Already playing FM2017? Download these essential enhancements for your game! Buy FM2017 now. Get a FREE copy of FM Touch 2017 for Steam with tablet cross-play! 16 minutes ago
Barış Ezdar commented on: Complete Control
stluke_ commented on: Missing certain logos
stluke_ added a topic: Missing certain logos
A new version of our data update was released with 62619 changes from 70 contributors.
Shola commented on: The Lower League Thread
Mateee added a download: Faroe Islands league structure (3 leagues + 2 cups) 2017 season 100% real
MannT1990 commented on: Standard Official Kits Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 62496 changes from 70 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 62454 changes from 70 contributors.
Matanka commented on: Request Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 62453 changes from 70 contributors.
Carroll. commented on: The Night Thread Mk. IX
Ni Ls commented on: FM 2017 FLUT skin dark - 2.5
soniughrejiya22 commented on: Name Editor In-Game
DoctorBenjyFM added a video: ROADTRIP | PART 57 | FORMATION FARCE | FOOTBALL MANAGER 2017
A new version of our data update was released with 62301 changes from 69 contributors.
mons commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM17 Megapack - 9.05 OUT NOW [21/03/2017]
A new version of our data update was released with 62176 changes from 69 contributors.
Riordave1875 commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM17 Megapack - 9.05 OUT NOW [21/03/2017]
A new version of our data update was released with 62127 changes from 69 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 62047 changes from 68 contributors.
mons commented on: Is it possible to have a picture instead of regen style profile, and if so can you change it mid-way through a save?
wazza206 commented on: Is it possible to have a picture instead of regen style profile, and if so can you change it mid-way through a save?
wazza206 added a topic: Is it possible to have a picture instead of regen style profile, and if so can you change it mid-way through a save?
MannT1990 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 61951 changes from 68 contributors.
Yespy commented on: FM 2017 FLUT skin dark - 2.5
A new version of our data update was released with 61606 changes from 67 contributors.
nanya commented on: some Logos aren't showing. Help!
nanya added a topic: some Logos aren't showing. Help!
Ninja Comments
True. A backline of Clichy-Kolarov-Stones-Sagna just makes you think what is happening in his head! Not that they have many options (Otamendi is terrible most games) but that is something you would have thought they'd deal with in January.

Well the backline is what it is (its shocking given the money they've spent on it, but we all knew that) but its picking that backline with just Fernandinho in front of them thats the real issue.

Not just because of the lack of protection it gave them, but because of how little they had in the build up too.

De Bruyne having a bad first half anyway didn't help, but I'm not sure that deeper role suits him at all.
Pep really is fantastically naive. I have absolutely no idea what he thought would happen with his team selection tonight. There's thinking your defence is shit and you need to attack, and there's that side. Actually backfired in the first half as they had such little control of the game they couldn't get the ball to their attacking players.
I agree.
Valencia's two-footed tackle and Rojo's stamp on Hazard.

In fairness Valencia should have gone, but the fact he didn't even get booked for that (which was a straight red for me) or the tackle before that which was a much more aggressive version of Herrera's second foul, makes it more annoying.

It's the problem with Oliver really, he has zero idea how to control a game, and then does daft reactionary shit after him being shit scarred of a decision leads him to feel like he needs to reassert his authority.
Should have probably stopped watching at the red card. At the very least I'd have saved myself 60 minutes of Pogba walking around like he can't be arsed.
You can make a case for both cards, and its thick as fuck from Herrera, but this is classic Oliver. Absolutely losing control of the game, and then doing something stupid to try and get it back.

He's sent Herrera off because he A) realised he made a mistake playing advantage and felt like he had to make amends and B) because he realised he made a mistake not booking Jones.

Your point before was that how far it travels does matter tbf.. I can't even remember the incident before but he jumped with his hands in the air to which I said was deliberate. You said by my logic everyone should jump like a pencil with their arms down.

?

But he hasn't jumped for a header here?
Wasn't I arguing with you before about deliberate handballs ? It's a yard away from him when Pogba hits it.

Not like it matters, Ibra bottled it anyhow.

Which doesn't justify why he has his hands out like that in the first place. He's deliberately making himself as big as possible and its hits his arm.

I think my point to you before was that how far the ball travels isn't the be all and end all, but a way to judge intention. I can't really see the argument that he didn't intentionally have his arm out there, and as soon as it hits his arm then well...
Meant more dubious decisions than just pens tbf

I'm not really sure why thats controversial to be honest, and I'm someone that thinks far too many fouls are given for handball.

Ok, the ball didn't travel that far, but he knows exactly what he's doing there. He's got his arms out as wide as they can go to stop the cross from coming in and it hits his arm. It is about as deliberate as it comes.

