8328 16 379
Hi all! Back again with the UEFA Revival project for FM2020. As always there are tons of options, as well as more that I have planned but haven't been able to implement yet.
This is a project dating back to Football Manager 2013. It originally started out solely as a throwback to the 1999-2003 format of the UEFA Champions League, which contained 2 group stages, and has since progressed into a fully customized structure where I've managed to find room to bring back the UEFA Intertoto Cup & the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup. There are now 50 separate UEFA files this year, in addition to the UEFA Youth League revamp and the other continent files so there is plenty of choice for everyone.
- There are various different formats for the UEFA Champions League. Whether you prefer the older, straight knockout system with fewer teams and nations involved, the 1991-93 version which consisted of a group stage for the final 8 teams, the 1997-1999 format with the top nations allocating 2 teams each, the 1999-2003 version which featured a second group stage for the final 16, or the current system with 1 group stage followed by the knockout rounds - it's all included here.
- If you're someone who prefers the UEFA Cup over the UEFA Europa League, that's in here too - again in various formats. There's the old straight knockout format from the 1990's, or the 2004-2009 format of a five-team group stage before the knockout stages. Alternatively if you'd prefer to continue on with the UEFA Europa League, there are a number of choices for this. In addition to the current format, a 2 group-phase format has been included to mirror the 1999-2003 UEFA Champions League, as well as the older streamlined qualifying stages.
- The UEFA Cup Winners' Cup returns and includes 3 different formats, accomodating 32 nations or 54. Again, it's your choice. As an alternative to the Cup Winners' Cup, the recently announced UEFA Europa Conference League has been included (and can be played from the 2019-20 season). Should the domestic cup winner and runner-up both qualify for continental competition, the place will go to the next highest-placed team in the league.
- Tired of dragging through those friendlies during pre-season? The UEFA Intertoto Cup is included in all files and while it can not only offer some valuable competitive game time for your squad, there are payouts in each round, along with the chance to qualify for either the UEFA Cup, UEFA Europa League, or the UEFA Europa Conference League, depending on which file you choose. The competition has a number of formats dating back to the 1990's, and up to 3 teams can qualify for higher competition. Intertoto Cup qualification is determined via league position.
- Should you decide you'd like to change things up, the UEFA Super Cup comes with a brand new option of playing with 4 teams in a pre-season tournament. This will consist of the winner of each UEFA competition. There is also an alternative where the UEFA Champions League runner-up will be included. The current format is also included should you prefer to keep things as they are.
- The FIFA Club World Cup is now available with a format loosely based on the planned expansion in 2021. From June of 2019, 20 teams will compete in a Group Stage, with the top 2 teams in each group progressing to the knockout stages. This competition will take place every 2 years instead of every 4. As of now it is not compatible with the CONCACAF-CONMEBOL merger.
- The CONCACAF and CONMEBOL merger into a 51-nation structure is back this year, featuring 5 competitions for teams to compete which mirror the UEFA style. This comes complete with custom graphics.
- Additionally, the AFC Champions League is back as a separate option, and uses the same 2 group stage format as the 1999-2003 UEFA Champions League. The AFC Cup also mirrors the 2004-2009 UEFA Cup format of 5 teams playing 1 round of matches in the group stage. You then have the AFC Super Cup which features the winner of each competition.
- Transfer-365 allows you to buy/sell/loan players at any time throughout the calendar year. There are no more transfer window limitations in place, which could be a real game-changer depending on who you decide to manage. As of now this includes 34 UEFA nations that are available in the default database.
- All of this comes with a detailed file guide to help you decide which file you'd like to begin your save with.
