BrianCloughALegend
17 years ago
5 days ago
hello,anybody who knows about computers will be able to answer this,i have got my desktop set up though my 50inch tv so i can play football manager but i have no sound and i have just tried to play music and i dont think there is a sound card in it,i had it build up so dont know what make it is,also is there anything i can plug into my computer so i can get sound on?thanx
KEZ_7
17 years ago
1 day ago
You could try an aux cable? How is it currently set up? HDMI?
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
HDMI cable will carry the sound and picture to your TV, VGA is just for picture.
Slashman X
17 years ago
4 months ago
Premium
Depends on the computer. Some computers don't send sound over HDMI, but most should. Try opening sound settings and setting "Default Device" to HDMI.
BrianCloughALegend
17 years ago
5 days ago
yes its set up hmdi but no sound,also i have tried opening sound settings and setting "Default Device" to HDMI. and nothing works,
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
Right click on the little sound icon in the bottom right of the screen and choose 'playback devices' and set your TV as the default. May not work though as my old 26" did allow it, but yesterday i got a new 28" for the PC and cannot seem to get sound to play out of it either (tried as you just asked about yours). Doesn't really matter to me personally as i've got speakers which always sound much better anyway. Should get some yourself as can pick a half decent 2.1 up for very cheap nowadays.
BrianCloughALegend
17 years ago
5 days ago
for some reason my tv doesnt show and how will i know if i have a soundcard in my sytem but im sure i have because it shows on the 2nd picture i posted right?

Right click on the little sound icon in the bottom right of the screen and choose 'playback devices' and set your TV as the default. May not work though as my old 26" did allow it, but yesterday i got a new 28" for the PC and cannot seem to get sound to play out of it either (tried as you just asked about yours). Doesn't really matter to me personally as i've got speakers which always sound much better anyway. Should get some yourself as can pick a half decent 2.1 up for very cheap nowadays.
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
Yeah you will/should have, just look at the back of your PC for a small audio jack connection, it'll be green colored. How are you connecting to your TV, through VGA (blue ended cable usually) or a HDMI cable like your Sky box etc uses?
BrianCloughALegend
17 years ago
5 days ago
Yes i have a small audio jack connection and im using a hdmi cable it goes from back of my desktop into the tv
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
Yes i have a small audio jack connection and im using a hdmi cable it goes from back of my desktop into the tv

Strange you cannot find your TV then in the list, but like i said i'm using HDMI with the new TV and cannot get the sound to work either for some reason. Just get yourself some speakers though, much better and don't have to cost much at all.
BrianCloughALegend
17 years ago
5 days ago
yes looks like i will do that,thatnx for your help though mate

Strange you cannot find your TV then in the list, but like i said i'm using HDMI with the new TV and cannot get the sound to work either for some reason. Just get yourself some speakers though, much better and don't have to cost much at all.

You'll need to Login to comment