Avi_
8 years ago
3 days ago
I've been running into many issues with the game since the 18.3 update.

Since the update, I downloaded the DF11 facepacks along with FC'12 kits. When I installed the packs, my game just pretty much, glitched out.

What it does is when I clear cache and reload the skin, my game all of a sudden turns black. The odd part about it is the fact that I can actually still do the shortcuts in the game, but when I do it, I can't do anything. If I try to reload the game, the game crashes.

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/iL8YO2aGdqQKRlOJAbZVoJtXICArTrP1wQ7zROra.png

I'm beginning to believe that what's exactly wrong with the game is something from the graphics and skin files that are causing the game to crash...

The .dmp files I have in the attachments are the errors I'm getting, but I have no way of viewing the file. If any of you can figure out what exactly is wrong with the game, please help me. Please, I'm desperate.

.dmp 1 .dmp 2
mons
17 years ago
9 hours ago
I've been running into many issues with the game since the 18.3 update.

Since the update, I downloaded the DF11 facepacks along with FC'12 kits. When I installed the packs, my game just pretty much, glitched out.

What it does is when I clear cache and reload the skin, my game all of a sudden turns black. The odd part about it is the fact that I can actually still do the shortcuts in the game, but when I do it, I can't do anything. If I try to reload the game, the game crashes.

https://sortitoutsi.net/uploads/mirrored_images/iL8YO2aGdqQKRlOJAbZVoJtXICArTrP1wQ7zROra.png

I'm beginning to believe that what's exactly wrong with the game is something from the graphics and skin files that are causing the game to crash...

The .dmp files I have in the attachments are the errors I'm getting, but I have no way of viewing the file. If any of you can figure out what exactly is wrong with the game, please help me. Please, I'm desperate.

.dmp 1 .dmp 2

Where have you placed the downloaded graphics? Can I see a screenshot of that folder?
Avi_
8 years ago
3 days ago
Well, mons, there's something wrong with my config file in my skins files.

I've redownloaded again on the files that I use, like the TCM Logos. Reinstalled them, and they work.

But when I try to load a skin, it just crashes..

mons
17 years ago
9 hours ago
Well, mons, there's something wrong with my config file in my skins files.

I've redownloaded again on the files that I use, like the TCM Logos. Reinstalled them, and they work.

But when I try to load a skin, it just crashes..

Then you're best advised to speak to the creator of the skin you're using
Avi_
8 years ago
3 days ago
Then you're best advised to speak to the creator of the skin you're using

The thing is though, it's doing this with every skin I have, even the base skins...

And I mean, every skin.
mons
17 years ago
9 hours ago
The thing is though, it's doing this with every skin I have, even the base skins...

And I mean, every skin.

Ok, so can I see where you have placed the downloaded graphics? Can I see a screenshot of that folder?
Avi_
8 years ago
3 days ago
Ok, so can I see where you have placed the downloaded graphics? Can I see a screenshot of that folder?

This is just my graphics file here.

I've had many issues with the skins, and I've tried every skin I've downloaded, but I still get the same errors. Here's the file.
mons
17 years ago
9 hours ago
This is just my graphics file here.

I've had many issues with the skins, and I've tried every skin I've downloaded, but I still get the same errors. Here's the file.

What happens if you use the default skin and remove the custom graphics temporarily?
Avi_
8 years ago
3 days ago
What happens if you use the default skin and remove the custom graphics temporarily?

I have actually, and it does this. If I try to load it, it crashes.

I've cleared cache, and everything, but it doesn't do a thing to it.
mons
17 years ago
9 hours ago
I have actually, and it does this. If I try to load it, it crashes.

I've cleared cache, and everything, but it doesn't do a thing to it.

Are you sure it's not the saved game itself which is the problem then? Can you start a new game?
Avi_
8 years ago
3 days ago
Are you sure it's not the saved game itself which is the problem then? Can you start a new game?

I've started new saves and it still does the same thing. It's something with the files that are causing the errors surely.
mons
17 years ago
9 hours ago
I've started new saves and it still does the same thing. It's something with the files that are causing the errors surely.

May be worth posting in the official forums
Avi_
8 years ago
3 days ago
May be worth posting in the official forums

I have actually, but no one's responded. Probably should delete the post if that's possible and post again with everything going on. And now, it's doing this...
mons
17 years ago
9 hours ago
I have actually, but no one's responded. Probably should delete the post if that's possible and post again with everything going on. And now, it's doing this...

It's the weekend, you know Give them a bit of time, I'm sure you'll get a reply tomorrow.
VP.
13 years ago
1 month ago
Have you tried re-veryfying game cache through Steam as that will replace any files that have been accidently deleted.

- Load Steam
- From the 'Library' section, right-click on the game and select 'Properties' from the menu.
- Select the 'Local Files' tab and click the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache' button.
- Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes. This will always download a number of files even if you've just verified the game.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
- We recommend verifying your cache twice to make sure all files are fully downloaded.

You'll need to Login to comment