Antoz
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
Hello,

I have recently purchased a new laptop with the following basic specs:

Intel Core i7 processor 4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, (Quad Cores) 1600MHz FSB, 6MB L3 Cache)
nVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 2GB
6GB DDR3L (4GB + 2GB) (1600Mhz)

Now, being a greedy sort I want to play with just England playable and the ROW viewable only, with a huge database.

Can any techy types out there advise me if there would be any discernible difference in experience if I upgrade to 8GB RAM, or is 6 more than enough and I should save my pennies...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Ant
Franck
17 years ago
2 days ago
FM isn't 64-bit enabled, so it can't make use of more than 4 GB of RAM, so the difference for you is whether you'll be running any other programs in the background (like a web-browser, music player etc.) and how RAM-intensive those are. If you're someone who multitasks a lot while playing FM the extra memory is probably a sound investment, otherwise you'll be fine.
Antoz
14 years ago
3 weeks ago
FM isn't 64-bit enabled, so it can't make use of more than 4 GB of RAM, so the difference for you is whether you'll be running any other programs in the background (like a web-browser, music player etc.) and how RAM-intensive those are. If you're someone who multitasks a lot while playing FM the extra memory is probably a sound investment, otherwise you'll be fine.

Excellent thanks for that! FM consumes ALL my time so no multi-tasking for me, apart from perhaps some music playing in the background to soothe my troubled heart on those long winless streaks... so 6 should be enough for all of that!

Cheers
Ant

You'll need to Login to comment