Win a copy of FM24: We are running multiple competitions where you can win Football Manager 2024. Enter Now
I've created a set of Custom Start Dates for FM23. These allow you to start the game on a specific date and not on the default start dates for each league.
The pack contains ten editor data (.fmf) files - you only need to use one of these for a given save game. They are clearly labelled and will allow you to start a new save on the noted date. This file works by overwriting the Seychelles with a custom nation which has a start date set as per the list below.
- Simply extract the files into the “editor data” folder; found within the "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 20XX" on Windows.
- When setting up a new game, go to the Database drop down and select the start date file you need - you can only select one.
- Go to Advanced Setup and Add/Remove Leagues - you should see a new nation appear in Africa “sortitoutsi.net Custom Start Date” - make sure this nation is ticked.
- Set this new nation to View Only and add the playable leagues you wish to use, as normal.
- Select the Game Start Date in the bottom right, and navigate to the new “sortitoutsi.net Custom Start Date" nation and select the desired date.
The start dates are best used in combination with a Real Results file (such as this one) but can be used standalone as the game will simulate results for all playable leagues up to the chosen start date.
The dates currently included are the final Monday of each month:
Added to latest version (June 13th update)
If you would like to request a specific date not included in the list above, please comment below (remember that the game start date must be a Monday) and I will look to add them in a future version.
Check out this video to see how to install:
You'll need to Login to comment