mixester
10 years ago
5 years ago
Hi,

Long time fan of your content and a few year premium member here. I assume this is the right place to wonder about the Christmas sale? With any conversion rate I can find, the premium member price doesn't translate into over 30€, yet the shop tells me I should cough up 35€. What's the real deal here?

Must be a busy day for you guys, but thanks if you can fork out a few seconds to reply/solve this.

Merry Christmas,
Mix
Shedender
17 years ago
1 month ago
It's currently available on Steam for £26.24.

But it's shame you didn't live in the United Kingdom/Ireland because Tesco currently have it on sale for £18.
mixester
10 years ago
5 years ago
Haha, wouldn't have hurt to live over there for that Tesco price! Must be different prices in/for UK/Ireland for FM17 throughout the internet from sortitoutsi to Steam. Steam gives me 41€ price tag. Oh well, thanks for your time and answer Shedender. Again have a real nice day today.
András Szolnoki
9 years ago
3 years ago
Hi, same question as above.

I'm supposedly a Premium Memeber, yet I'm being charged €35 for what you sell for £23.
£23 is €27 at the moment.

I'm not able to buy it for £26 off steam, as its using a geolocator and will only sell it for £35.

How can I buy the game for the advertised sum of £23?

Cheers
Footygamer
17 years ago
13 hours ago
I'm sorry we don't set the currency conversions, the price charged to us if you're in an EU country is different to the price in GBP, not a direct currency conversion.
András Szolnoki
9 years ago
3 years ago
Then in effect the sale is only for someone with a UK IP adress
Footygamer
17 years ago
13 hours ago
No it's still reduced, the price we're given without VAT is €26.64 normally the price we are given is €35.52 so it is still 25% off.

I'm sorry that the EURO price is higher, that's something SEGA set directly and we deal directly with SEGA. I don't know how or why large businesses manage to offer cheaper prices. We're not a large business, we're entirely really limited to what SEGA tell us they'll sell us the game for.
Johannes45
11 years ago
3 weeks ago
Premium
I don\t get it either.
CHRISTMAS DAY SPECIAL
It's Christmas Day and we've got a very special offer for you for FM2017, with at least 25% off the RRP and even bigger savings if you get a sortitoutsi.net premium subscription as well.
Here are the prices in GBP, check your own currency on the product page.
Premium Member Price: £22.60 (35.41% discount)
Regular Member Price: £25.07 (28.35%) discount
Price with Subscription: £29.00 (35.54% discount)
Merry Christmas from everyone at sortitoutsi.net and thank's for all the support

I\m a premium member. But it says that I can get it for 35,42 €, Which is way more than 22,6 £
Footygamer
17 years ago
13 hours ago
I just explained, for EUR we are charged €26.64 before VAT, in GBP we are charged ££16.94 before VAT.

We are then charged a processing fee by paypal which is about £1.30 / €1.85.

Then we are charged 20% VAT.

That's how it winds up at €35 and £22.60

I don't know how to make it more clear, we are charged different prices per region wether you're in the UK, EU, US, AUS or wherever. This is not us, this is SEGA.
mixester
10 years ago
5 years ago
I guess I started this snowball, huh.

Anyway, I completely understand from the get-go what and why you are charging different price for different country/region and that must go for Steam and other distributors, large and small. The price variation is most probably a mix of different tax systems and SEGA pricing policy. Finland is one of the heaviest tax collectors of, well, everything.

The larger retailers often sell the certain products in certain sales for break-even or perhaps even more often at a moderate loss. The trick is to get people buying and hope they wind up buying something else with much larger profit margin. Overall that £18 Tesco price is a surefire loss but the other income they get by getting people to visit their stores breaks them even or makes them profit.

Back to staring at Steam or local distributors post-Christmas sales discount %!

You'll need to Login to comment