Phippo
6 years ago
7 months ago
Hi,

I need your help. I had a short break at the Football Manager, 7 years to be more precise... and so I have to deal with all the technical changes now

As far as I can tell:
- I buy a cd key
- I activate the game via Steam
- I download the game and copy the files I want to have (logos, etc.) into the appropriate installation folders.

After that, I can basically play offline and only have to go online if I want to match the game score with the Steam Server, so that I can access it from another PC/Mac? Am I seeing this right?

Further questions:

Since I want to play the game from home as well as on the road on my laptop, I don't need to play the game on both computers with completely identical installations (additional packs etc.)?

Wouldn't it make sense to place the installation in a cloud (iCloud, dropbox) to be able to access it from completely different computers? Is that possible?

Those would be my questions. Does anyone know their way around?

Best regards
Pippo

PS: Sorry if my English is bad here and there
VP.
13 years ago
3 weeks ago
First part - Yes once installed you don't need to be online to play.

Second part - You can save your games to the ' steam cloud' and access them from anywhere and yes I'd guess you can also upload any graphics to save space on your computer. But I'm not sure if you can set a 'cloud/dropbox' as an installation location, basically when the game loads up it has a directory that it searches for any graphics, saved games, tactics etc which is normally on your PC, whether a cloud can be used for this I'm not so sure. Plus it would take an awful long time uploading everything as some packs are very large and then of course you'd have to download them again to install for when playing.

Personally I'd just use any downloaded graphics on the machine I'll be playing on most and not worry about installing all again elsewhere.
Phippo
6 years ago
7 months ago
Hm. Thanks for your quick response!

So playing the Game at a PC elsewhere is possible, but only with the standard installation from Steam. Any extras must be installed locally if I like to use/see them.
Ok. So I will install everything on both machines, Home PC and Laptop.

Another question:

I can't find a list about the features of the classic and the touch version. I thought about plying this when short in time. But this will only work with the standard installation, right? you can't change the installation files on the iPad version?
VP.
13 years ago
3 weeks ago
Phippo
6 years ago
7 months ago

You'll need to Login to comment