zachalxnder
6 years ago
1 week ago
So, I received a new PC for Christmas, a significant upgrade from my old MacBook. I had absolutely no problem installing face packs, logos, etcetera on my Mac, yet nothing is working on my new PC. And I'm 99% that I am doing it correctly, seeing as I've done it before and had no problem. In fact, I would say that I've done it in a more organized fashion this time out. Yet, nothing works. I've cleared the cache, I've tried multiple combinations before reloading the skin, I've restarted the game, and I've deleted and replaced certain config files, but nothing is working. This is very annoying, because the game runs so well for me now, yet I can't get this issue fixed, whereas it was so easy on my Mac, and the game ran like shit.

I went back and looked at my Mac files. Nothing different. Had no configs though, so I deleted all of those deemed excessive. Still not working. This is driving me nuts.

And for one final note, I was able to update the data file with no problems at all. I did that first thing. I installed a very unsatisfying logo pack via Steam, with no issues, just now. I’m trying to do faces, but I’m with my parents for the holidays and their Internet is terrible, so the connection keeps dropping, ruining the download.

Apologies to keep harping, but this has got me so confused. I’ve done stuff like this forever and have never been this stumped. Uninstalling the game doesn’t seem necessary, because I can’t think of what that would do to help.

Should I do an Ethernet transfer with my Mac to retrieve the files?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
mons
17 years ago
9 hours ago
So, I received a new PC for Christmas, a significant upgrade from my old MacBook. I had absolutely no problem installing face packs, logos, etcetera on my Mac, yet nothing is working on my new PC. And I'm 99% that I am doing it correctly, seeing as I've done it before and had no problem. In fact, I would say that I've done it in a more organized fashion this time out. Yet, nothing works. I've cleared the cache, I've tried multiple combinations before reloading the skin, I've restarted the game, and I've deleted and replaced certain config files, but nothing is working. This is very annoying, because the game runs so well for me now, yet I can't get this issue fixed, whereas it was so easy on my Mac, and the game ran like shit.

I went back and looked at my Mac files. Nothing different. Had no configs though, so I deleted all of those deemed excessive. Still not working. This is driving me nuts.

And for one final note, I was able to update the data file with no problems at all. I did that first thing. I installed a very unsatisfying logo pack via Steam, with no issues, just now. I’m trying to do faces, but I’m with my parents for the holidays and their Internet is terrible, so the connection keeps dropping, ruining the download.

Apologies to keep harping, but this has got me so confused. I’ve done stuff like this forever and have never been this stumped. Uninstalling the game doesn’t seem necessary, because I can’t think of what that would do to help.

Should I do an Ethernet transfer with my Mac to retrieve the files?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Without actually seeing the files you've downloaded and the folder structures, any help I can give is limited. Can I have screenshots of the location you've placed your files in, and also the actual folders the respective graphics are installed in?

However, I have no idea why you don't have any configs or you've deleted them. The config files are the one which map pictures into the game. Without them, you might as well have no logos/faces.
Footygamer
17 years ago
20 hours ago
Yes if you have no config.xml files that is almost certainly the issue.

If that's all you've downloaded I could try and grab just those for you (or like you said, you could transfer from your other mac, I think even the air drop would work and the config files aren't too big)
zachalxnder
6 years ago
1 week ago
Hey guys. Thanks so much for the help. Turns out, the rar opener that I was using was somehow faulty, or that’s what it seems, as I just downloaded everything again, unpacked them with a different opener, and it’s all working as it should be. Just got the logos left. Even managed to improved the Internet speed here!

Thanks for the help!
Footygamer
17 years ago
20 hours ago
Awesome, i'm not sure what you were using but 7zip has never caused an issue for me

You'll need to Login to comment