Already playing ? Get these essential add ons to enhance the game Want updated squads for FM19? We have the worlds biggest FM2019 Data Update. 44 minutes ago
ammyrog commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 195990 changes from 638 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 195988 changes from 638 contributors.
Qvordrup commented on: FM 2019 FLUT skin dark
kingrobbo commented on: Football Manager 2019 Wonderkids
Qvordrup commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
A new version of our data update was released with 195975 changes from 638 contributors.
kingrobbo commented on: FM 2018 update
HockeyBhoy commented on: Now I would walk 500 miles...
A new version of our data update was released with 195933 changes from 638 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 195926 changes from 638 contributors.
cHMIELu commented on: New Logos
hammer9 commented on: SS Discussion/Help Thread
kingrobbo commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
mons commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
Jaygaynon commented on: SS Discussion/Help Thread
kingrobbo commented on: Players and Staff Changes Thread
Jeff's72 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
kowalatkomc commented on: New Logos
StaffMan commented on: Germany - 3.Liga SS'2019/20 New! (21/08/19) - Not SSKCC yet!
A new version of our data update was released with 195315 changes from 636 contributors.
hammer9 commented on: 220 x 220 Kit Display Modification for FM18/19 New! (02/11/18)
hammer9 added a topic: 220 x 220 Kit Display Modification for FM18/19 New! (02/11/18)
Morten Degn commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
hammer9 commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
hammer9 commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
Footygamer added a video: Total Control - SD Huesca - #5 Massive Progress! | Football Manager 2019
A new version of our data update was released with 195249 changes from 636 contributors.
neoh commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
A new version of our data update was released with 195235 changes from 636 contributors.
Rick87 Comments
Hi;

I have just started a fantasy club career with a team called Ashcote United. I would like a red and white badge that has a tree and the clubs name, somewhat similar to Nottingham Forest's crest.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Welcome one and all to what I intend to be a long term project, Sculpting a club from nothing, establishing a successful team that will take on the veritable assault course of English lower league football in the hope of some day playing with the big kids in their far off professional divisions.

Who are these future silver collectors I hear you ask, well let's waste no more time....

Ashcote were founded in early 2018 when a two football loving businessmen from from the neighbouring towns of Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Swadlincote drunkenly decided to form their own club. They invested a considerable amount of money into buying a plot of land from a farmer in Moira, a small village midway between Ashby and Swad to play on and develop in the future if the club progresses in the way they envision.

Nicknamed the Forresters due to their position within the National Forest, Ashcote replace Asfordby in the Leicestershire Senior League, down in step six of the non-league system. The establishment of the new entity has already provoked tension in the local area as both Ashby and Swadlincote have established non-league outfits who haven't taken kindly to the upstarts encroaching on their patches. It will only take one promotion to catch up with Ivanhoe, and three to get abreast of Gresley. (assuming neither of them are promoted or relegated in the meantime) so catching them will be my short-term objective.

On day one I had no staff, or players. Now at the end of pre-season my squad looks impressive for this level;

Everybody is on a amateur contract so no wages to pay. This will enable me to save any money generated for the future when it may be of more use to help us up the divisions. For realism sake I limited myself to players who hail from towns or cities within twenty miles. Nobody the casual football fan will have heard of except for former Aston Villa midfielder Lee Hendrie;

Not many teams in the eleventh tier of the game can claim to have a former England international amongst their ranks. Even at the ripe old age of 41 Hendrie looks a good player for this level. I just have to be careful in managing his training and game time to ensure he's fit.

In fact we own seven of the constituents of the league dream team;

I think we should certainly be looking to escape this division in our inaugural season, we have both squad depth and some talent. Holding on to my best players will be a major challenge however, particularly if we do well.

Aye happy new year RIck, you good?

Yeah I'm good thanks, just had a new baby and am about to start a new job.

You?
Happy new year ya'll
Good morning all, long time no see! I hope everybody is well.

I see this section of the forums is floundering, a pity given how active it once was. Hopefully bumping an old thread might help.

I'm in the throws of what promises to be an eventful few days, I had to go into work to conduct job interviews this morning but am now making my way over to Birmingham in preparation for my wife's scheduled C-section tomorrow morning. Very much looking forward to meeting the latest addition to the clan.
Cool little save you've got, always nice to beat a former team in a final!

