2. Install it
3. Run it
(This was the simple part)
4. Now you should see small window with an Edit box, some buttons, check-boxes and radio buttons
5. First you have to choose working directory. You can get it in several ways:
- Use Browse button
- Type it or paste from clipboard
- Drag the directory on fmXML window (my preferred)
6. Next - choose Action from these 2 options:
- Make config.xml file
Use this if you have made faces/logos/kits for some players/clubs/competitions
- Translate file names to IDs
Use this if you have downloaded a face pack which contains files, named as player real name, not ID,
but you want to copy them in another folder (to avoid duplicates or whatever another reason).
This works with face/logo packs, but not with kits
(may be implemented later)
7. Object - choose one
- faces - for player/coach faces
- kits - for club/nation kits
- nation logos - for national FA logos
- competition logos - for competition logos
- club logos - for (surprise) club logos
- All filenames are IDs
If filenames of these graphics already are resource ID numbers (which you can find in FM
2005 using option to show unique IDs), you can tick this checkbox.
Use this only if filenames ARE IDs. If they are not, you will end up with config.xml files with IDs as 0,
and they will not work in the game.
If you do not tick this checkbox, new dialog will pop up, asking you for resource ID for each
file. Find appropriate ID and insert it. For kits there are more options.
- Process dragged folders
This lets you speed up some things. If ticked, you can drag multiple folders on fmXML window to
process them as a batch. N!B! you can not change graphics type in batch mode. So ensure that all
files in these folders are from the same type.
9. GO button starts the job (in batch mode it starts automatically).
11. Edit XML
It is a simple config.xml file viewer/editor. It is very simple, but can be useful. There is an issue that you can
use TAB key normally. To get a TAB symbol, use Ctrl+TAB.
12. When the work is done, click Close. There is no surprise that it just quits program
And remember, when the work is done, share it with others.
If you want to put this file on another website. Please link to this page, but DO NOT under any circumstances rehost this file on your own servers.