Cut Out Player Faces Megapack

Our Cut-Out Faces Megapack is the biggest collection of Football Manager Player Faces available. All players are available in the default cut-out style. When you download our Cut-Out Faces Megapack, you'll receive over 450,000 player faces to spice up your copy of Football Manager.

• 2024.06 - Released on 17 Mar 2024
Cut Out Player Faces Megapack

BrizzleJordan
11 years ago
6 years ago
Hi, I've downloaded the awesome megapack but have noticed most of the football league clubs have old pictures and I would look to replace them with the default faces that came with the game like I did on FM 12. Sadly I have forgotten how to locate them so could someone please tell me the path to them?

Thanks.
Side Splitting Pass
14 years ago
2 years ago
Premium
By BrizzleJordan | Permalink | On 26 October 2012 - 20:28 PM
Hi, I've downloaded the awesome megapack but have noticed most of the football league clubs have old pictures and I would look to replace them with the default faces that came with the game like I did on FM 12. Sadly I have forgotten how to locate them so could someone please tell me the path to them?

Thanks.

I might be wrong but I don't think you'll be able to extract them until the full game is released next friday.
BrizzleJordan
11 years ago
6 years ago
By Side Splitting Pass | Permalink | On 26 October 2012 - 20:52 PM
I might be wrong but I don't think you'll be able to extract them until the full game is released next friday.

How come? Is that when the folder is available?
Side Splitting Pass
14 years ago
2 years ago
Premium
By BrizzleJordan | Permalink | On 26 October 2012 - 20:55 PM
How come? Is that when the folder is available?

As I said I'm not certain but I think it's one of the things not included in the beta version of the game.
BrizzleJordan
11 years ago
6 years ago
By Side Splitting Pass | Permalink | On 26 October 2012 - 21:25 PM
As I said I'm not certain but I think it's one of the things not included in the beta version of the game.
Okay, i'll check again next friday then. Cheers.
mons
17 years ago
35 minutes ago
I've already posted this in the SIgames forum, but it's also worth having in here.

As with every year, we will be reviewing the current SI images as opposed the current MP images in due course and replacing them when necessary. Do keep in mind, however, that it is our policy that merely having the new kit does not necessarily mean that the image is an improvement. Although they have improved through the years, SI's images generally contain a lot of what we call snow, i.e. white pixels around the head. While these are not visible on the default skin, once a dark skin is released, they are very conspicuous and rather untidy. So unless the current image is poor or very old, we will not automatically add the new images. That said, everybody prefers having more recent images and we'll try to include a good chunk of them

As the FM13 resource archiver isn't out yet, I don't think you can extract the SI images, convert the file name from text to UID and replace the current MP images for the time being. You might want to try the FM12 archiver in the hope that it still works, which, according to somebody on the official forums, it still does.

Rowan made this video on how to use the Resource Archiver. The version he's using is for the FM09 (or FM10, I forget) but the functions are broadly similar. Extract the images you want to replace.

In previous games, SI would name their images as the player's name, and not the UID as is our practice. You will then need to use fmXML to convert the filenames to UIDs. You would then replace the images in the MP folder with these new images.
jumberto
16 years ago
2 days ago
I've extracted the entire graphics folder for FM13 beta with the Fm12 archive extractor.
BrizzleJordan
11 years ago
6 years ago
By jumberto | Permalink | On 27 October 2012 - 11:24 AM
I've extracted the entire graphics folder for FM13 beta with the Fm12 archive extractor.

So I can have all the default faces from fm13 from the fm12 archive extractor?
jumberto
16 years ago
2 days ago
Yeah open the FM12 archive extractor and find 'graphics.fmf' ('Program Files/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Fm13/data' )

Extract that to the desktop, it will give you a folder called 'graphics' with everything default from the game inside.

For a temporary fix until the MP is updated you could move the faces folder from the default graphics folder (the path is 'graphics/pictures/players/normal' so just move the folder called 'normal' ) to your main faces folder.(Sports Interactive/FM13/graphics).

I think the game reads the folders in reverse alphabetical order so if you rename it z_faces or something then it should pick the default faces up before the megapack faces.

Let me know how you get on.
BrizzleJordan
11 years ago
6 years ago
By jumberto | Permalink | On 27 October 2012 - 11:54 AM
Yeah open the FM12 archive extractor and find 'graphics.fmf' ('Program Files/Steam/Steam Apps/Common/Fm13/data' )

Extract that to the desktop, it will give you a folder called 'graphics' with everything default from the game inside.

For a temporary fix until the MP is updated you could move the faces folder from the default graphics folder (the path is 'graphics/pictures/players/normal' so just move the folder called 'normal' ) to your main faces folder.(Sports Interactive/FM13/graphics).

