There are several streaming services that are trying to corner the US Market, and live sports are one of the areas where the competition is the fiercest. So, what if Amazon, Comcast, Paramount, Disney, Turner, and DAZN decided to make American Soccer (sorry…) their battleground, injecting the game with lots of cash and pushing for the creation of a US soccer pyramid, as well as funding the sport in Canada and across CONCACAF?
About eight years ago on the SportsLogos forum a poster named Raysox put together a thread imagining what an American Pyramid could look like, and creating kits and badges for 72 teams across Canada, the US, and Puerto Rico. He also created a mod for FM14, which I played on and off for the last eight years. With his permission I recreated a version of it in FM 21, learned a lot about the editor, and decided to make version two for FM 22. The resulting expanded CONCACAF universe (which was mostly built off of a shared database) includes a ten tier US pyramid, a two tier Canadian Pyramid, an expanded CONCACAF Club tournament, and 20 of the more minor CONCACAF countries that participate in the tournaments. The following posts will contain the where appropriate database files and other supporting stuff.
Thanks in advance to Raysox for the idea and source material and to FM Slovakia, FM Base, and this site for a lot of the logos and kits.
*UPDATE March 26th* It looks like the CTD and youth intake issues were resolved in V. 22.4. The US database files have been updated and changed accordingly - so VAR and the immersive deadline day have returned (along with a few other tweaks under the surface.) Also, the update on March 29th is to fix the Puerto Rico issue mentioned below.
*UPDATE December 7th* ALL FILES ARE NOW IN THE ZIP FOLDER ON THIS POST.
*UPDATE January 11th* It looks like the CTD and youth intake issues are bugs in the game. I submitted a bug report on the SI Forum, but for now it looks like the US Databases won't work in advanced mode. So, I switched back to basic and recreated the USA Database. It's missing a few of the fun bells and whistles (like the transfer deadline and VAR) that is available in advanced mode, but should be stable over the long term now. I also created two US Files - one is a July start (so it lines up with the European football calendar) and the other is the January start that US Soccer follows right now, along with corresponding CONCACAF files. When the bug is fixed I will re-release the advanced files.
CONCACAF Champions League - 5 International Club Championships
- CONCACAF Champions League; 30 team club tournament from the top 12 nations in CONCACAF. Group stage in December and January, Knockout Tournament from February to May.
- CONCACAF Gold Cup: 30 teams from the top 16 nations. Follows same format as the Champions League.
- CONCACAF Silver Cup: 30 team from the top 20 nations. Follows same format as the Champions League.
- Central American Championship: 16 team knockout tournament in December.
- Caribbean Championship: 20 team knockout tournament in January.
Because this is built off the same database as the Canadian and US leagues, you will want to use this with them.
US Soccer Pyramid
- Season runs February - November
- 10 Levels
- 4 Professional National Levels
- one 20 team top level, and three 24 team levels below that.
- 1 Semi-professional national level
- 1 Semi-professional regional level (2 conferences)
- 4 regional amateur levels
- 4 Professional National Levels
- 17 Cup Competitions
- 1 FA CUP (the Lamar Hunt Cup) that takes place in the first half of the season and during a mid-season break.
- 1 International Cup across the top levels of Canada, the US, and Mexico in July
- 3 League Cups (Professional, Semi-Pro, and Amateur) that take place throughout the year
- 12 Regional cups that take place in a mid-season break in May and June
- 64 of Raysox 72 created teams appear in the top 4 levels. This means several USL teams were re-christened as the Raysox originals. I later added the missing USL championship teams in the Semi-pro league, so they are present but not linked to the original database information.
- Because I'm basing this on the idea that the streaming services will pay to support the league, there is a lot of money, particularly at the top of the pyramid - several teams end up with balances over $1 billion dollars when I sim out 20 years (which means, sadly, it reflects what happens in actual US sports.)
- I also found kits and badges for everything above level 7. You can find them in the attached zip file.
Canadian Soccer Pyramid
- Season runs April - October
- 2 Levels
- Two sixteen team divisions
- 5 Cups
- 1 FA Cup that runs during the season
- 4 regional pre-season cups
- The last eight of Raysox teams are in the Canadian database. I also moved the three Canadian MLS teams to the Canadian Premier League and gave them generous payments for their exit.
- The badges, kits, and competition logos are in the attached zip file.
I also put together various and sundry CONCACAF leagues. These were done in basic mode in the editor, and mostly follow the schedule and roster restrictions of the nations in question - this is mostly so you can follow what happens in the other leagues that take part in the CONCACAF tournaments. If someone wants to go into the advanced editor and make them more accurate, please feel free.
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- French Guiana
- Puerto Rico
You'll need to Login to comment