Thanks mate, yes I'm. Enjoying it more than any save I've had in years now.
Squad

Here is a look at my current squad, it is a really exciting bunch of players with several wonderkids some of whom have both been purchased and some of whom are acadamy products.

Goalkeepers

Jordan Pickford was one of my first signings as a manager as I spent £20M to buy him from Sunderland for Manchester United in 2016. Six years later I signed him again, this time for almost double what I paid the first time, such is my faith in Jordan who does a grand job as my first choice keeper.
I also know I can rely on Dutch international Jeron Zoet who plays most of our cup and Continental games, including last seasons Europa League final.
Italian U21 international Diego Cuiti is currently on loan at Galatasaray. He made his one and only Monaco start so far in the Coupa de France qauter final last season but I am sure he will make plenty more in the future.

Defenders

Jean-Luc Vergnes is the first of the clutch of wonderkids I've brought through our academy in the last two years, we are still working on making him the marauding wing back I ultimatley want him to be, however he is a very solid defensively and quickly turfed out the established Djibril Sidibe who I sold to the Chinese Super League last January.
Kurt Zouma and Jemerson have been a brick wall centre back pairing, Danijel Novakovic is a highly talented 22 year old Serbian international who I would like to give more game time to, however with Zouma and Jemerson being so dependable his opportunities have been sporadic. Polish legend Kamil Glik is the club captain who has made well over 200 appearances for Monaco, however he is undeniably slowing down physically so I will likely be allowing him to leave at the end of the season when his contract expires.

Midfielders

Mexian midfielder Neftali Montano has been by far my most shrewd signing, he cost me absolutely nothing when I snapped him up from Pumas on free transfer last January, he is now valued at £45M! We look more creative when he is in the team, rotating regularly with Serbian Dejan Nisic and Portuguese wonderkid Mario Cristiano in the deep laying playmaker role of my regular 4-2-3-1 formation. Brazilian Fabinho plays the role of ball-winning midfielder as well as vice captain of the club.

Ahead of them are any combination of six attacking midfielders; Callum Gribbin is a former employee of mine from my Old Trafford days, I promoted him from the reserves on arrival at United, he established himself quickly as a first teamer there but my successor Jochim Lowe deemed Callum surplus to requirements and sent him out on several loans, including one to Toulouse last season where he was instrumental in helping them finish fourth and qualify for the Champions League. When the opportunity to sign him for nothing arose in the summer it was a no brainier for me, having him already knowing French was a big bonus.
Belgian Adrian Bongiovanni was subject to repeated bids from Real Madrid in the summer, not surprising as he contributed 24 assists and 17 goals in 54 appearances last term, thankfully we have so far managed to keep hold of him.
Maxence Huet is another wonderkid from the youth team who is establishing himself, Brian Fevre is yet another wonder kid whom was signed from Manchester City for a massive £59M last January. Argentine Jesus Gonzalez was another big money signing, costing me £35M from Bordeaux, he can play equally well either as a shadow striker of an out-and-out forward.

Strikers

Romelu Lukaku is a familiar name to any football fan, a powerful striker who is in scintillating form this season, scoring ten goals in his appearances so far. Benjamin Finkler was my only major signing this summer as I paid Wolfsburg £24M for their twenty year old hotshot, he has already begun paying me back with five goals in six matches which has caused me a selection headache between him and Lukaku to start as our attacking spearhead.
Moussa Ba is yet another wonderkid whom I handed a debut to on arrival at Monaco, he too has been banging in the goals, bagging 27 in 34 appearances in all competitions last term (Including five in a 6-3 epic against Benfica in the Europa League Semi finals) This season hasn't caught fire for the 20 year old yet with just the one goal, though to be fair most of his game time has come from the bench.
17 year old Diogo Teles is right at the beginning of his football journey, making his debut from the bench last season during a injury crisis, he hasn't managed to find the net yet but I think the Argentine has a bright future ahead of him.

A warm welcome to all! It has been some time since I last created a career thread, mostly as I have struggle for time to play FM, what with family commitments and full time. However I am now six years into my current save which I am enjoying immensely and I would like to share my progress so far, and hopefully future achievements too with you.