I think the game reads the folders in reverse alphabetical order so if you rename it z_faces or something then it should pick the default faces up before the megapack faces.

Just remembered I can't do it as FM12 isn't installed on this laptop. I'll have to wait for the game to be officially released, will the graphics folder be available then to do it? Or the Resource Archiver
jumberto
16 years ago
2 days ago
If you're Fm12 was legit then can't you just get the archiver from the tools section on Steam? That's what I did as I'm on a new laptop too. Not sure if you have to install FM12 as well though.
BrizzleJordan
11 years ago
6 years ago
By jumberto | Permalink | On 27 October 2012 - 12:19 PM
If you're Fm12 was legit then can't you just get the archiver from the tools section on Steam? That's what I did as I'm on a new laptop too. Not sure if you have to install FM12 as well though.

I expect you have to download fm 12 :/
Side Splitting Pass
14 years ago
2 years ago
Premium
By jumberto | Permalink | On 27 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for that jumberto. I never realised the FM2012 archive extractor would work on the FM2013 beta.

I don't think Mons has time to ID & check all these this year so (unless anyone else is interested ) I'll ID & check all the cut-outs. No doubt some of the missing or better cut-outs will need 'cleaning' so hopefully some of you guys can help Mons out with that.
mons
17 years ago
35 minutes ago
By Side Splitting Pass | Permalink | On 27 October 2012 - 14:36 PM
Thanks for that jumberto. I never realised the FM2012 archive extractor would work on the FM2013 beta.

I don't think Mons has time to ID & check all these this year so (unless anyone else is interested ) I'll ID & check all the cut-outs. No doubt some of the missing or better cut-outs will need 'cleaning' so hopefully some of you guys can help Mons out with that.

As you say, I don't think I'll have time this year to extract the FM13 default images, convert the filenames to UIDs and compare all of them to the current MP images. If anybody wants to assist SSP in this endeavour, then I suggest you PM him as I prefer it's discussed 'behind the scenes'.

Generally, a handful of images are not in our MP and I would suggest these are forwarded to me for inclusion into 5.01. I'd also suggest that any Championship clubs are dealt with first and foremost. I'd be able to help with the cleaning effort, fwiw.

What are the default SI images like this year? Loads of snow or improvements on the previous cutting attempts in other FMs?
Mullen18
14 years ago
7 years ago
On the ones i've check they are pretty good cuts, no snow and no bits missing out of faces like a few years ago

But they aren't positioned very well, most being about 20 pixles away from the top of the box
Side Splitting Pass
14 years ago
2 years ago
Premium
Agree with Mullen. Cut-outs I've checked so far aren't too bad. A few have minor bits of snow etc. However as Mullen said positioning is a problem with some of the cut-outs (I'm guessing they had several people cutting as this varies from team to team). Some cut-outs have too much 'shoulder' too. However in general they are not too bad & there are some genuine improvements (& quite a lot of missing cut-outs) for some of the 'smaller' teams.

FYI information Mons I've started wih the English teams as no doubt most people will be 'impatient' for some of these teams new cut-outs. Mullen is kindly doing Scotland. I'll definitely do Holland too as I've a lot of outstanding Dutch requests & can check those as I'm doing them (& hopefully remove a lot of the outstanding Dutch requests too).

That just leaves Denmark (282 cut-outs), Spain (157 cut-outs) & USA (286 cut-outs) to check. If anyone fancies doing any of them send me a pm & I'll send you the pack.
NiceLad
17 years ago
1 day ago
I've checked the USA, only a few need dealing with as I've already cut the rest, I'll sort them out and put them in a random pack
Side Splitting Pass
14 years ago
2 years ago
Premium
I had feeling you'd do that NiceLad.
garyh
16 years ago
4 years ago
What are the default SI images like this year? Loads of snow or improvements on the previous cutting attempts in other FMs?

I seem to have checked all poor one so far not come across one yet that dose not have a white halo around it
Side Splitting Pass
14 years ago
2 years ago
Premium
By Side Splitting Pass | Permalink | On 28 October 2012 - 12:17 PM
Agree with Mullen. Cut-outs I've checked so far aren't too bad. A few have minor bits of snow etc. However as Mullen said positioning is a problem with some of the cut-outs (I'm guessing they had several people cutting as this varies from team to team). Some cut-outs have too much 'shoulder' too. However in general they are not too bad & there are some genuine improvements (& quite a lot of missing cut-outs) for some of the 'smaller' teams.