Thought that and their penalty were both good decisions, he probably should have sent Arter off, and Shaw was lucky to get away with the tackle in the first half. And then, yeah, the less said about that rubbish just before half time the better.
Real talk, Ibra's elbow was fucking on point.

Hell I'd do it too if I was stepped on the face with a studded boot.

Given how he played today the most surprising thing about it was that he didn't miss.
Something like this has been brewing all season. The amount of genuinely horrific decisions we've seen and then today you have the ref miss a player deliberately stamp on Ibra's head. Ibra taking the law into his own hands, and then the referee forgetting he'd already booked Surmon and taking genuinely five minutes between showing him his second yellow and the red.

Absolute farce. Referee's are just simply are not up to scratch. Two seconds of consultation with a video referee would have seen Mings sent off and that whole load of bollocks that followed afterwards would have been avoided.
Isn't the potential to win multiple trophies at the most popular club in the world a reason? We're most likely not going to win anything anytime soon so if Man Utd had a bid accepted for him I don't see why he'd turn it down, unfortunately for us.

What exactly are you basing that on? This is our strongest period in the PL era sure, but I don't see how this is our strongest period ever.

Football started in 1992 obviously.

Seriously though I've also got the impression that Spurs won trophies before in spite of not being the best team in the League, and basically have been perpetually decent without ever being great. It's probably too soon for that statement in fairness, and I think history won't look kindly on your failure to win a trophy over the past few years, but they're definitely not a million miles away.
I just don't see any reason for him to want to leave Tottenham and go anywhere else in England. Tottenham are a better side than Man Utd at the moment with a very good up and coming squad who should only get better. He always seems very happy there and certainly doesn't come across as the kind of player that would move on at the first opportunity either. Plus other than funding for the new stadium i see absolutely no reason why they would have to sell him, clubs in the Premier League nowadays don't have to sell their best players (thanks to the massive tv money) especially to a rival in the same league.

Its logical from Man Utd's point of view but certainly not from Tottenham's or Harry Kane's.

This is one of those statements that seems clear cut, but when you dig deeper into it is far less so that it seems. They've finished ahead of us twice in the last three seasons, and may or may not do so again (they're favourites but its hardly a decisive advantage), whereas we have won two cups to their zero.

Add to that that this is arguably the strongest period Spurs have ever gone through as a club, against one of the weakest we have for over 20 years, and the fact that even despite their new stadium their capacity is lower than Old Trafford, and they pay their players a relative pittance compared to the other top clubs (which won't change over the coming few years due to the construction of said stadium), nor can they afford to compete for players at the top end of the market, it would hardly be unbelievable to think there might be attractions to moving across.

I think that Kane won't though for several reasons. I think he's probably enough of a Spurs boy to just want to play for them, and I don't think he's worth anywhere near the money it would cost to get him. He'd have to perform in Europe or for England before any club, regardless of whether he wants to leave or not, would seriously consider paying the money that Levy would want to sell (and I think £100m wouldn't be enough if it was us).
Don't know imagine a lot will do with endorsements and such that will be inaccessible if they don't play in the CL or for a big club.

Like I imagine Alexis Sanchez probably has a much larger profile than if he for example went to PSG straight from Udinese, rather than playing for Barcelona or Arsenal. (Although I maybe ignorant about PSG's reach these days)

A quick glance on Twitter shows Sanchez is on 1.95m followers compared to Pastrore 1m and Verrati 200k followers - and likewise the Arsenal twitter has 9m followers compared to PSG's 4m. I'd imagine this is important to footballers and agents when sorting out where footballers want to play football.

Doesn't that prove my point given that PSG routinely do better in the Champions League than Arsenal but have a lower reach?

Arsenal have a large North American and Asian fanbase that I think would be surprisingly loyal if Arsenal dropped out of the Champions League (take ours as a point of reference) and the Premier League is marketable enough in its own right. It would hurt them to miss out on CL football, but I don't think its a death sentence or would significantly lower their appeal to players.
In fairness the likes of Ozil and Sanchez will only come if they can get CL football....

So y'know, if Simeone/Benitez/Tuchel lands lets say Rakitic and Morata next year rather than their Europa League equivalents. And snarky people talk about how new guy has taken Arsenal to the next level, (but also relying on Wenger delivering a fairly consistent level of success)

I've long thought it was overstated how much players want to play in the Champions League tbh.

I don't think the quality of players Arsenal want or need are content simply with playing the six group games and getting a hiding off the first decent side they face. They want to win the thing, and Arsenal haven't looked like doing that for years. Whilst it may hurt them to drop out for a year or two I don't think it will lead to an immediate decline in the quality of player they can attract; it is not like Sanchez and Ozil could have thought that they would win it their when they joined anyway.

