Ross Robert Ingersoll
8 years ago
1 year ago
i apologize if this is not suppose to go here. my question is as follows. being yank and not really watching soccer (football) a ton im lost mostly. Im not a huge soccer fan but love fm. i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to learn how to make a tactic. when i say make i know how to do it in game, I mean a place that explains for someone without much knowledge about diff player roles, what each does do, versus what each should do. I guess i am wondering if there is sort of a tactics for dummies book or guide out there lol
Andrew♣
13 years ago
1 year ago
Ross Robert Ingersoll
8 years ago
1 year ago
i know basic stuff. but I enjoy sports games period. Its not that I don't like the sport, I just don't watch it here in the states much. I get the basics. I have been playing fm for over 10 years now but usually always downloaded tactics and wanted to get away from that
Not everyone who plays is a fanatic about the game but thanks for telling me who should or should not buy the game. lol
Andrew♣
13 years ago
1 year ago
i know basic stuff. but I enjoy sports games period. Its not that I don't like the sport, I just don't watch it here in the states much. I get the basics. I have been playing fm for over 10 years now but usually always downloaded tactics and wanted to get away from that
Not everyone who plays is a fanatic about the game but thanks for telling me who should or should not buy the game. lol

it would of been helpful if you had said in the opening post that you had been playing fm for over 10 years, your opening post made it sound like you were a complete newcomer to the game. when did i say who should or should not play the game, i never said that so please don't try to put words into my mouth that i didn't say silly yank, that is the thanks you get for taking the time to try to help someone. there are plenty of tactical guides for football manager online if you simply use the google search engine, i could be more helpful but after your last rude comment i am not going to give you any assistance whatsoever so you are on your own now...
One Night In Grimsby
17 years ago
6 years ago
I'd go to the tactics section in the online manual (as a starting point) on the Sports Interactive website. Here: Your text to link here...

That gives a good overview when I had a quick look last week. But the best way is just to play around and see what suits you best.
Ross Robert Ingersoll
8 years ago
1 year ago
it would of been helpful if you had said in the opening post that you had been playing fm for over 10 years, your opening post made it sound like you were a complete newcomer to the game. when did i say who should or should not play the game, i never said that so please don't try to put words into my mouth that i didn't say silly yank, that is the thanks you get for taking the time to try to help someone. there are plenty of tactical guides for football manager online if you simply use the google search engine, i could be more helpful but after your last rude comment i am not going to give you any assistance whatsoever so you are on your own now...

I could make a comment about how you edited and removed what you originally said but im not going to waste my time. thanks for the reply.
Ross Robert Ingersoll
8 years ago
1 year ago
I'd go to the tactics section in the online manual (as a starting point) on the Sports Interactive website. Here: Your text to link here...

That gives a good overview when I had a quick look last week. But the best way is just to play around and see what suits you best.

thank you very much

You'll need to Login to comment