Cymro
17 years ago
2 weeks ago
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/1/30/1327939032259/Gary-Speed-007.jpg

A tribute to a Welshman with a vision. Gary Speed a true cult hero for many, a legend for some, one to be remembered for all. As a salute to Gary Speed's dedication to the Welsh national team and their current success, I've have decided to relight the challenge for people to try to emulate and surpass Speed's and Coleman's vision. Bring Glory to Wales, start with the foundations, a solid youth team. So, I thought that I'd make a spin off from the San Marino Challenge. Can you win the European Championships or even the World Cup with Wales? This one requires some dedication, since Swansea are already in the Prem, Cardiff are in the Championship, and Newport in League 2. The likes of Wrexham, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr are non-league. However, The main aspect to this Challenge is to nurture young Welsh talent and turn the national side into a contender. Now, Let's all think for a moment about the Barca team, That is a perfect example of home grown talent. Emulate that and bring pride to Wales!

If you want a longer term challenge than managing a Welsh Premier League side is the way to go. Managing the likes of Aberystwyth Town, Bangor City or TNS. The challenge is harder but possible.

Rules and Goals
  • The youth academy must be able to produce youngsters for the national team.
  • Your team consist of players from the same nationality.
  • Manage the national team (can apply later on in the game).
  • Win the World Cup with Wales
  • Win the Euro's with Wales
  • Win the Champions League with a Welsh side
Extra:
  • Control every team of the national team that competes in international tournaments (Main Squad, U23, U21, U19 most often).
  • The team is playing in a league of another nationality.
All the best with this challenge.
oulzac
8 years ago
1 month ago
I have been thinking of starting a new save recently, and was going to do the San Marion challenge. But this sounds more interesting to me, and I think I would find this more enjoyable. I'm going to start this tonight!

oulzac
8 years ago
1 month ago
Well, I picked Swansea because I thought it would be easy. I was fired with 8 games to go in the season. We only won 5 games. It was bad.
Lilyik
6 years ago
6 years ago
cool posts .. thanks for them ,, they are quite cool and interesting ))
Lena01
6 years ago
6 years ago
hi all,,, thanks for your posts ,, useful and interesting ,.,, )))

You'll need to Login to comment