NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
Hi there is a few team names i forgot to edit, but I'm deep into a new game now, they are really bugging me but i don't want to start a new game, is there anyway, some sort of tool or hex editor or anything that can change the teams names?
mons
17 years ago
7 hours ago
Yes. Open a notepad file and follow the same coding structure as in this post, obviously changing the names as required.

When you are done, make sure that (a) you add .lnc to whatever you choose to name your file and (b) you choose all files in the save as type field. Like the attached screenshot basically.

Save the file in Program Files \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ football manager 2016 \ data \ db \ 1601 or its equivalent on your system.

Should now work in your save game. If you don't manage to sort it out, just attach your created file in here and I'll have a quick look at it.
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
Legend Thank You.
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
I wanted to change some teams in the MLS like New York to New York Red Bulls, bit confused how to do it, could you help?
mons
17 years ago
7 hours ago
Just substitute the code in the post I linked to.

Something like this

"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" xx "New York Red Bulls" ""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" xx "New York RB" ""
Find the club's UID and replace the XX with it. And so on and so forth.

That's it, really.
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
Hmm strange nothing i edit in the existing .lnc file is changing in the game, i followed the guide correctly

For example i changed (because i prefer the longer name)

#"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 868 "PSG" ""

"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 868 "Paris Saint-Germain" ""

saved it, did in both 1600 and 1601 lnc files, and i restarted game and reloaded game, and it didnt make a difference
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
I inserted

"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 72000160 "New York Red Bulls" ""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 72000160 "New York Red Bulls" ""

under

# United States
#"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 20017139 "Regals SCA" ""
#"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 20017139 "Regals SCA" ""
#"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 20030381 "Kitchener-Waterloo United FC" ""
"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 72000160 "New York Red Bulls" ""
"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 72000160 "New York Red Bulls" ""

in City, Club and Stadium Names.lnc (in 1601)

But no change :/
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
Ok I did it your original way, this is what I have done (which don't work in game)
mons
17 years ago
7 hours ago
For entries already in the club name changes.lnc file, these cannot be edited as they have already been edited with the pre-game editor in the respective dbc file, and this cannot be overwritten.

As for your NYRB and LA Galaxy changes, I see no reason why they aren't changing. You have turned the game on and off, I hope? Also, try putting it in the 1600>lnc folder as well, not just the 1601>lnc folder.
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
Yes mate, and since i have changed them, the clubs nicknames have disappeared, but the teams names have not changed.
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
Is there anyway to get the nicknames back? because i have saved my game since
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
after restarting my game again the names changed but the nicknames are gone for good :/
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
Ah well i give up, stupid thing, cheers for your help.
mons
17 years ago
7 hours ago
I've no idea what you're doing at this point tbh, sorry...
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
Its simple it didn't work first time, then it did, and changing the names causes a bug that makes the clubs nicknames disappear, but i have given up, done it in the editor and started a new game.
mons
17 years ago
7 hours ago

You'll need to Login to comment