ForeverOwnd
10 years ago
1 year ago
I'm using quite a few mods in my save, but unfortunately, I have only just now noticed one problem. Some of the competition stage names have been changed to French... I quite honestly have no idea how this has even happened and neither do I know which mod could have caused it, so my best hope right now is that it's possible for me to change stage names mid-save somehow.

Here's a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

As you can see, the Fourth Round, Quarterfinal, and Semifinal names have been changed into another language. It's not a huge deal obviously, but for the sake of my own immersion these things matter a lot, and with all the problems I've had getting this save up and running to begin with, I'm just about at my wit's end. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
mons
17 years ago
10 hours ago
I'm using quite a few mods in my save, but unfortunately, I have only just now noticed one problem. Some of the competition stage names have been changed to French... I quite honestly have no idea how this has even happened and neither do I know which mod could have caused it, so my best hope right now is that it's possible for me to change stage names mid-save somehow.

Here's a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.

As you can see, the Fourth Round, Quarterfinal, and Semifinal names have been changed into another language. It's not a huge deal obviously, but for the sake of my own immersion these things matter a lot, and with all the problems I've had getting this save up and running to begin with, I'm just about at my wit's end. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe you could do it with an in-game editor, but that's the only way it could be done. I just don't know whether in-game editors can edit competition stage name though, I suspect not.

For the sake of clarity, you can't use lnc files as they only work on entries which haven't already been changed, like they have in this instance.
ForeverOwnd
10 years ago
1 year ago
Maybe you could do it with an in-game editor, but that's the only way it could be done. I just don't know whether in-game editors can edit competition stage name though, I suspect not.

For the sake of clarity, you can't use lnc files as they only work on entries which haven't already been changed, like they have in this instance.

Sorry, I should have mentioned: I've tried using the in-game editor around competition screens to no effect, it says nothing about changing competition stage names.

So would there be no way of changing this even if I start a new save then? I'm still only in February of my first season so if I had to start over for this it wouldn't be too big a loss.
mons
17 years ago
10 hours ago
Sorry, I should have mentioned: I've tried using the in-game editor around competition screens to no effect, it says nothing about changing competition stage names.

So would there be no way of changing this even if I start a new save then? I'm still only in February of my first season so if I had to start over for this it wouldn't be too big a loss.

I suspect you can't do anything about it in your current save game then.

As for the new game, you'd have to identify which file is causing the issue and edit it accordingly. Are you running an English lower league file perchance? A screenshot of your editor data folder might help me spot it for you.
ForeverOwnd
10 years ago
1 year ago
I suspect you can't do anything about it in your current save game then.

As for the new game, you'd have to identify which file is causing the issue and edit it accordingly. Are you running an English lower league file perchance? A screenshot of your editor data folder might help me spot it for you.

I am, yes. I'm using quite a few files actually which I suppose just makes this harder, and it seems that most of the added league files are titled in French which leads me to assume that the author somehow left in the stage name change somewhere and forgot to change it.

Here's a screenshot.
mons
17 years ago
10 hours ago
I am, yes. I'm using quite a few files actually which I suppose just makes this harder, and it seems that most of the added league files are titled in French which leads me to assume that the author somehow left in the stage name change somewhere and forgot to change it.

Here's a screenshot.

I too use Timo's files but I'm a bit selective with which files I used. Do you really need the Northern Mariana league, for example? As you have now learnt, the more files you have, the more potential issues can crop up.

Can't believe you have all them but not the real name fix files though

That said, check the Angleterre file in the pre-game editor Suspect it's there
ForeverOwnd
10 years ago
1 year ago
I too use Timo's files but I'm a bit selective with which files I used. Do you really need the Northern Mariana league, for example? As you have now learnt, the more files you have, the more potential issues can crop up.

Can't believe you have all them but not the real name fix files though

That said, check the Angleterre file in the pre-game editor Suspect it's there

Haha, I do load in a lot of leagues for my saves but some of the files are unnecessary and never used, yeah As for real name fix I use fmscout's solution.

I'm looking at the Angleterre file right now and feel like I've checked everything although honestly I have zero experience using the editor so I might just be looking in all the wrong places. Worth noting that the stage name change has also applied to things like the Champion's League and all other competitions from what I can tell.
mons
17 years ago
10 hours ago
Haha, I do load in a lot of leagues for my saves but some of the files are unnecessary and never used, yeah As for real name fix I use fmscout's solution.

I'm looking at the Angleterre file right now and feel like I've checked everything although honestly I have zero experience using the editor so I might just be looking in all the wrong places. Worth noting that the stage name change has also applied to things like the Champion's League and all other competitions from what I can tell.

I recommend using our real name fix. It's updated more regularly, it's more comprehensive and it's much better, though I may be biased seeing I've been taking care of it for 10 years

Could you put your editor data folder in a zip file and send it over? I'll have a look at the files myself and try and identify where the issue could be.
ForeverOwnd
10 years ago
1 year ago
I recommend using our real name fix. It's updated more regularly, it's more comprehensive and it's much better, though I may be biased seeing I've been taking care of it for 10 years

Could you put your editor data folder in a zip file and send it over? I'll have a look at the files myself and try and identify where the issue could be.

I'll definitely be doing it for FM21 in that case although I'm afraid to mess about too much with my current files as they are

Zip file attached here!
mons
17 years ago
10 hours ago
I'll definitely be doing it for FM21 in that case although I'm afraid to mess about too much with my current files as they are

Zip file attached here!

I've located the issue in the French league file. For some unfathomable reason, he decided to rename 4 competition stage names to French

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/dzeFWdZzjpCQbnRE7lJq8w76wm2Ho8ktOeO9w5zd.png

Two of those are created, so I left them as is, but I think they'll only be displayed in the respective earlier round of the French Cup. I've changed the other 4 back to their default English name:

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/UwHlGSUbtB4g0BE7veF9sKS4oRDjDZMtCN5VZMl7.png

I'm attaching the amended file for you. Should be fine now. Remove Timo's file and use this one instead.

Sorry it took so long, but it took me a good 10-15 minutes to get the file to verify after I'd made the changes...
ForeverOwnd
10 years ago
1 year ago
I've located the issue in the French league file. For some unfathomable reason, he decided to rename 4 competition stage names to French

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/dzeFWdZzjpCQbnRE7lJq8w76wm2Ho8ktOeO9w5zd.png

Two of those are created, so I left them as is, but I think they'll only be displayed in the respective earlier round of the French Cup. I've changed the other 4 back to their default English name:

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/UwHlGSUbtB4g0BE7veF9sKS4oRDjDZMtCN5VZMl7.png

I'm attaching the amended file for you. Should be fine now. Remove Timo's file and use this one instead.

Sorry it took so long, but it took me a good 10-15 minutes to get the file to verify after I'd made the changes...

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to help me with this! I just replaced the file and it looks to work perfectly when starting a new save, as seen here!

Really weird why the author did that but I can only assume he was having a brainfart or something and just made the change without thinking

This really made my Saturday, hope you have a great one as well!
mons
17 years ago
10 hours ago
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to help me with this! I just replaced the file and it looks to work perfectly when starting a new save, as seen here!

Really weird why the author did that but I can only assume he was having a brainfart or something and just made the change without thinking

This really made my Saturday, hope you have a great one as well!

Timo's French iirc and I suspect that when he was creating the extra rounds of the French Cup, he wanted all the stage names to look the same, but I suspect he didn't realise that particular change would effect all other competitions for everyone else playing in different languages.

Enjoy

You'll need to Login to comment