The story so far
I'm playing as David Beckham, I used the in game editor to assign him his correct information such as international appearances, favoured and disliked personnel etc. Thus far I have had quite a successful career, it started out as a nationalistic challenge with Man United but has developed beyond that.
During my time with United we won the Premier League twice as well as the 2017/18 FA cup but I was unable to deliver any continental success, reaching the semi-finals of the Europa League in 2016/17 and the last eight of the Champions League the following season, being eliminated by Inter and AC Milan respectively.
The 2018/19 season was a massive disappointment as our title defence never really got going, finishing in fourth place, a long way behind champions Arsenal and failing to collect any silverware. This led to me coming to the conclusion I had taken United as far as I could.

After resigning my post at Old Trafford I was offered the job of Australia's head coach which I saw as a good opportunity to get some international experience in order to land the England job in the future. Things started very well, breezing through both qualifying groups for the 2022 World cup, however our performance at the tournament was sub-par as we failed to make it out of our group which consisted of Holland, Colombia and Austria.
We did earn a silver medal at the 2020 Olympics in Japan, beating Brazil in the semi finals to set up a final against Belgium whom we defeated in the group stage, however this time the Red Devils were much improved, defeating us 4-0. Still second place was more than anyone had expected and was seen as a big achievement.

Following the World cup I resigned from Australia in order to return to club football, eventually accepting an offer from Monaco who were looking for a replacement for Zinedine Zidane who had just left to take on the French national team job. My first season yielded League cup and Europa League glory, beating Tours and my old side Manchester United respectively in the finals. However, despite a strong start to the Ligue 1 season we failed to keep pace with PSG, finishing 3rd, 23 points behind the Oil rich Parisians.
Now just a few games in to 2023/24 the we have started brightly and are hopeful of pushing PSG harder this term, he have already collected some minor silverware, winning the Supercopa EuroAmericana (Europa League Vs Copa SudAmerica winners) against Brazilian outfit Vasco da Gama but were thwarted by PSG in the European Supercup in the same week, throwing away both a goal and man advantage to lose in extra time to our rivals.

Dean Smith has been appointed, Good choice i think. I was always a fan of his when I used to go to Walsall games. Did well at Brentford too.
I’ve just set up a JustGving page for the 150 mile sponsored hike I’m organising. If anybody could contribute it would be most gratefully appreciated. Your text to link here...

You can also donate by text by texting RBME87 followed by your donation amount to 70070.

I'm going to be doing another charity hike next year for Mencap who I work for. I shall be walking from my shop in Loughborough, Leicestershire to Barmouth, Gwynydd. A distance of about 165 miles. I did 80 miles through the Yorkshire Dales in 2013 (which quite a few members of this forum were kind enough to donate towards) but I was in much better shape then so I'm going to have to really work on my fitness between now and next June when I plan on going.
Strange to think Gareth Barry will become the all time Premiership appearance record holder today. I still remember watching him under John Gregory at the Villa when he had spots and a dodgy curtains haircut around 98/99. When he was a left back.
I was a mod on one called RivalManager for a time years ago. I got banned multiple times from this very forum for trying to poach members via the PM system.
Pre-Season Review
We're Going To Win The League...

On the eve of the 2017/18 season, our business is now concluded and we look raring to go;

Although one should never take results from pre-season games too seriously, it's difficult not to gain a sense of cautious optimism after that set of results. In particular the results against Europa League qualifiers Strum Graz and even more so Belgian giants Anderlecht who fielded a side containing the likes of Youri Tielemans, Leander Dendonker and Nicolai Stanicau.

Good start to the season, shame the Bertrand and Forster want to go though.
Enjoyed reading this so far mate! I don't think you should be judged on your first season, you just had to work with what you had, and you seemed to do pretty well. I'm looking forward to seeing how you overhaul the squad this summer and seeing your progress!

Thank you mate, hope this helps...

MSV Duisburg Squad 2017/18
The Zebra's Who Have Earned Their Stripes

Goalkeepers

Mark Flekken

1. Mark Flekken
Age:24
Nation: Holland
2016/17 Apps: 36
2016/17 Goals: 54 (conceded)
Notes: Mark is a good shot-stopper who is a reasonable distributor of the ball, however he was let down last season by having a leaky defence in front of him. I am happy for him to remain my number one this term and hopefully with a more solid back-line protecting him we should be much harder to break down.

13. Daniel Zeaiter
Age:22
Nation: Lebanon
2016/17 Apps: 4
2016/17 Goals: 1 (conceded)
Notes: Has only been afforded two appearances since my arrival midway through the season, that may change this season as I look to begin developing players more than I did last year. Daniel is a current international having represented Lebanon nine times.

