
17 years ago
12 hours ago
By VP. | Permalink | On 24 September 2012 - 18:09 PM
Decided to give F1 2012 a go as you lot seem impressed with it. Very pleased that my pc seems capable of playing it in 1920x1080 res and all other settings on ultra so does look very nice indeed

For me the graphics are one of the biggest parts of the game. It just looks so awesome!
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
By KEZ_7 | Permalink | On 25 September 2012 - 11:57 AM
For me the graphics are one of the biggest parts of the game. It just looks so awesome!

I'm fucking shit at it, just keep spinning off. Don't think the controller helps can't wait to get an Xbox pad ffs.
KEZ_7
17 years ago
12 hours ago
I'm the same on xbox to be honest mate. I used to dominate races and now I'm lucky to finish due to stupid spins, much more of a challenge
Cammack
12 years ago
7 months ago
Snap. I turned off Brake assist as it was fucking me off but I'm still strugging. I actually find the actual race easier than the qualifying.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
What's the AI like in 2012? Competitive?
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
KEZ_7
17 years ago
12 hours ago
Looks good that, big fan of Total War games
Justicar
17 years ago
5 months ago
Premium
By Crane | Permalink | On 26 September 2012 - 16:31 PM

The gameplay I've seen looks great, but it's solely battlefield action. Would really like to see some screenshots of the campaign map at some point.

You'll need to Login to comment