Andrés The Giant
10 years ago
4 months ago
So, a quick question.

I'm currently in my third season as manager for River Plate in Argentina. I've tried to set up a feeder-club link with at team in Europe for quite some time now. The past 4-5 times I've asked the chairman for an affiliation-link up, he's granted me the courtesy of choosing the club I want to form an affiliation with, but it doesn't matter who I choose, the board verdict is always the same; the can't manage to set up a proper link with the club of my choosing. I get the same answer if I leave it up to the board to decide.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? Pretty sure my club-rep is massive given that I've won the Copa Sudamericana, Copa Libertadores and World Club Cup since I took over. However, I still have the choice of asking the board for a parent-club setup... (?)
Sheriff Skacel
10 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
Waiting game really, all you can do is try to pick a Euro club with a lower rep (but who would still bring some sort of loanee / scouting knowledge value) and keep building your own clubs reputations.

Usually when you manage a European team its piss easy to get feeder clubs, but outside of Europe it can be a bit tougher in FM. I got myself a few feeders with Toronto and a few decent South and Central American ones with Corinthians. But when I was managing Goyang in South Korea I just couldn't get a feeder club outside of Korea for love nor money.
Franck
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
It's not really that realistic for a South American club to be the parent of a European club, the game likely takes that into account.
Andrés The Giant
10 years ago
4 months ago
Thing is; the APL's reputation is growing, I'm one of the richest clubs in the world, worldwide reputation. That should count for something, right?
Sheriff Skacel
10 years ago
1 month ago
Premium
I do think you'll get one eventually, it would make sense with the dynamic rep. I find it quite shocking the calibre of club I can attract as feeder clubs with my Palermo side (Steaua, Stuttgart, Estudiantes, Santos, etc). So eventually you will land something in Europe.

I left Corinthians three seasons ago, I can't mind all of the feeders we had but they still have feeder clubs in South Africa and Mexico which I definitely set up. Gremio and Santos also have a few in Asia, racking my brains and I possibly had the option for some Scandinavian feeders whilst I was at Toronto but I just never took them up, not 100% sure mind.

You'll need to Login to comment