Defenders
Branimir Bajic

http://thetimes-tribune.com/images/icons/new.png15. Michael Novak
Age:26
Nation: Austria
2016/17 Apps: 25 (SV Mattersburg)
2016/17 Goals: 0
Notes: The first of my new faces this summer, Michael arrives on free transfer from Austrian Bundesliga side Mattersburg so this deal can be considered something of a coup given he his dropping down to a third division club. A solid left wing-back who is very capable of getting forward and supporting the attack as well as staying back to hold the line.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/images/icons/new.png16. Manuel Kober
Age:18
Nation: Germany
2016/17 Apps: 9 (Stuttgart II)
2016/17 Goals: 1
Notes: On loan from Stuttgart, Manuel is a promising central defender with a natural sense of anticipation and positioning, two attributes that at times were sadly lacking last season.

22. Dustin Bomheur
Age:26
2016/17 Apps: 35
2016/17 Goals: 1
Notes: Somewhat average defender in truth, but at 26 it's not to late for him, standing at 6'4 he is always going to be useful at set-pieces. With a well managed training regime he could well evolve into a reasonable player for us which is why I have decided to keep him around.

4. Branimir Bajic
Age:37
Nation: Bosnia
2016/17 Apps: 35
2016/17 Goals: 2
Notes: Club captain Branimir is getting on in years, but what he lacks in pace he makes up for in determination and experience. A tough tackler who is still an ever present after having made more than 200 appearances for the Zebras. Needs to be partnered with a younger centre back who has the legs to track faster forwards.

Enis Hajri
Age:34
Nation: Tunisia
2016/17 Apps: 8
2016/17 Goals: 1
Notes: Currently on the transfer list and not in my plans for next season, I just haven't been able to offload him yet. Reasonable defender but a lack of concentration and determination let him down.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/images/icons/new.png5. Lukas Boeder
Age:20
Nation: Germany
2016/17 Apps: 38 (Paderborn)
2016/17 Goals: 1
Notes: On loan from Leverkusen, Lukas spent last season on loan at our divisional rivals Paderborn where he played all 38 games. With the right training he will be a useful ball playing defender who's future surely lies in the higher divisions.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/images/icons/new.png2. Lukas Klunter
Age:21
2016/17 Apps: 2
2016/17 Goals: 0
Notes: I signed Lukas on loan from Koln towards the end of last season, making his move permanent this summer when his Koln contract expired. I love a good wingback who gets forward and joins in the attack which is exactly what Lukas does. His dribbling skills need work, however he is a good crosser of the ball who possesses a bit of pace which makes him a threat to any 3.Liga defence.

3. Dan-Patrick Poggenberg
Age:25
2016/17 Apps: 8
2016/17 Goals: 0
Notes: A left full-back who I am re-training as a wing back to get forward more. Currently a transfer target for 1860 Munich.

14. Fabio Leutenecker
Age:27
2016/17 Apps: 36
2016/17 Goals: 0
Notes: Last season's first choice for the right back slot, though that spot will probably be taken by Lukas Klunter now. Fabio is a fairly average player who is decent back up option but struggles with lapses of concentration and a lack of pace which hinders him.

Midfielders
Fabian Schnellhardt

8. Baris Ozbek
Age:30
2016/17 Apps: 16
2016/17 Goals: 0
Notes: Tough tackling midfielder who can stay deep and protect the defence or roam forward to join in attacks when needed. Struggled with a severe knee injury last season which only allowed me to pick him during the final month or so. This season he should be fully fit and will form an important part of my central midfield trio.

Mael Corbez
Age:22
Nation: USA
2016/17 Apps: 8
2016/17 Goals: 0
Notes: Initially I transfer listed the Alabama native having not used him much last season and not really intending to do so this season either, however the sale of Martin Dausch to Kaiserslauten left me with a gap to fill in central midfield and Corbez is capable of filling it. So I have given him the benefit of the doubt and removed him from the list to see how he fares.

6. Tim Albutat
Age:24
2016/17 Apps: 28
2016/17 Goals: 4
Notes: Much like Baris Ozbek, Tim is a versatile central midfielder who can defend as well as get forward depending on the situation. Could possibly be on his way out though as several 2. Bundesliga clubs are interested in him at the moment and sadly the club isn't in a position financially to be turning down any reasonable offers made for it's stars.

