secret9
10 years ago
9 years ago
Hi!

Sorry I dont know where to place it. I play online against much better opponent and I need to beat him or at least let him worry about the results

The thing is he plays extremely offensive strategy with one of the best ligue 1 teams, and I play with average la liga team, with shitty strikers, young unexperienced wingers, many aggresive defensive midfielders (which I think is my strongpoint), one selfish playmaker and veteran defencemen.
I also can be good from set pieces.

Im not football manager maniac unlike the guy I play with, so Id like to ask more experienced players about what I shoud and definitely shouldnt do to make my opponents ass sweating

sry for my english

be glad for any advice, thanks
Tyrion Lannister
11 years ago
4 years ago
Banned
welcome to the world of bad FM14 tactics!
seriously though, what formation are you playing and with which team?
need a bit more info on your team and players.
Deleted Account #151676
Utilise your strengths and make the most of your big men and get stuck in, be direct and pump the ball into the box, perhaps on the counter attack if he's much better than you. I'd also tell your players to be disciplined and stick to their positions when playing a higher class team.

Hope this helps.
secret9
10 years ago
9 years ago
I play Levante, and wanna play 4-2-2-2 formation with two DMs and two side midfielders, the main issue is I dont have players who can handle side midfielder position, I have just wingers, as well my DMs dont have good passing abilities, so I suppose that I constrain them to make short passes.
The second option is 4-1-2-2-1 with two wingers, but I am concerned if this formation is defensive enough.
My opponent plays extremely offensively, he has just 3-4 defensively focused players, his side defenders are set to play like alba and alves in barcelona.
Thanks for any advise
Tyrion Lannister
11 years ago
4 years ago
Banned
ok, here's what I suggest. just keep it basic. don't get too bogged down with who can play here and who can play there.
a flat back 4 always keeps ok. don't give them any instructions though. the DCs need to be the best at tackling and heading.
as for the DR/DL I always think that a bit of pace helps but usually experience helps with the lower leagues..
just keep it simple defensive wise.

why the complicated formation? play to your teams strengths. if its 442 then so be it. a big/little man up front always helps.
big= heading little=pace & acceleration

wingers are a good source of goals. they need dribbling, pace, crossing, flair, acceleration, etc

as for MCs, you need to combine the flair with the bruiser. you always need a creater with decent passing, flair, etc but you also need a tackler how can win the ball and lay off the passes.
Tyrion Lannister
11 years ago
4 years ago
Banned
you have 2 quality keepers with lavante but you have a quality younster in ruben Garcia. el zhar is a quality player also.

sissoko and ivanshitz will do a job despite their age.

You'll need to Login to comment