m4x8765
5 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
Im currently playing a carrer with OL and at the start Rayan Cherki is on a youth contract. ManCity just made an offer i didnt even get to see or can negotiate and he joins them for around 1mil.
I couldnt do anything.
Now at the end of season 1 after the youth intake, some big clubs are interested in my best players from the youth intake, wich are on a youth contract and i cant do nothing about them leaving.

Is this a error or have others experienced it?

I mean they have contract, why can they leave without even asking me.

And i have to make offers to other clubs for theire young players and they can negotiate.

I hope someone can help me with this
weeniehutjr
6 years ago
1 week ago
Im currently playing a carrer with OL and at the start Rayan Cherki is on a youth contract. ManCity just made an offer i didnt even get to see or can negotiate and he joins them for around 1mil.
I couldnt do anything.
Now at the end of season 1 after the youth intake, some big clubs are interested in my best players from the youth intake, wich are on a youth contract and i cant do nothing about them leaving.

Is this a error or have others experienced it?

I mean they have contract, why can they leave without even asking me.

And i have to make offers to other clubs for theire young players and they can negotiate.

I hope someone can help me with this

If the players are on a Youth contract, it means other clubs can offer them a Professional contract and you get a compensation fee.
To avoid that happening, you can offer your youth players a Professional contract (you don't have to offer them a youth contract first)
m4x8765
5 years ago
3 months ago
Premium
If the players are on a Youth contract, it means other clubs can offer them a Professional contract and you get a compensation fee.
To avoid that happening, you can offer your youth players a Professional contract (you don't have to offer them a youth contract first)

Okay thank you.
I didnt experienced/realised this in fm19 for somehow.
m4x8765
5 years ago
3 months ago
Premium

Oh and how can i take advantege of this?
How can i sign such players from other teams? because i cant offer them contracts and otherwise i have to negotiate with the club.
weeniehutjr
6 years ago
1 week ago
Oh and how can i take advantege of this?
How can i sign such players from other teams? because i cant offer them contracts and otherwise i have to negotiate with the club.

If the player is on a youth contract, there will be an "Approach to sign" button in the "Contract" dropdown menu. However you'll only be able to approach to sign the player if they haven't agreed a Precontract deal with their club (or another club), where they agree in advance to sign a pro contract when they turn 17. You can also approach to sign a player if they have less than 6 months left on their remaining contract (restricted to 1 month for transfers between clubs in England due to the FA laws buy you can still approach players at foreign clubs within 6 months)

Usually if a youth player has high PA, their club will immediately sign him to a professional contract, so as you're managing Lyon you won't find too many newgens you can sign who will have the potential to feature for your team in the future - but in the academies of lower league teams (for example perhaps Gazélec in Championnat National), a player with world class PA might refuse to sign a pro contract with Gazélec and instead keep their options open for a team like Lyon, Marseille or PSG.

You'll need to Login to comment