MisterStubbs_
11 years ago
7 months ago
Up until the updated beta was released yesterday, I am having real difficulty in downloading the game. It first get getting about half way of the downloading the update before saying "connection timed out" so I left it all day and now I'm trying again but it's wanting to reinstall the game again and so far it's taken 4 hours to get to 9%. I don't have anything wrong with my internet connection either as I've checked it all out.

Anyone else having a similar problem?
Footygamer
17 years ago
2 hours ago
This would be an issue with steam and may be worth contacting them directly? Often during these issues restarting steam fixes it, there may be a steam update necessary.
MisterStubbs_
11 years ago
7 months ago
I've tried pretty much everything from restarting steam to uninstalling it and downloading again.
VP.
13 years ago
1 month ago
I've tried pretty much everything from restarting steam to uninstalling it and downloading again.

Have you tried verifying the games files, though if you've already re-installed this may not make a difference.

From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
MisterStubbs_
11 years ago
7 months ago
I have yes but it keeps just downloading incredibly slowly then randomly stops downloading citing connection has timed out.
mons
17 years ago
7 hours ago
@MisterStubbs_ I found this on Google when researching the issue.

This part looks to be quite helpful in your instance

Guys I've Found The Cure!!!

Under Steam Settings Go Under Downloads Tab And Change Your Download Region To Another Country Hope This Helps I Did For Me And Please Repost

*UPDATE* Remember To Change It Back When Games Are Finished Installed!
MisterStubbs_
11 years ago
7 months ago
Thanks, I'll give that a try!
Footygamer
17 years ago
2 hours ago
I've been informed that there is a known bug and it's expected to be fixed by 5pm I hope this will resolve it for you @MisterStubbs_
MisterStubbs_
11 years ago
7 months ago
Hello @Rob, nope sadly still incredibly slow and seems to just working at random times,
Footygamer
17 years ago
2 hours ago
Your best bet is to contact Steam directly, it's nothing to do with our systems, once you've bought the code that's all we're part of, downloading comes directly from steams systems.

You'll need to Login to comment