25/07/2020 - Version 1.6
- Transfer-365 (England) file fixed. Transfer activity in England should now be working again & managers should register first-team players after 1st season
- UEFA Revival file #47 has been changed. This file now features the 1999-2000 competition format (England will have 3 teams in the UCL)
- File guide updated
05/06/2020 - Version 1.5
- All files updated for compatibility with 20.4 database
- Transfer-365 now added. 34 UEFA nations are available, allowing you to sign and register players any day of the year
- New UEFA competition files added, taking the total to 50
- New file added, featuring the 1973-74 UEFA competition format
(Replays are used if needed in UEFA Champions League & Cup Winners' Cup Finals, while 2 legs are used for UEFA Cup Final and UEFA Super Cup)
- 11 alternate files added, where the UEFA Champions League winner automatically qualifies to defend their crown in the next season
(alts for files 16,23,26,27,28,29,32,33,36,39,48)
- 2 additional alternate files added, which now include the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup as an addition for files 28 and 29 (files 41 & 42)
- The alternate to file 36 (file 37) now includes an accurate 24-team Group Stage for the 1997-1999 format of the UEFA Champions League
(The 2 best runner-up teams in the Group Stage will also qualify for the Quarter Final)
- Corrected a UEFA Europa League history error in all files
- Corrected a UEFA Cup error in UEFA file 30
- Teams which have qualified from the UEFA Intertoto Cup will now show up in the seedings panel in the UEFA Europa League, UEFA Cup, or the UEFA Conference League
- File guide updated
02/03/2020 - Version 1.4
- All files updated for compatibility with the 3.0 winter patch
- All files added to Steam Workshop
- 1997-1999 UEFA format added (file 36), with the exception of there being 32 teams in the Group Stage rather than 24
- File guide updated
17/02/2020 - Version 1.3
- Error with the UEFA Cup grabbing the wrong teams from the UEFA Intertoto Cup in files 31-35 corrected
- FIFA Club World Cup added (not compatible with the CONCACAF-CONMEBOL merger as of now)
- New trophy graphic added for UEFA Europa Conference League
- File guide updated
23/01/2020 - Version 1.2
- UEFA Youth League fixture dates updated to avoid clashes with other competitions
- UEFA Youth League teams updated where necessary to avoid first team squads competing
- Alternate logos added for AFC competitions for compatibility with darker backgrounds
20/01/2020 - Version 1.1
- 10 new files added, including the 1995-96 and 2001-03 structures, as well as new formats for the CONCACAF-CONMEBOL merger, UEFA Intertoto Cup and UEFA Super Cup
- Squads can now be registered at any time throughout the season for continental competitions
- Payouts have been revamped for all UEFA competitions, with the exception of the UEFA Intertoto Cup and UEFA Youth League
- Gate Receipt Rules and other various financial rules updated for all competitions
- Ranking Levels have been updated for all competitions
- Group Stage rules have been updated for all competitions
- An issue regarding the stadium capacity being too low for continental cup finals has been updated for all competitions
- An issue regarding duplicate UEFA Super Cup history for the 2019-20 season has been updated
- Maximum squad player age limit of 21 added to the UEFA Youth League
- Various other settings updated for all competitions
- File guide updated
23/12/2019 - Version 1.0
- New graphics included for the CONCACAF-CONMEBOL competitions.
- Adjusted fixtures in all 27 UEFA files in order to avoid domestic cup clashes
23/12/2019 - 2nd Update
- Updated UEFA Cup history
If necessary, make sure to back up your original confederations logos and then drop the files from each folder into the corresponding locations:
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020 > editor data
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020 > graphics > pictures > trophies
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020 > graphics > pictures > logos > confeds > normal
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020 > graphics > pictures > logos > confeds > small
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020 > graphics > pictures > logos > competitions > normal
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020 > graphics > pictures > logos > competitions > small
Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2020 > graphics > pictures > backgrounds > competitions
- As of the 4.0 update, these files aren't compatible with real fixtures/results.
- With the exception of the AFC, CONCACAF-CONMEBOL and UEFA Youth League files, only use 1 of the UEFA Revival files when starting a new game. I've made 50 different UEFA files available for download (along with a file guide) in order to give you as many options as possible as to which format/competitions you'd like to use.
- If the UEFA Cup or CONCACAF-CONMEBOL graphics don't show up in your game, go to Preferences and make sure the "Show unique ID's to assist skinning" box is ticked, as well as "Reload skin on confirm". Then simply add a line of code in each config file for the UEFA Cup graphics, and rename the corresponding graphics to the new ID number.
- You should now be able to register squads for continental cup games at any time throughout the season
- If you are starting a new game and controlling a team that is competing in the UEFA Intertoto Cup or the FIFA Club World Cup, you're going to need to start your game before June 15th. Activating France as a playable nation will allow you to do this.
- The nation rankings are slightly customized to allocate qualification spots, so a couple of nations have been moved up/down in the rankings for personal preference. You can however change the order in your editor ahead of starting a new game if you wish. I would highly recommend not changing the nation rankings if you intend to use the UEFA Youth League, as it could cause errors.
- If your game is displaying the default names for the competitions (i.e. Champions Cup or EURO VASE etc), try downloading the 'Susie Real Names Fix' from the following link:
Alternatively, you can load the desired file up in the editor and rename the competitions in your database if need be.
I'd like to give thanks to those who have helped me out massively when it came to getting this file off the ground
Roy Race 9 AKA KingRobbo
and anyone else who was kind enough to chip in along the way. Your help is much appreciated, and I couldn't have gotten this project completed without all of you.
Additionally I'd like to give a big thank you, with all credits going to the original creators for the following items which have been provided with this download:
Background Images = Full credit to all original creators
UEFA & AFC Metallic Competition Logos = kremmen, and all other contributors from SortItOutSI
UEFA & AFC Trophies = DAZS8, and anyone else that may have contributed
CONCACAF-CONMEBOL Trophies = Full credit to all original creators
Download the metallic logos megapack by kremmen, and all other contributors from Sortitoutsi here:
Download the trophies megapack by DAZS8 here:
If you encounter any problems, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to get them sorted for future updates. Feedback is appreciated.
Thanks for reading. Enjoy!
You'll need to Login to comment