Feed
Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 6 minutes ago
JCarnon commented on: Nations - Europe SS'2019/20 New! (17/04/20)
29 minutes ago
JasonLFC10 commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
1 hour ago
geordie1981 commented on: FMT Stadium Superpack v FM20.1
1 hour ago
cebul commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
1 hour ago
A11_Smithy commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
1 hour ago
A new version of our data update was released with 53718 changes from 208 contributors.
1 hour ago
burak kar commented on: Do scout's attributes really matter?
2 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 53681 changes from 208 contributors.
2 hours ago
nielsen macario da silva commented on: Andorra - Primera Divisio SS'2014/15 New! (02/11/14)
3 hours ago
vonreichsm commented on: Swiss Challenge League 19/20
4 hours ago
cebul commented on: Image finder thread - assistance in finding a source image
6 hours ago
Juancr7 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
6 hours ago
Juancr7 added a download: mejoras ascenso mx Mixpack
6 hours ago
kingrobbo commented on: Newgen Replacement Tool
8 hours ago
PatrickStoltenberg commented on: FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.2 Out Now!!!
8 hours ago
Samuel Roy commented on: Newgen Replacement Tool
8 hours ago
Baja commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
9 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 53680 changes from 208 contributors.
9 hours ago
hammer9 commented on: SS Template Thread
9 hours ago
Mateee commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
9 hours ago
maxiclarkee04 commented on: FMT Stadium Superpack v FM20.1
9 hours ago
maxiclarkee04 commented on: FMT Stadium Superpack v FM20.1
9 hours ago
Qvordrup commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.3 for FM20.4.1 [released on 28/04/2020]
10 hours ago
Mateee commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
10 hours ago
Qvordrup commented on: Metallic logo Megapack Technical Support thread
10 hours ago
A new version of our data update was released with 53672 changes from 207 contributors.
10 hours ago
CountVladimir commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
10 hours ago
CountVladimir added a download: Famalic√£o Teampack
11 hours ago
HockeyBhoy commented on: Now I would walk 500 miles...
11 hours ago
priority76 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
Discussion
I want to manage Iran national team, which FM18 allows me to, however, once I used the latest data update from sortitoutsi many national teams disappear from the dropdown menu of playable teams at new career. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. I'd appreciate it very much.
I want to manage Iran national team, which FM18 allows me to, however, once I used the latest data update from sortitoutsi many national teams disappear from the dropdown menu of playable teams at new career. I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this. I'd appreciate it very much.

The data update doesn't affect the amount of players which are loaded in a save game. The only things which affect that are the amount of leagues loaded and their detail level, as well as the custom database size and any additional players which you load.
The data update doesn't affect the amount of players which are loaded in a save game. The only things which affect that are the amount of leagues loaded and their detail level, as well as the custom database size and any additional players which you load.

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure I understood though. How is it that the default database allows me to play Iran, and the update doesn't? is it because the update has fewer leagues?
Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure I understood though. How is it that the default database allows me to play Iran, and the update doesn't? is it because the update has fewer leagues?

Before downloading the file, you will have had a setup with various leagues loaded and possibly a custom database setup. Once you added the update, all this went back to default. If you didn't add the other stuff back, then you won't get the benefit (in terms of extra players loaded) that you would have had by loading other leagues and/or a custom league database.

Effectively, loading the update file does not affect the amount of players loaded directly...

you select the leagues and the game detail(amount of players) at game start

the update has nothing to do with it mate it is just edited data to the DB

so on game start

select the nations you want as playable
I select all bar MLS for obvious reason
https://i.gyazo.com/caa4ec36f66be4d618fffc921f0264cc.png

then select custom set up detail
I use a detailed set up advanced with 190k players dont do this unless you have a high end system

if you want Iran
https://i.gyazo.com/714da210565b52cf25ace7616c83efcf.png
https://i.gyazo.com/996bb0f9ade7ac419d7bcbcd9bc4732d.jpg
Login to post a comment

Login Register