ACT
14 years ago
5 months ago
Hi,

I'm having real difficulty getting the kits and logos to work on MacOS Catalina.

I've followed all instructions properly, their in the right folders ('kits' and 'logos' created within a newly created 'graphics' folder) and I've unticked the cache box, reset the cache and changed skin back and forth to force the reload, but still nothing works.

From looking around this seems to be a common problem for Mac users. Has anyone worked out what's going wrong with this and how to fix it?

Cheers!
mons
17 years ago
1 hour ago
Hi,

I'm having real difficulty getting the kits and logos to work on MacOS Catalina.

I've followed all instructions properly, their in the right folders ('kits' and 'logos' created within a newly created 'graphics' folder) and I've unticked the cache box, reset the cache and changed skin back and forth to force the reload, but still nothing works.

From looking around this seems to be a common problem for Mac users. Has anyone worked out what's going wrong with this and how to fix it?

Cheers!

In FM20, there's been a substantial change to how Mac FM documents are stored. Previously the files would automatically go in the Documents folder here:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Documents/Sports Interactive
Now the files will instead appear in the following location:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive
By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

Open Finder
Click ‘Go’ from the menubar
Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key
This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’
ACT
14 years ago
5 months ago
Hi, I've put the files in the 'Application Support' folder thread already, still no joy!
ACT
14 years ago
5 months ago
In FM20, there's been a substantial change to how Mac FM documents are stored. Previously the files would automatically go in the Documents folder here:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Documents/Sports Interactive
Now the files will instead appear in the following location:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive
By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

Open Finder
Click ‘Go’ from the menubar
Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key
This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’

Hi, I've put the files in the 'Application Support' folder thread already, still no joy!
mons
17 years ago
1 hour ago

Can I have screenshots of where you've put the files you've downloaded and what these are?
ACT
14 years ago
5 months ago
Can I have screenshots of where you've put the files you've downloaded and what these are?

Hopefully this shows enough, the bits you can't see are the 'Application Support' folder, which all of this is in.

Cheers
mons
17 years ago
1 hour ago
Hopefully this shows enough, the bits you can't see are the 'Application Support' folder, which all of this is in.

Cheers

It looks fine. I'm finding it hard to understand how you've got all the previous game's stuff in the Application Support folder, when they would not have been installed there in previous versions up till now. Leads me to think you are possibly still in the Documents folder.

Have you tried changing the skin around in-game? There has been instances where this works apparently.
ACT
14 years ago
5 months ago
Cancel! It's somehow working now. Just loaded it up for the first time today having got that screenshot for you and all is as it should be. Thanks for your help regardless
mons
17 years ago
1 hour ago
Cancel! It's somehow working now. Just loaded it up for the first time today having got that screenshot for you and all is as it should be. Thanks for your help regardless

All's well that ends well

You'll need to Login to comment