Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
Anyone else as bored by all this BS about CBA's, HRR, revenue sharing, escrow, percentages and Bettman vs. Fehr as I am? I just want some fucking hockey already.

Anyway, here is NMA's gory take on the lock-out:

TheClassicK
12 years ago
8 years ago
fucking same here. Can't really imagine a year without NHL...
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
Yeah. A whole year without hockey. That would be crazy, I'm almost certain nothing like that has happened before. Certainly not in the last decade.

I feel confident that they'll sort it out, but it bothers me that this is still an issue at all.
matt1555
17 years ago
8 years ago
They will probably end up with half a season like the NBA did last year.

Luckily I can watch the Sheffield Steelers they are playing Belfast on Sunday
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
By matt1555 | Permalink | On 21 September 2012 - 10:09 AM
They will probably end up with half a season like the NBA did last year.

Luckily I can watch the Sheffield Steelers they are playing Belfast on Sunday

Was thinking about getting a season ticket for Frölunda to compensate for the lack of NHL hockey. Turns out those clowns want over 7000 SEK (That's about £700 or so) for one. http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

I pity the people who are willing to fork out that kind of money to watch a mediocre team play defensive hockey on big ice.

How much does EIHL tickets set you back?
matt1555
17 years ago
8 years ago
A season ticket would have been about £360 for an adult ticket for about 25 home games but 5 of the other games are played in a different stadium next door for smaller matches.

But to pay on the door is about £16.50 but I can get discount as I have a Cineworld Unlimited card.

I've only been to one of the home games so far this season as I have been working away trust it to be the only match they have lost this season too
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
There are no EIHL teams in the whole south of England. Not even in London. It's annoying.
matt1555
17 years ago
8 years ago
I remember seeing a London Knights games when I was 11 when I lived out that way
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
This is awesome:

Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
So, CBA negotiations have resumed today after some intense discussion over the past week it seems. More or less a week to go until the start of the season. Not looking too good.
Meanwhile, in Bruins land, they seem to have mostly been ignoring it and posting write-ups of the P-Bruins training sessions. Nice to see a Bourque in Black and Gold.
bluemoon.
17 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
What is it with North American sports and lock-outs?
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
By duckeggmoon | Permalink | On 02 October 2012 - 17:28 PM
What is it with North American sports and lock-outs?

Their system of closed leagues with strong ownership and a legal framework that is almost entirely based on collective bargaining lends itself to it.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
It's because of the franchise system. While it's good that it keeps a relatively level playing field, it means there has to be all sorts of caps and regulations. So... like in European football, the leagues evolve naturally. There's no real limit on how much they can grow or how much they can afford to give out if they have enough investment.
In the NHL, someone has to play an active part in that. So that means that budgets and salary caps can change from season to season. Plus, it's in the best interests of the governing body that running costs are as low as possible. So they like to squeeze the players salarys because... well, because they can. So every 5 years, they pull something like this and players are like "hey, wait this isn't fair".
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago

Awesome! Completely out of the blue as well as he has no links with Frölunda at all.

Will definitely try and go to a game or two now.
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
Do you know if there is (or will be) any English language coverage of the European leagues? Preferably Finnish. I can settle for Swedish but Russians scare me.
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
ESPN3 picked up the US rights for the KHL the other day. That'd be your best bet.
Tommo.
12 years ago
1 year ago
Who shows NHL over here. Never really watched it but wanna watch a few Boston Bruins games when its back on due to the discussion on Patriots forum
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
By Tommo. | Permalink | On 03 October 2012 - 01:33 AM
Who shoes NHL over here. Never really watched it but wanna watch a few Boston Bruins games when its back on due to the discussion on Patriots forum

I believe it'd be ESPN America who hold the broadcast rights in the UK.

Edit: Scratch that, turns out Premier Sports have re-upped their broadcast deal for another 4 years.
Tommo.
12 years ago
1 year ago
By Franck | Permalink | On 03 October 2012 - 01:36 AM
I believe it'd be ESPN America who hold the broadcast rights in the UK.

Cheers. Really need to finally get ESPN. been going to get it for ages but just not got round to it. Wanna watch catch my teams from NCAA & NBA and start watching MLB & NHL
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
There is usually a pretty decent selection of streams available for the more popular NHL teams, in case you don't have Premier Sports.

I honestly still can't wrap my mind around the fact that there is a British TV channel airing the Swedish Speedway league.
Tommo.
12 years ago
1 year ago
By Franck | Permalink | On 03 October 2012 - 01:51 AM
There is usually a pretty decent selection of streams available for the more popular NHL teams, in case you don't have Premier Sports.

I honestly still can't wrap my mind around the fact that there is a British TV channel airing the Swedish Speedway league.

England will show pretty much anything :L
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
If you want to watch it, watch a stream. If you like it, then buy a subscription to the official NHL online thing. So worth it. All games on demand in HD and you can chose between commentaries. For Bruins, always pick NESN for high quality racism agaisnt Canadians and...

SAVE.
BY.
THOMAS.
Tommo.
12 years ago
1 year ago
Looks like they cancelled all games up til 24th October
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
Hearing some very negative things about the owners. To be expected.
They've used the threat of the lock-out as their first bargaining position. From what I've read, they've been very stubborn at negotiations and refused to let the season start as planned and let negotiations continue as games were being played. It seems they're trying to smoke out the players to get a better deal. While this might sound like greed on the part of the players, the deal they were offered was much worse than the one they previously had, a lot of the owners just care a lot more about the money than the sport will the players live for the sport. It's a shame.

A lot of the information I've read has been from the NHLPA so it could be biased. But still.
Marc.
17 years ago
6 days ago
Premium
I'll take a lock-out if Carolina can win the Stanley Cup the year after it like we did the last time
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
By Marc. | Permalink | On 05 October 2012 - 19:43 PM
I'll take a lock-out if Carolina can win the Stanley Cup the year after it like we did the last time

With all the big signings they made in the summer they'll be one of the big losers if this season gets cancelled.
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
Phoenix Arrow
15 years ago
1 year ago
It would be if I had ESPN UK.
There'll be a stream I suppose.
Franck
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
http://blogimages.thescore.com/nhl/files/2012/11/Roenick-Kid-Canada.jpg