Jason
17 years ago
1 month ago
This seasons Formula One looks like it'll be a lot closer than the few years previous, all cars have had to adopt to new engines, Red Bull have really struggled during all Pre-Season Practice's. New rule introduced which means the last race will be a double point race too, which if 2012 season is anything to go by it will make a difference.

Looking forward to seeing Daniel Ricciardo at Red Bull though, looks like a very promising driver, and looking forward to the fall outs at Ferrari between Kimi and Alonso

Have a feeling this could be one of the best Formula One seasons in recent times, anyone else looking forward to it? First practice for the first race of the season is on the 14th of March, Race is on the 16th, live on Sky Sports F1.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Mercedes to walk it
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
ABV. Anyone but Vettel.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Vettel will be lucky to finish a race before the mid-way point
KEZ_7
17 years ago
1 day ago
Red Bull really seem to be struggling. Force India are flying in practice, along with Mercedes, would like to see them do well, mainly cause their car looks nice
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
Can't wait for it!
Vercoe
11 years ago
3 years ago
I watched Rush for the first time last night, now I'm really up for the new season!
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1898086_670131426378479_474093785_n.jpg

The highly anticipated Martini Williams. Looking good.
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
Anyone else get up this mornign to watch the quali? The rain made it very interesting. Kimi looks to be struggling, but not as much as his old team.
King Luis
17 years ago
1 month ago
Managed to catch the 3rd session, was certainly interesting and nice to see a few new drivers getting up in the top 10. Mercedes powered cars pretty much dominate the top 12, other teams have a lot of work to do to catch them up.
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
I think Renault will come strong near the middle to end of the season. Hamilton & Rosberg might be out of sight by then though.
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
Great to see Kobayashi 15th for Caterham
KEZ_7
17 years ago
1 day ago
Pleased for Ricciardo (pending the investigation) and Magnussen doing so well. Vettell kind of seems like a bit of a brat with his car, whinged and whinged and then his new team mate manages to carry it to a podium. I know he supposedly had engine troubles but he's had the same car as Ricciardo all winter and rather than trying to get the best out of it he wants the car to just magically improve.

Disappointed for Hamilton to go out so early after a strong weekend, although I do have £10 on Rosberg for the Championship
SniperLFC
14 years ago
7 months ago
This is surely a case of dummy out of the pram....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula-one/26721387
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Yeah, he was asked a hypothetical question along the lines of "What would ever need to happen for Red Bull to ever quit F1", he gave his answers, then it's run as "RED BULL GOING TO QUIT FORMULA 1!!!"
KEZ_7
17 years ago
1 day ago
Totally agree, it's just been blown out of proportion as ever. The fella isn't daft, he knows fine well that Red Bull quitting wouldn't change F1 in anyway, the beast would remain the same but someone else would move to the head (Mercedes at this current moment). Add to the fact that Vettel would stay in the sport, RB pulling out would be so pointless
KEZ_7
17 years ago
1 day ago
Anyone think it's a bit odd that barely anything has been said about Ratzenberger this weekend? I know Senna was a great driver and the hero of many and should duly be remembered... but Ratzenberger died that same weekend and should at least be mentioned.
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
It's a bit of a shame but expected.
Ninja
14 years ago
6 years ago
I think he's got a decent level of coverage to be fair. There's a list of drivers that died throughout the 70s and 80s who will scarcely be remembered, Ratzenberger at least has that. Even, as it increasingly is, as a footnote in the Aryton Senna story.

As harsh as it sounds to rank a tragic double event like that, Senna dying is always going to take precedence. A triple world champion at the absolute pinnacle of the sport will always take precedence over a rookie who finished one race prior.

Also, as harsh as it sounds, if Senna hadn't died I do wonder if we'd be remembering Ratzenberger as the last F1 death. I'm not sure the safety improvements we've seen since the 90s would have come into effect if F1 hadn't had one of its brightest stars snatched away from it.

As it is, Ratzenberger has been getting his mention, and the only real exclusively Senna centric tributes I've seen have come from Brazil, which is understandable.
KEZ_7
17 years ago
1 day ago
Suppose that's fair yeah, still just thought it was a shame the way it went on. IIRC Barrichello had a big spin on the Friday of that weekend too?

Read an article on BBC earlier about Coulthard saying he owed his career to Senna (he succeeded his race seat) quite touching

Here
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
End of that Belgian GP was ridiculously entertaining
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
The Alonso, Vettel, Button and Magnussen battle was cracking.

Thinking Hamilton might have been born in Liverpool, always the victim.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Not looking good for Bianchi Race red flagged after he crashed into a recovery crane

Oh and Vettel is leaving Red Bull
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
Aye, not looking good at the moment.
George14brfc
12 years ago
3 years ago
Not good at all looked really bad
King Luis
17 years ago
1 month ago
Mental that the safety car wasn't brought out when Sutill crashed tbh, such a dangerous corner to recover a car
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
Not really. Cars rarely go off there. Double waved yellows as well. In hindsight yeah, but a SC for every car that goes off when it's quite a way from the track is silly. Aquaplaning plus a lot of bad luck.

http://autosprint.corrieredellosport.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/01.jpg

http://autosprint.corrieredellosport.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/BzLjoa7CUAQkJ7M.jpg-large.jpeg
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
Really hope Jules Bianchi can recover from this horrific incident, but it doesn't sound good.
Crane
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
He's off life support and is breathing on his own, apparently.
Dan
12 years ago
4 months ago

You'll need to Login to comment