La Masia
12 years ago
4 years ago
I don't think I've ever been so disgusted while playing this game.

I had 3 seasons at Ajax, failed to make great waves in the CL, but won the League & Domestic cups x 3, had a crazy unbeaten streak of something like 23 games in the final season, had Mitrovic, Romero, Obiang, Telles, Mallo, Corchia, Doria, Balanta, Honda all in my team

Arsenal come in for me midway through the summer window. I go.

Sold a shitload of players (arteta, walcott, koscielny, Giroud, Podlski, Szcezny etc)

BROUGHT IN

Bernard, Deulofeo, Jese, Muriel, Papodopolis,Kondogbia, Luke Shaw, in addition to all of the above that I brought over from Ajax

I understand that this can disturb the balance of the team and the cohesion can take a little while to take affect, however...the team has now been together for a while and their knowledge of the formations is about 75%

It is impossible to score or win. Matches go one of two ways

1. I end up with masses of possession and about 30 shots. No goals. None of these chances are clear cut, despite having Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Bernard/Deulofeo etc in the team, and forwards with 15+ off the ball, pace and finishing

2. Absolutely no chances. Ozil (who I have set as playmaker) hasn't played a single through ball in his entire life, neither does Wilshere or ramsey or anybody else. I realised this may be due to having a lone forward, but I've experimented with this (having a DLF and an AF) and it doesn't work, Ozil will just get the ball, stop, do nothing and then get tackled. even when he apparently has a ball on that even Stevie wonder could see

All this of course happens with the opposition scoring freely. In my last match vs Galatasary I lost 5-1, with some dude casually walzing through my defence and scoring a brace, same goal both times...another REGEN with all grey stats bar one scored against me...wtf is happening

I've played 20 games and won 7 and drawn 4. Lost my last 6 in a row.

I am now playing with a 4-2-3-1 (I previously used a 4-5-1 in my first season at Ajax before I discovered that a 4-3-2-1/4-2-3-1 is workable with the right players, it's geared around Ozil as an AP playing on the right wing, an AM in the middle (wilshere) and a winger/if on the left which is usually Bernard/Chamberlain, Deulofeo, Eduardo Salvio

In the middle is Kondogbia or Obiang as CM/D and a BBM which is Ramsey or Lucas Romero

Upfront, Mitrovic, Jese, or Muriel...have varied between DLF, False 9, AF and poacher

Mitrovic

Bernard - WIlshere - Ozil

Kondogbia - Ramsey

Telles - Doria - Erazo - Corchia

Subs
Bartra
Deulofeo
Sokratis Papawhatever
Chamberlain
Shaw
Muriel
Jese

Push higher up
hassle opponents
Play ball out of defence

+ Ozil instructions to sit narrower

....nothing works. Any help? I've tried varying 'higher tempo' - but I read that this could impact decision making, and lead to rushed passes so I've removed it

Even my corners don't work, Ozil & Bernard are both 15 for corners, I aim at the 6 yard box, I have Erazo, Doria, Kondogbia, Mitrovic who are all 6+ and have 15+ for heading and jumping

What happens every single time is that the corners either go off for a throw in, or are hopeless and cleared (this same tactic worked well with Ajax)...

Any help? Sorry for this being so long

You'll need to Login to comment