jespernohr
8 years ago
9 months ago
Hey guys.

Just downloaded the a new FM-update via Steam. After downloading it, I can't seem to start FM anymore. I downloaded the new data update, and after that, it wouldn't even open the application. I then deleted the data update. FM opens after i deleted the data update, but it stays at the loading screen, and won't go to the menu. Any idea how to fix it, without deleting and downloading FM17 again?
VP.
13 years ago
1 week ago
Hey guys.

Just downloaded the a new FM-update via Steam. After downloading it, I can't seem to start FM anymore. I downloaded the new data update, and after that, it wouldn't even open the application. I then deleted the data update. FM opens after i deleted the data update, but it stays at the loading screen, and won't go to the menu. Any idea how to fix it, without deleting and downloading FM17 again?

Try this.

Verify Game Cache:

1. Load Steam
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ button.
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

If you are still experiencing the same error afterwards on the PC please try deleting the FM.EXE

PC WINDOWS:
Local Disk -> Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> football manager 2012 -> fm.exe

Once deleted try the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ feature to identify whether this addresses the problem.
jespernohr
8 years ago
9 months ago
Try this.

Verify Game Cache:

1. Load Steam
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the Local files tab and click the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ button.
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

If you are still experiencing the same error afterwards on the PC please try deleting the FM.EXE

PC WINDOWS:
Local Disk -> Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> football manager 2012 -> fm.exe

Once deleted try the ‘VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE…’ feature to identify whether this addresses the problem.

Tried to verify game cache, didn't work. Where do I find fm.exe on my macbook?
Andrew Cowe
3 years ago
5 months ago
Premium

Hi, thank you so much. This worked a treat and now loading correctly now. It found a couple of files which needed to be re implemented which was done by Steam automatically. Thank you, I would never have known what to do in regards to this. 

You'll need to Login to comment