17. Fabian Schnellhardt
Age:23
2016/17 Apps: 28
2016/17 Goals: 6
Notes: A talented young playmaker who could have a future in a higher division (Hopefully with us!) An excellent passer of the ball with a good eye for whats ahead of him. Just needs to work on on his physical attributes as he can be muscled off the ball.

7. Andreas Weigel
Age:25
2016/17 Apps: 18
2016/17 Goals: 5
Notes: Right winger who proved to be goal threat last season, lacks the pace to power past full backs but does have dribbling ability as well as the ability to pop the ball in the net.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/images/icons/new.png11. Ba-Muaka Simakala
Age:20
Nation: Germany
2016/17 Apps: 1 (Borussia Mochengladbach)
2016/17 Goals: 0
Notes: An adaptable attacking player who can play on either flank or through the middle who has joined us on loan from Gladbach. I will be hopeing his workrate improves with some mentoring from one of my more experienced players.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/images/icons/new.png19. Osei Owusu
Age:20
2016/17 Apps: 13 (Lotte)
2016/17 Goals: 0
Notes: Impressed last season on loan at Lotte from Hoffenheim. I'm hoping that he will keep up his good form as he transitions to us on the left wing.

10. Zlakto Janjic
Age:31
Nation: Bosnia
2016/17 Apps: 27
2016/17 Goals: 6
Notes: Central midfielder who can play either in behind the striker or deeper if required. Composed on the ball and with a good pass which is capable of unlocking defences.

20. Mohammed Cisse
Age:19
2016/17 Apps: 7
2016/17 Goals: 0
Notes: A product of our youth system I gave Mohammed his debut last season, he certainly looked comfortable in the first team as a shadow striker, whilst he didn't manage to net his first goal he did manage three assists in his seven appearances, five of which were from the bench. He can expect more action this season.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/images/icons/new.png11. Ba-Muaka Simakala
Age:20
Nation: Germany
2016/17 Apps: 1 (Borussia Mochengladbach)

http://thetimes-tribune.com/images/icons/new.png21. Elias Huth
Age:20
Nation: Germany
2016/17 Apps: 23 (Chemnitz)
2016/17 Goals: 0
Notes: Hannover loanee who made 23 appearances for defeated play-off finalists Chemnitz last season. Can play either flank or as a striker.

Forwards
Kingsley Onuegbu

http://thetimes-tribune.com/images/icons/new.png18. Bassala Sambou
Age:19
Nation: Germany
2016/17 Apps: 0 (Everton)
2016/17 Goals: 0
Notes: Everton striker who the Toffees procured from Coventry City last January for £750k who the Merseysiders have loaned to us for the season to gain experience. He has pace to burn which should cause defenders at this level lots of problems. It's his first touch and composure we will be working on in training.

9. Kingsley Onuegbu
Age:31
Nation: Nigeria
2016/17 Apps: 20
2016/17 Goals: 12
Notes: Fell out of favour with my predecessor, however he repaid me for restoring him to the line up by netting twelve times in twenty games. A formidable target man who is cable of bringing team mates into play as well as creating his own chances.

23. Stanislav Ilutchenko
Age:26
2016/17 Apps: 20
2016/17 Goals: 1
Notes: Disappointing last season as he is by far the best of my strikers attribute wise, however he only managed the single goal last season. Though it is only fair to mention that virtually all of his 20 appearances came off the bench. I decided to keep him around in the hope he will improve this season.
______

So that is my squad, the question now is how do I utilise those players? My favourate formation is 4-5-1 which will likely shape up like this;

Flekken

Klunter -- Bomheur -- Bajic -- Novak

Schnellhardt -- Janjic -- Ozbek

Wiegel ----------------------------Simkala

Onuegbu

I have a very versatile squad, most of whom can play in multiple positions so mixing things up is no problem, Indeed I may well employ a two striker system so Onuegbu can knock down balls for the pacy Sambou. I think there could be a good partnership between those two. The wingbacks are expected to get forward and overlap the wingers so we have plenty of width, the challenge will be knitting all these new faces together to form a unit that I hope may be capable of mounting a promotion challenge. The talent is there but we must not fall into the same traps of inconsistency we suffered from last time.

End of 2016/17
Well I'm Glad That's Over...

