NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
Hi I was playing a game as normal, was 2-0 up against a top team, really excited to win then bam! my computer shuts down randomly (never does this), then restarts on its own, then when I try to reload FM 14 it comes up with these Steam_profile .xml errors (3 in a row) so i have to make a new profile, so i exit the game, shut down my pc again and try to reload fm and it starts a update, after that i have to make a new profile again, then when trying to play it keeps spitting these following error messages every few minutes.

XML parsing error

! not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of visible_panels.xml

XML parsing error!

! not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of match_minimised.xml

XML parsing error!

! not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of visible_panels.xml

Never had any problems with FM before and my pc well exceed recommended specs for this game.

(i5, 8gb ram, nvidia 560 gtx ti, 3.5tb hdds)

I have not modified the skin in any way, all i have installed is the mega face pack 6.1, logo pack and some kits.

update:
Ok it let me in after a few errors, i amazingly went 2-0 up again, got to the 89th minute and my pc crashed/restarted again, and its shooting error messages every 2 mins, no other game is doing this to my pc, is my fm broken for good? i don't want to have to start a new game either

(i played all yesterday with no problems and nothing has been modified since, except the game updated after the first crash/shut down)

I did play around with the official in game editor, made a few players better, but within reason.
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
I'm doing the Verifying steam cache thing at the mo, to see if that fixes it.

The errors are not just coming up in my save, but even in the games starting intro, i really think the update broke every thing, I have tried one more time to play the game and it shut my computer down again for a third time whilst nearing the end of the match.
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
Verifying steam cache did nothing except for replacing/redownloading the original fake lncs etc that i had originally replaced with the Susi name fixes etc
NovaGB
16 years ago
4 years ago
Everything's fixed now, I fixed it by doing this >> http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=218

You'll need to Login to comment