AWMG
6 years ago
6 years ago
Hey guys,

Football Manager 17 is my first Football Manager and I would like to ask if I could get any advice about the game regarding tactics, regens, staff, training, etc.

I tried finding online guides but it's either a very long and lengthy read which I in the end, couldn't process or the guide is too short and doesn't help a lot.

And has anyone done a journeyman save that could advice me how to create a save file? I'm very unfamiliar with how to tweak the settings.

Thanks in advance
mons
17 years ago
1 hour ago
Hey guys,

Football Manager 17 is my first Football Manager and I would like to ask if I could get any advice about the game regarding tactics, regens, staff, training, etc.

I tried finding online guides but it's either a very long and lengthy read which I in the end, couldn't process or the guide is too short and doesn't help a lot.

And has anyone done a journeyman save that could advice me how to create a save file? I'm very unfamiliar with how to tweak the settings.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

For me, the best way to learn is to actually play the game and then refer to some online guides if/when you’re stuck

I suggest starting the game with a big team in a small league (for example, a Celtic) where you will be superior enough to the other teams that the learning curve will not be as steep, and you will this be more likely to succeed and have fun while at the same time not being too harshly punished for your mistakes. This will teach you the basics and give you the tools to start a journeyman save you will be able to enjoy

As for starting a save file, I always suggest loading (a) the most prominent nations’ top leagues (i.e. English, Spanish, German, Italian, French top 2 tiers) as well as leagues geographically close to the one you’re starting out at (e.g. if you’re starting at Celtic, I would suggest loading all leagues from the UK and Ireland) and (b) using a larger database size, as outlined here. This will give you a good choice of players to pick, while also simulating the game world realistically. I load a lot more leagues, but this comes at the expense of how quick the game processes FM.

Hope this helps
AWMG
6 years ago
6 years ago
Hi there,

For me, the best way to learn is to actually play the game and then refer to some online guides if/when you’re stuck

I suggest starting the game with a big team in a small league (for example, a Celtic) where you will be superior enough to the other teams that the learning curve will not be as steep, and you will this be more likely to succeed and have fun while at the same time not being too harshly punished for your mistakes. This will teach you the basics and give you the tools to start a journeyman save you will be able to enjoy

As for starting a save file, I always suggest loading (a) the most prominent nations’ top leagues (i.e. English, Spanish, German, Italian, French top 2 tiers) as well as leagues geographically close to the one you’re starting out at (e.g. if you’re starting at Celtic, I would suggest loading all leagues from the UK and Ireland) and (b) using a larger database size, as outlined here. This will give you a good choice of players to pick, while also simulating the game world realistically. I load a lot more leagues, but this comes at the expense of how quick the game processes FM.

Hope this helps

Even stuff like finding the right player for the position and everything would be good to learn by playing the game?

Thanks for the reply! Really appreciate it
mons
17 years ago
1 hour ago
Even stuff like finding the right player for the position and everything would be good to learn by playing the game?

Thanks for the reply! Really appreciate it

I assume you have a knowledge of real-life football in order to be thinking of playing FM, which will help you in the game as it's mostly really common sense. Also, the game highlights the most important attributes for players depending on their positions, which will give you a visual aid when assessing players. Your backroom staff are also able to offer you a plethora of suggestions and recommendations re players, tactics and pretty much everything.
AWMG
6 years ago
6 years ago
I assume you have a knowledge of real-life football in order to be thinking of playing FM, which will help you in the game as it's mostly really common sense. Also, the game highlights the most important attributes for players depending on their positions, which will give you a visual aid when assessing players. Your backroom staff are also able to offer you a plethora of suggestions and recommendations re players, tactics and pretty much everything.

I see, thanks for the reply. Will try it out now and see how it goes.

You'll need to Login to comment