The season came to a frustrating end as my team showed real improvement for a time after my last update, going on a five game unbeaten run, climbing the table in process. But all good things come to a end, in this case much more abruptly than I would have liked as we got mauled 5-1 by Regensburg and then only managed one win from our final six matches which undid all the hard work we had put in to get into the to half of the table as we slumped down to 13th.

I intend to completely overhaul the squad over the summer and bring in players who fit my tactical preferences better than the current bunch. I've already identified nine players to let go or sell. Money will be a big problem when rebuilding though, unless the board pumps more cash in we are £15k over the wage budget which will make it next to impossible to offer any prospective signings a reasonable wage, meaning the loan market is probably my only option. Thankfully there is no limit on the amount of loans a club can have during a season in Germany so it is possible to furnish my squad using predominately season long loans.

My brief will be the same as last season, finish within the top half, though I'm hopeful that with a full season in charge and the ability to field a team that fits my desired high tempo style, that we might emerge as dark horses in 3.Liga next season. Consistency must improve, after 21 games my record is 8 wins, 7 draws and 6 defeats. Not too bad but it could have been much better if we had seen out games more effectively.
10 Games In
Inconsistency is key

I am now ten games into my tenure as Duisburg head coach and at the moment the jury is still out on me after three wins, four draws and three defeats.

A lack of firepower seems to be our primary problem, I have three strikers on the books, however all three are target men who are squad players at best. I could really use some pace up front but have no money to spend or even available wage budget due to my predecessor overspending so I will have to endure with the resources available and work on re-training my wingers to become inside forwards to try and provide extra support up front.

Since returning from the winter break we have really struggled with just one win from six, I am making small tweeks to the player instructions to try to arrest this decline. I've mostly been deploying 4-1-2-3 with the wingers instructed to cut in and support the lone forward. I've also tried 4-4-1 and plain old 4-4-2 but neither of them bore much fruit. I'm now toying with the idea of 4-2-3-1 with an attacking midfielder or shadow striker in behind the target man. I won't rule out 5-3-2 with wingbacks in the future especially in away games but I think I first need a forward with a bit of pace to play off of one of the big men for that to be a success.

The recent poor run has seen us drop from ninth before the Christmas break, right back to where we started when I took over in fifteenth;

Whilst I neither think we will be relegated or get into contention for promotion this season, it is frustrating to be down in the wrong half of the table again after what was a reasonable start. Still, I am confident that once we find the right tactical blend we will quickly begin climbing up the league again and hopefully assert ourselves as one of the front runners for next season.
It took until late November for a job I was intrested in to become available, however I have now taken the first step on my path to greatness;

MSV Duisburg
Full name: Meidericher Spielverein 02 e. V. Duisburg
Nickname(s): Die Zebras (The Zebras)
Founded: 1902; 115 years ago
Ground: Schauinsland-Reisen-Arena, Duisburg, Germany
Capacity: 31,514
Manager: Thomas Hitzlsperger
League: 3 Liga (15th)
2015–16: 2. Bundesliga (16th - Relegated)

Duisburg are struggling in to adapt to life in 3.Liga following their relegation from the second tier last season, they find themselves closer to the dropzone than the promotion places as the halfway point of the season approaches, making the immediate return to 2.Bundesliga that the Zebra's would have been hoping for pre-season seem unlikely now.

I have signed a two year contract with Duisburg, my task for the remainder of this season will to be relieve fears of relegation to Regionalliga and arrest the decline of this club who were a top flight side less than ten years ago. The second year of my contract will be about building a side capable of returning to the second tier.
@Rick87

You need to sort out the images in the OP as none of the Photobucket images are working pal.

Fixed. Thanks @Shedender
Hi all and welcome to what I hope will be an successful and entertaining story about one of my favourate ex-pro footballers. I have had success in the past with my David Beckham and Paolo Maldini saves so here goes...

