RBLE
8 years ago
7 years ago
I'm at the begin of the second season with German club Bayer Leverkusen. In the first season however we ended up 4th in the Bundesliga - with really bad 51 points. In the German Cup we lost in the QF to 2nd tier Karlsruhe - a very, very, very, weak game of us. Also we reached the CL Group Stage against Praga, but in a group with Chelsea, Kiew and Racing Genk we ended 3rd. But in Europa League we beat ZSKA Moskva and Bordeaux before losing very closely against Atletico in the QF.

Now I wanted to create a new tactic. As a formation I took Pep Guardiolas lovely 4-1-2-2-1 or simply 4-3-3. I want to play some quick attacking football. So I took Attacking and fluid first of all. Team instructions are: Higher Tempo, Use Offside trap, Close Down More, Work Ball Into Box.

The following is my best 11:

GK: Bernd Leno (SK/S)
RB: Tin Jedvaj (WB/A)
RCB: Jonathan Tah (CB/C)
LCB: Omer Toprak (CB/D)
LB: Wendell (WB/A)
DM: Lars Bender (DM/D)
RCM: Kevin Kampl/Levin Oztunali (RPM/S)
LCM: Youri Tielemans/Charles Aranguiz (AP/S)
RW: Breel Embolo (IF/S)
LW: Julian Brandt/Admir Mehmedi (IF/S)
ST: Chicharito (CF/S)

Against Fenerbahce in the CL Play-Offs we played a very nice game. Dominated them with a very nice attacking game. We were 2:0 up and had many chances to make it three or four and their away goal was just luck because Kjaer got through after a free kick.

So I thought this tactic shouldn't be bad. But at the first matchday of Bundesliga we played away frome home in Bremen. They absolutely destroyed us. We had only two shots or so in the first half and were 2:0 down. I changed to a Counter tactic from last season hand held the 0:2. But the game was just absolutely disturbing for me.

So it seems to be that this tactic has big problems away from home. Next game is at home against Dortmund and I'm worrying that we get destroyed against bigger teams too. So I need help to adjust the tactic for away games and games against big teams like Bayern, Dortmund or Juventus and Man City (got them in my Champions League group).

You'll need to Login to comment