jameslufc
11 years ago
4 months ago
Hi guys,

I am playing a game as Wolves and have got back to back promotions to get into the Premier League. I play a 4-2-3-1 formation with a ball winning and central midfielder, two wingers and a shadow striker and a false nine. It has scored me a lot of goals but in the Championship I also conceded a lot. I have always enjoyed lots of possession and created a lot of chances through using a control mentality. I have tried to use this in the Premiership but as my squad is a lot weaker than most of the other teams I am struggling. I have tried tweaking the tactic to play a bit deeper and try to counter attack more but I am still conceding too many goals. Does anyone have any good advice for playing against higher quality opposition or anything that has worked well for them with lower Premiership teams? Thanks.
Poe
17 years ago
1 day ago
Ditch the 4-2-3-1 is probably my best advice.

Use something more rigid like a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2. Make sure players aren't being instructed to do things that they're incapable of (don't tell Richard Stearman to be playing a short passing game) and make sure your defensive line matches the tempo of the game you're trying to play (deep-slow, high-fast).

Hope this helps.

You'll need to Login to comment