andyboy57
15 years ago
1 year ago
Premium
I need help with my youth players coming through the ranks. To put it simply, they are pants!

All my scouts have scouting ability/potential of 18+.
My training facilities are state of the art
Top youth facilities
Youth level 1
Good junior coaching
Extensive youth recruitment.

My coaches are all pretty good, yet none of my youth players have more than 2 stars for potential. I'm in my 5th season and would expect a few players to start filtering through who would be able to make a breakthrough into my senior squad. Majority arent even good enough to get offered pro contracts.

Where am I going wrong?????
Franck
18 years ago
3 hours ago
First off, the star ratings "lie", they are based on things like the reputation of your club and the other players in your squad and don't necessarily show whether a player could develop into an option for your first team or not, especially if you are managing a very big club. The written assessment from your assistant in the player report is much more accurate, it'll rate potential using words like "world class", "star", "leading player" and "good player". "World class" is a guarantee that the player has a PA north of 180, the other ratings are relative to what league you are playing in.
andyboy57
15 years ago
1 year ago
Premium
First off, the star ratings "lie", they are based on things like the reputation of your club and the other players in your squad and don't necessarily show whether a player could develop into an option for your first team or not, especially if you are managing a very big club. The written assessment from your assistant in the player report is much more accurate, it'll rate potential using words like "world class", "star", "leading player" and "good player". "World class" is a guarantee that the player has a PA north of 180, the other ratings are relative to what league you are playing in.

Just went through my youth players. Still pants lol
Franck
18 years ago
3 hours ago
What club are you managing?
andyboy57
15 years ago
1 year ago
Premium
What club are you managing?

Newcastle. I'm halfway through my 4th season.
Sheriff Skacel
10 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
This is due to a shortage of coal for little Geordie boys to be kicking around in the streets.

What is pants in your view too? A two star PA player can be tidy for an EPL club. Just ask yourself, how many youngsters have come through the Newcastle academy in the 21st century? Its a waiting game in FM just as it is in real life.

You'll need to Login to comment