clloyd
9 years ago
2 years ago
Hey, currently in my fourth season of the pentagon and now at Guangzhou with a £17m transfer budget and £450k wage budget.

I'm having extreme difficulty in finding any chinese players that are decent enough for the team as I have no more space for foreign players (have a 3 star rated foreigner that is refusing to leave without a £7m release fee, of which of course the board block), however I literally cannot find anybody..

I would love some help with the matter as I've never played in the CSL before!

IF you need pictures let me know
gaz12321
15 years ago
10 hours ago
Best way if you're 4 seasons in is to have scouts regularly scouting for regens, there isn't a great deal of talent available in China really. I am at Shandong on my pentagon challenge and have been there since season 5 (now in season 9), I have 7 scouts set to scout between the Super League, Reserve League & Youth League and regularly they come up with a few potential gems.

Also keep a close eye on the national team squads I have found a few players of dual nationality that are playing away in other countries but are very good quality players for the Chinese League.
Michael Johnson 123
11 years ago
9 years ago
Hao Junmin is perhaps one of the better Chinese real players in FM.
clloyd
9 years ago
2 years ago
Best way if you're 4 seasons in is to have scouts regularly scouting for regens, there isn't a great deal of talent available in China really. I am at Shandong on my pentagon challenge and have been there since season 5 (now in season 9), I have 7 scouts set to scout between the Super League, Reserve League & Youth League and regularly they come up with a few potential gems.

Also keep a close eye on the national team squads I have found a few players of dual nationality that are playing away in other countries but are very good quality players for the Chinese League.

Ah I see, thanks for the advice! just one quick question, I'm relatively new to football manager and was wondering how I go about scouting regens? Or is it just scouting the leagues that chinese regens will occur?

Have no idea if I'm here for the long run though as I'm not sure they can win the asian CL
Johno
17 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
You can look at your scout reports and see if there any Chinese regens popped up

Or you could use player search and look at players age between 16- 20

Welcome to Sortitoutsi
clloyd
9 years ago
2 years ago
You can look at your scout reports and see if there any Chinese regens popped up

Or you could use player search and look at players age between 16- 20

Welcome to Sortitoutsi

Ahh I see! I've done that now but everything is coming back as not viable so I'm guessing I need to wait until the end of the season until when all the youngns come through

Thanks! I've been reading alot of peoples stories, they're pretty fun
Cymro
17 years ago
3 weeks ago
Look up Giovanni Moreno, he's a quality bargain buy for any club in China if you can pry him away from Shanghai Shenhua
clloyd
9 years ago
2 years ago
Look up Giovanni Moreno, he's a quality bargain buy for any club in China if you can pry him away from Shanghai Shenhua

Well it happened to be a rather short stint at Guangzhou having smashed the league by a 14 point lead, then winning the Asian champions league final against Shandong and then unfortunately loosing on penalties to Bayern in the world club final.. So I don't think there is much point in me staying in Asia now the CL is won!
Johno
17 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
Why not try and defend CL next season
gaz12321
15 years ago
10 hours ago
Congrats on winning the ACL mate, in my save Chinese teams tend to struggle in that competition I haven't seen Guangzhou get beyond the first knockout round. Great achievement.
clloyd
9 years ago
2 years ago
Congrats on winning the ACL mate, in my save Chinese teams tend to struggle in that competition I haven't seen Guangzhou get beyond the first knockout round. Great achievement.

Thanks a lot mate, to be honest we had the easiest route I could possibly imagine aha including Tiangsu and Shandong. Looking forwards to your story update!
clloyd
9 years ago
2 years ago
Why not try and defend CL next season

If I'm honest I wasn't really enjoying the Chinese league because of the foreign players rule, and the fact that most of the Chinese players are sub par.. Resigned with my head held high and took a year but I've just joined 2nd place Barnsley in the sky league 1, so a really nice challenge ahead to get into the championship!

Edit: Have decided to re-start the challenge so that I can start posting my story up on here - however I won't be allowed to use the chinese league as a first stop due to it being quite easy/fast to progress reputation and through the league. What do you think?
clloyd
9 years ago
2 years ago

I'd also love your opinion on the comment above with johno about starting a story if you can
gaz12321
15 years ago
10 hours ago
Can't see any need for you to restart and lose the first step that you've already completed, I started my story when my save was like 7 seasons in and just done season summaries until I caught up with the save file, now i'm doing monthly updates. Would be a nice read too and especially interesting for me with where I am on my pentagon challenge.

Out of curiosity, getting the Guangzhou job in season 4 is incredible, what club was you at before that? Also did you start as unemployed with sunday league reputation?
clloyd
9 years ago
2 years ago
Can't see any need for you to restart and lose the first step that you've already completed, I started my story when my save was like 7 seasons in and just done season summaries until I caught up with the save file, now i'm doing monthly updates. Would be a nice read too and especially interesting for me with where I am on my pentagon challenge.

Out of curiosity, getting the Guangzhou job in season 4 is incredible, what club was you at before that? Also did you start as unemployed with sunday league reputation?

Okay I started up my story if you want to have a little read!

I was at Kitchee for two seasons winning the title both leagues, then a short (3 month) stint at Melbourne Victory in the Hyundai A-League followed straight away by the Guangzhou job - All at sunday league rep

You'll need to Login to comment