robmoore_396 2
17 years ago
1 week ago
Has anyone else noticed that this always seems to go wrong? Well it does for me, at least.

I'm currently in charge of Boca. We've won the league, and in the past two seasons won the Copa Libertadores. We even managed to beat Madrid in the Club World Cup final last year (though lost to them this year). As far as i'm concerned, we're the best team in South America.

Now ..

I have a game against Independiente. If we win, we win bigly (as Trump would say), taking home the league title. My assistant says, 'hey Rob, it'd be a good idea to have a team meeting'. Now my experience of these has never been good, so I decided to save before hand and try each option.

When I told my team 'this is exactly what was expected of us, go out and win' - literally NONE of them agreed, and in fact, they all disagreed, saying 'we weren't expected to win'.

In the end I had to choose the bottom option, 'no one expected us to win' for them to be happy.

WTF. Are they idiots? Am I punching too high with my expectations? How can a two time Copa Libertadores team not be expected to win the Argentine league?

Anyone else had this before?

You'll need to Login to comment