FYI information Mons I've started wih the English teams as no doubt most people will be 'impatient' for some of these teams new cut-outs. Mullen is kindly doing Scotland. I'll definitely do Holland too as I've a lot of outstanding Dutch requests & can check those as I'm doing them (& hopefully remove a lot of the outstanding Dutch requests too).

That just leaves Denmark (282 cut-outs), Spain (157 cut-outs) & USA (286 cut-outs) to check. If anyone fancies doing any of them send me a pm & I'll send you the pack.

Further to this post Mullen has sent me the cut-outs from the demo & there are considerable differences between the cut-outs in the demo & the beta (both have Leagues/teams that the other one doesn't). I'm combining the two folders. However As well as Denmark (which has 280 cut-outs) & Spain (which now has 435 cut-outs) there are also Korean cut-outs (543 cut-outs). So if anyone fancies checking any of these let me know & I'll send them to you.
garyh
16 years ago
4 years ago
Out of interest is there a leeds pack this year?
Side Splitting Pass
14 years ago
2 years ago
Premium
By garyh | Permalink | On 28 October 2012 - 21:28 PM
Out of interest is there a leeds pack this year?

No I actually think they might be the only (non Premiere League) League team that SI haven't cut (I can't be certain as SI have cut a few non league teams too but they were the team that stood out as missing). If they had cut them I'd have sent them to you to check gary.
garyh
16 years ago
4 years ago
By Side Splitting Pass | Permalink | On 28 October 2012 - 22:09 PM
No I actually think they might be the only (non Premiere League) League team that SI haven't cut (I can't be certain as SI have cut a few non league teams too but they were the team that stood out as missing). If they had cut them I'd have sent them to you to check gary.

Cheers mate, my search since 08 continues
Side Splitting Pass
14 years ago
2 years ago
Premium
Edit: I'll get this right eventually...maybe.

Actually there are (at least) 12 league teams without cut-outs. Barnet, Blackburn, Blackpool, Cheltenham, Chesterfield, Leeds, Leicester, Port Vale, (perhaps not surprisingly) Portsmouth, both Sheffield clubs & Torquay. SI have also included cut-outs for (at least) 28 non-league teams too. Whoever cut Maidenhead seems to have something against the team as some of the players have been scalped!

SI did add cut-outs for a couple more teams in the full game last year so maybe they will cut (at least) a couple of the missing 12 teams.
Matty Watkin
11 years ago
3 years ago
I used the FM13 resource archiver to extract the default graphics and for some of the clubs the faces are missing. It only contains the config file. Is there a way that I can retrieve these faces?
Side Splitting Pass
14 years ago
2 years ago
Premium
What teams only have the config folder? As per my comment above yours SI didn't include cut-outs for all the English teams.
mickbhoy
16 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
By Side Splitting Pass | Permalink | On 28 January 2013 - 00:42 AM
What teams only have the config folder? As per my comment above yours SI didn't include cut-outs for all the English teams.

I noticed this too, likes of Notts Forest, though they have images in the game which can't seem to be extracted, Bradford, Macclesfield, Port Vale, Milan, New York, Espanyol, quite a few Spanish teams and MLS. Also Dunfermline. I noticed that my images for some players were not appearing when I added team packs to the game, Miku (uid 1502910) on loan at Celtic for example, a few players in my Scottish leagues. worked out that this was due to these config files, which are for FM12 not FM13.
By simply removing these images from the game file, all the missing players appeared. Hope this is of some help.
Matty Watkin
11 years ago
3 years ago
By Side Splitting Pass | Permalink | On 28 January 2013 - 00:42 AM

It was for teams like Leeds, Notts Forest, Burnley and several other clubs in the Football League.
Side Splitting Pass
14 years ago
2 years ago
Premium
No cut-outs for Leeds were included in FM2013. I'm not certain but I think the cut-outs for Burnley & Nottingham Forest were only included (or at least only extractable) in the 'pre-order/demo' version of the game. From memory there were in total about a dozen or so teams extractable from the 'pre-order' version that weren't in the full game.
mickbhoy
16 years ago
1 week ago
Premium
By Side Splitting Pass | Permalink | On 15 February 2013 - 19:21 PM
No cut-outs for Leeds were included in FM2013. I'm not certain but I think the cut-outs for Burnley & Nottingham Forest were only included (or at least only extractable) in the 'pre-order/demo' version of the game. From memory there were in total about a dozen or so teams extractable from the 'pre-order' version that weren't in the full game.

Are these images available to be cleaned then? Just that I have a Forest game going and the Si images are driving me bonkers! Though not as much as lack of Hamilton Accies pics from "our usual source" but that's another issue altogether! lol

This post has been locked, preventing new comments.