Wenger has said he'll decide his future in "March or April".

Can't help but wonder who Arsenal fans expect to get if this is the end, which I think it might well be, and who they might blame if next season they fail to even make the top 6.

The manager obviously, but I think its at the point they'd like to see the club take the risk, even if it back fires, than take another season of predictable mediocrity.
Its been several years now since their Champions League adventures were anything other than one leg being decent and one leg being a catastrophe.

Yeah but competing in the Champion's League would get in the way of their ultimate goal of qualifying for the Champion's League.
Nah, I actually feel sorry for Arsenal fans. That team has no absolute bottle.

Xhaka might be the only one worth something, at least he could snap someone and show some fight.

Genuinely think he's one of the worst of the bunch. Seems to be a passenger in half their games and get sent off in the other half. Good passer in fairness, but doesn't control games like he could.

Good old Arsenal.
3-0 now to Manchester United, Juan Mata.

Leicester are in grave danger - are they going to be first ever reigning Premier League champions to be relegated?

If they carry on playing like this it's a certainty. We haven't been great and have put 3 past them.

I don't know if Ranieri is a victim of his own success or if its the only thing keeping him in the job, but they're really poor.
Well I'm trying to lose a bit of weight and like I said not much time for meal prep, so is that going to cause me to put on weight instead..

Nah.

The equation is simple. Calories in - calories out. If your calories out is higher than your calories in then it doesn't matter what you eat you will lose weight. For example: http://www.niashanks.com/teacher-lost-weight-eating-mcdonalds/

If your only goal is weight loss and you're counting calories then you can simply trust the scales. If you're losing weight now it's proof that its working. You may need to jiggle with the numbers a bit later because your BMR will change as you lose weight, but we're talking a few calories here and there and its easily worked out.

You could probably eat more healthily (by which I mean more veg, less processed foods etc...) but it won't cause you to lose weight more quickly and, if you eat too much of it, it will cause you to put weight on just the same as unhealthy food, and if you're trying to his macros then you're already eating more healthily than a huge number of people.

Just find something you can stick too. There's no point beating yourself up for eating 'unhealthy' foods if it stops you from binge eating much worse stuff and blowing our your calorie goals.
Alright gym buddies.. Need some advice re nutrition. Have limited time to meal prep etc, so have a very similar diet each day.
Porridge with soy milk, beans with a sandwich, then one of the Tesco healthy living meals. Example
Are they actually healthy? I know microwavable shit isn't really good for you, but they seem to be fairly lenient on the macros side..
Also fruit and yogurts for snacks. Staying under my calories and macros usually, but mainly wondering if those tesco meals are doing me more harm than good?

Dropped about 3-4kg since Christmas, as my diet before was awful, so just cutting out the sugars has made a massive difference. Currently 81kg, trying to get to 79ish by March, and 75 by summer.

Also only drink these, again are they bad? No added sugars, I know they have the two sweeteners, but quick google seems to be positive.

When you say 'healthy' what do you mean?

People mean so many different things when they use the word I'm not sure what you're actually asking.
If you're using out performances as a yard stick then you really have fallen from grace

Well just think how infuriating it is that you haven't won in ages and we're still fucking 6th.

Maybe should have waited until you played them before you said anything?
I knew we were going to drop points after yesterdays results. Should have done something more fun. Seppuku or something.

Absolutely nothing about this team whatsoever; crumble under the slightest pressure.
This match is a perfect summary of our season.

Even more annoying in that everybody above us bar City dropped points and we fail to take advantage once again.

I think the perfect summary of our season is a game where we have a bajillion chances.

This is just crap. Feels like an LVG game.
If that fat fuck has actually seen that and thinks that is a penalty then I'd like to hear the explanation for why he doesn't give 10 penalties a game.

Jesus christ.
Despite the initial criticism, which I didn't really understand, it shows how important Mane has become .
Aye, what did happen to that young Norwegian kid who went to Real Madrid?

He only recently turned 18, has made his debut for Real Madrid already (their youngest ever player), and is on an 18 month loan right now.

He might have played more already for another team, but its definitely not gone badly for him so far.

No matter who plays, or what combination we put out, we're going to struggle as long as we're so fucking profligate.

As with the Liverpool game I think we probably shaded it, and possibly deserved more than a draw on the balance of play (not sure Stoke actually had a shot on target), but if you can't put the ball in the net you deserve everything you get, or don't get in this instance.
Fellaini's started every game we've lost this season.

Fellaini starts today and we're losing.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.