oJMPx
11 years ago
2 days ago
Premium
Obviously as a player gets older they deteriorate, is there a stat hidden in the editor to slow down the deterioration rate?
What it is, i like using older players (ADP, Rivaldo etc) but dont want them to be horrendous after 1 season.

Is there any way i can slow down the deterioration rate?

Cheers
Crane
14 years ago
4 days ago
Premium
Natural fitness probably plays the biggest part.
fmgod
17 years ago
5 months ago
I find playing older players week in week out slows the deterioration rate, I've had older four star rated strikers end up with two stars by the end of the season through not playing. I think this is one aspect the game struggles with massively is how older players age so quickly, even more so the ones who never had great acceleration, pace, strength, work rate etc age shouldn't affect them no where near as much as a player whose game is based on physical stats but the game seems to treat them very similar.
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
Natural fitness, professionalism and playing time are the keys to a long career on FM. Having great physical attributes to start with helps too.

You should also consider playing your older players in roles that are less dependent on physical ability, like false nine, deep-lying playmaker or limited defender.
Poe
17 years ago
1 day ago
I find playing older players week in week out slows the deterioration rate, I've had older four star rated strikers end up with two stars by the end of the season through not playing. I think this is one aspect the game struggles with massively is how older players age so quickly, even more so the ones who never had great acceleration, pace, strength, work rate etc age shouldn't affect them no where near as much as a player whose game is based on physical stats but the game seems to treat them very similar.

If old players dont play they'll naturally decline much faster than one that is keeping match fit by playing every week.
fmgod
17 years ago
5 months ago
If old players dont play they'll naturally decline much faster than one that is keeping match fit by playing every week.

I know reserves is a lower level of football but they were still playing that week in week out, odd cup and leagues games and seem to decline as rapidly, I'll see if I can get the screenshot when I get home of two strikers I had, you expect decline but they go from being top players to useless so quickly.

You'll need to Login to comment