Thomas Hitzlsperger

Playing Career (Appearances/Goals)
1989-2000 https://s26.postimg.org/pb4t4bm4p/915.png Bayern Munich 0/0
2001-2005 https://s26.postimg.org/d455tlc5l/603.png Aston Villa 99/8
2001 https://s26.postimg.org/yqkohj45l/634.png Chesterfield (Loan) 5/0
2005-2010 https://s26.postimg.org/in87hq2mh/960.png VfB Stuttgart 125/20
2010 https://s26.postimg.org/untniga15/1140.png Lazio 6/1
2010-2011 https://s26.postimg.org/5qqa1jljd/735.png West Ham United 11/2
2011-12 https://s26.postimg.org/52hfilmtl/961.png VfL Wolfsburg 6/0
2012-13 https://s26.postimg.org/q9l66lzgp/650.png Everton 7/0

2002-2004 https://s26.postimg.org/uiuhmis3t/771.png Germany U21 20/3
2004-2010 https://s26.postimg.org/uiuhmis3t/771.png Germany 52/6

I met Thomas a number of times due to us living on the same road during his time at Villa, he is a very nice guy and was always an exciting player to watch with his famous left footed 'hammer' shots from distance. I was gutted when he left to join Stuttgart in order to (successfully) try and force himself into Germany's 2006 World cup team but it obviously worked out well for him there as he won a Bundesliga title and became club captain for a time. His later career was blighted by injuries as he bounced between England and the continent. Thomas eventually called time on his career in 2013 due to persistent injury problems. In 2007 he became the most high profile footballer to date to come out as gay.

I have loaded England and Germany as my selected leagues (down to the Conference and 3 Liga respectively) and will begin unemployed. I have used the in-game editor to rename the real Thomas Hitzlsperger who is a coach in the database and set all his attributes to one so I'm unlikely to ever encounter him. I also used the in-game editor to give me the correct amount of international caps, global reputation, languages (German & English) and favoured personnel (Arne Friedrich & Philip Lahm) All my attributes are in line with that of the Hitzlsperger in the default database.

I ave some personal goals to work towards in this career;
  • Manage Bayern Munich (Thomas's boyhood team)
  • Manage German national team
  • Win Premier League & Bundesliga
  • Win the Euros & World Cup.
As of day one there are three jobs available, Leicester City, Port Vale and Eastleigh. The defending champions seems an unrealistic first club for a untested manager so I'm going to give Leicester a miss, hounestly I can't say the other two appeal to me so I'm going to bide my time and hopefully a more exciting club will come along. I have no preference between starting in England or Germany so we shall see.

What a saint Jermain Defoe has been throughout all of this btw, really made that little lad's last few months on Earth special

Yeah, huge respect for Defoe for the way he's supported the poor boy over the last six months or so.

Horrible for anybody to suffer through cancer but a six year old is just even more tragic, I honestly don't know how I'd cope if my two year old little girl became seriously ill.

RIP
Hello All, long time no see! I've not had much time to play FM in recent times due to working six days and my young family constraining my ability to relax and get into a save, however I think I have found a challenge that could last a long time even if progress might be a little slow at times.

I've recently started a new job setting-up and running a shop in Loughborough, despite only being about ten miles from where I live currently I just never got round to visiting Loughborough more than a couple of times since moving to Leicestershire almost ten years ago now. However since starting work here I have to say I really like the town and am already considering moving if the shop does well. As those of you who have known me on this board for a long time will know, I love my non-league football, so I will need a new team;

There are two main teams playing in the town, Loughborough Dynamo are in step step four of the non-league pyramid and the University side are in step five, so I decided to go with the Students to see how far I can take them. Lets be clear from the start, I don't have any far fetched ambitions of winning the Champions League with them, due to the nature of a Uni side they will forever remain amateur so I will never be able to spend money on a player, either through transfer fees or wages and will be totally reliant on finding free agents and developing my regens. It also means that I will never receive a penny in player sales as no player will ever have a written contract that can be brought out so to make money I shall rely mostly on ticket sales.

Loughborough uni is a renowned for it's sports facilities with many Olympic athletes training there, FM reflects this with our impressive training facilities;

My aim will be to use any money I do make to improve the youth coaching and facilities so we can train high quality youngsters.

In order to achieve realism I will not be signing anybody over the age of 23. My main objective is to overtake our rivals Loughborough Dynamo who are one level above us and see what happens from there. Despite our amateur status the media have actually made us favourates to win the Midland Football League this season;

That is assuming that our current squad stays together, which it is highly unlikely to;

I can't get upset when my best players leave for nothing as the entire purpose of a university is to prepare players for bigger and better things, I have to establish the mindset of being a youth development coach and focus on preparing replacements in the reserves who are ready to fill the gaps left.

Fuck Ramos. Twat.
Game over?

Feel for Buffon.
Somebody is going to get sent off before this ones over.
Have to say it has been a great game so far.
Congratulations Huddersfield. I imagine Terriersmad will have a sore head tomorrow.