Feed
Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 17 minutes ago
charlie18 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
21 minutes ago
hammer9 commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
44 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 48389 changes from 193 contributors.
44 minutes ago
Sean_67 commented on: Moneyball in the North-East
1 hour ago
Mustang13297 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
1 hour ago
Mustang13297 added a download: CearĂ¡ Staff Teampack
1 hour ago
WorkTheSpace added a video: Park To Prem FM20 | 2034 WORLD CUP #144 - Norman's Invasion | Football Manager 2020
1 hour ago
A new version of our data update was released with 48376 changes from 193 contributors.
1 hour ago
Lebohang Mokoena commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM20 Megapack - 12.12 OUT NOW [28/05/2020]
1 hour ago
Uncle Sam commented on: USA Expansion File
2 hours ago
mons commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM20 Megapack - 12.12 OUT NOW [28/05/2020]
2 hours ago
mons commented on: FM20 graphics suddenly stopped working.
2 hours ago
loomie commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM20 Megapack - 12.12 OUT NOW [28/05/2020]
2 hours ago
Footygamer added a video: Uniao Da Madeira - Youth Intake + The Push For Europe - Season 6 - Live Streaming Now!
2 hours ago
theo1664 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
2 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 48369 changes from 193 contributors.
2 hours ago
Jannick Wischmeier commented on: FM20 graphics suddenly stopped working.
2 hours ago
jroberts commented on: Asia Nations 3D'2019/20 for FM20 New! (27/05/20)
3 hours ago
bafo78hr commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
3 hours ago
mons commented on: FM20 graphics suddenly stopped working.
3 hours ago
bafo78hr commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
3 hours ago
Jannick Wischmeier commented on: FM20 graphics suddenly stopped working.
3 hours ago
Jannick Wischmeier added a topic: FM20 graphics suddenly stopped working.
3 hours ago
Sean_67 commented on: Moneyball in the North-East
3 hours ago
Milos Mitic commented on: FM18 Summer Update (All Premier League Summer 2019 Transfers + English Leagues Updated!)
3 hours ago
kingrobbo commented on: Content information
4 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 48345 changes from 193 contributors.
4 hours ago
mons commented on: Content information
4 hours ago
Preud commented on: Content information
4 hours ago
Preud added a topic: Content information
Discussion
Hi All

I've been playing FM for 20 years now so I know my way around things, including save game files.

A few nights ago I started receiving error messages whilst playing the game. I can't recall what it said and did not take a picture of it unfortunately. I could click OK and these messages would disappear. I then tried to save the file and I get an error message saying 'could not be saved'. Eventually I quit and the game magically saved itself as a backup file which I continued to save over since my game would not save when I tried to re-label it 'Sunderland'.

The same happened last night and I could not save the file. This time, the backup file had also disappeared too. So not only could I not save the game as 'Sudnerland', I could not overwrite the backup. I turned on auto save to see if that worked and it still could not save. I then quit the game without saving thinking that I would lose a few hours progress (which was annoying as I had just beaten Man United 2-0 at home!). However, I tried to load the game today and the entire file has gone!

I've checked the documents > sports interactive > games folder and its empty. I've scoured my recycling bin and its not in there.

Can anybody help me recover my game? I've never had this in 20 years of playing!

Thanks

Andrew
It's either a third party add-on you've recently installed or it's corrupt game files or your hard drive is on the way out. You should have refreshed your game files when the problem first appeared and if that didn't work,you'd need to check the other possibles because it's now likely you've lost your save game now,unfortunately. I'm not sure it's possible to retrieve lost or damaged save game files. I appreciate it's no consolation but for future use I'd strongly recommend installing Steam on an SSD if you can afford to. My FM has never run faster or smoother and with FM19 I've not had a single crash from day one.
Login to post a comment

Login Register