azairvine
11 years ago
4 years ago
I wanted to start a career with Liverpool's latest squads, but when I did Alisson's stats seemed rather low! I've tried starting with and without custom start dates, and then I started a career with just the vanilla 17.3.0 database and his stats seem to be the same across all of them.

How do I go about starting a career with current squads and updated CA/CP in FM17 please?
Cymro
17 years ago
3 days ago
I wanted to start a career with Liverpool's latest squads, but when I did Alisson's stats seemed rather low! I've tried starting with and without custom start dates, and then I started a career with just the vanilla 17.3.0 database and his stats seem to be the same across all of them.

How do I go about starting a career with current squads and updated CA/CP in FM17 please?

You will have to manually edit the CA/CP in the editor.
azairvine
11 years ago
4 years ago
Thanks for your reply. For some reason I thought the 4power of the crowd sourced live transfer update was in having the most realistic squads as possible. Just as a matter of interest, is it the huge logistical aspect that updating CA/CP would bring the reason why it's not included in the editor data?

While I've got you.....are you able to explain why you can't set a start date in a future season just so I can understand? Is there a way to set a start date manually by editing any of the files? I'm really wanting to start the FM17 career at the start of 18/19 season.
Cymro
17 years ago
3 days ago
Thanks for your reply. For some reason I thought the 4power of the crowd sourced live transfer update was in having the most realistic squads as possible. Just as a matter of interest, is it the huge logistical aspect that updating CA/CP would bring the reason why it's not included in the editor data?

While I've got you.....are you able to explain why you can't set a start date in a future season just so I can understand? Is there a way to set a start date manually by editing any of the files? I'm really wanting to start the FM17 career at the start of 18/19 season.

People have different opinion on the ability of players, hence why we don't do it. Lots of people in the community don't like an update if people play around with the CA / PA's of players.

From an SI point of view, it is down to licensing with starting in the future, plus they want you to buy the next version of the game. We do have a custom start date here:

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-start-date

But I am pretty sure this only works for FM18.
azairvine
11 years ago
4 years ago
This site exists in spite of SI though doesn't it? Because they can't get their s&%^ together and deliver a complete product!

I can understand the perspective of those who wouldn't want the CA/PA's to be amended, but I really think there's a market for it (possibly to run a separate DB that just updated CA/PA and ppl can decide to use the current one by itself, or the two combined).

I see it working like wikipedia, peer managed. While people won't agree on CA/PA values, there would at least be an average across the board that could be deemed acceptable - and ppl always have the choice to make their own local changes.

As for the custom start date, this one is the one I can use:

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-start-date/2017

It states though "Dates after May 31st will not work. This app is designed to let you start at a random point within the real season, not start in the following season." I was wondering if that was by design, or there's a glitch in the coding that makes it impossible to set a start date through to the next season. It would be HUGE for a number of ppl if it was somehow possible.
Cymro
17 years ago
3 days ago
This site exists in spite of SI though doesn't it? Because they can't get their s&%^ together and deliver a complete product!

I can understand the perspective of those who wouldn't want the CA/PA's to be amended, but I really think there's a market for it (possibly to run a separate DB that just updated CA/PA and ppl can decide to use the current one by itself, or the two combined).

I see it working like wikipedia, peer managed. While people won't agree on CA/PA values, there would at least be an average across the board that could be deemed acceptable - and ppl always have the choice to make their own local changes.

As for the custom start date, this one is the one I can use:

https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-start-date/2017

It states though "Dates after May 31st will not work. This app is designed to let you start at a random point within the real season, not start in the following season." I was wondering if that was by design, or there's a glitch in the coding that makes it impossible to set a start date through to the next season. It would be HUGE for a number of ppl if it was somehow possible.

Glitch in the coding.
kingrobbo
14 years ago
31 minutes ago
there are other updates out there with CA/PA changes (eg PRO) which you could run alongside this update which is the best my miles

but as @cymro states ''People have different opinion on the ability of players'' and you will never keep everyone happy

SI are no experts either it is pretty good but some things have/are biased eg Lukaku was the best finisher in the game on initial release(its taken lots of badgering for him to be downgraded) Pogba's long range shooting was 18 and last year Rooney was as fast as Bale and faster than CR7

best option get an IGE and you can amend players up/down to suite your needs
azairvine
11 years ago
4 years ago
there are other updates out there with CA/PA changes (eg PRO) which you could run alongside this update which is the best my miles

I had a google search for pr0 and discovered that he's only doing FM18 database updates. The only one I've found editing the database for FM17 is this one:

https://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/42376/fm17-201819-transfer-update-by-rd

Wish it wouldn't be so difficult to start a career with Liverpool in FM17 with the current squad!
kingrobbo
14 years ago
31 minutes ago
if you just want just liverpool squad do it yourself will take a couple of minutes

cheers

You'll need to Login to comment