Already playing ? Get these essential add ons to enhance the game Want updated squads for FM19? We have the worlds biggest FM2019 Data Update. 5 minutes ago
kingrobbo commented on: please someone help me with custom start date
hectorfg35 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
hectorfg35 added a download: Compostela Teampack
Baked_Bean2nd commented on: please someone help me with custom start date
Baked_Bean2nd added a topic: please someone help me with custom start date
HockeyBhoy commented on: Now I would walk 500 miles...
A new version of our data update was released with 520828 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 318027 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 26808 changes from 166 contributors.
hammer9 commented on: SS Template Thread
kingrobbo commented on: Custom Football Manager Start Date, Fixtures, League table & results
papiss commented on: Custom Football Manager Start Date, Fixtures, League table & results
brookie14022 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
mons commented on: FM2019 Real Names and German National Team Fix File for FM19 v3.0 [released 01/03/2019]
neoh commented on: Request Thread (FANTASY, ALTERNATIVE and ANYTHING NOT IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
CoolAsh3000 commented on: FM2019 Real Names and German National Team Fix File for FM19 v3.0 [released 01/03/2019]
A new version of our data update was released with 520832 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 318013 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 26792 changes from 166 contributors.
Hajdu─Źki sin commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
HRiddick commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
HRiddick added a download: Eredivisie Mixpack Mixpack
weeniehutjr commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
xfredxz commented on: My win and draw icons have changed color, how do I fix?
xfredxz added a topic: My win and draw icons have changed color, how do I fix?
A new version of our data update was released with 318001 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 26758 changes from 166 contributors.
Footygamer added a video: Building A Nation - Polonia Warszawa - S3-E5 Youth Intake + Goal Of The Save | Football Manager 2019
Lebohang Mokoena commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
pupuli Comments
Francesco Totti has said over the past few weeks that he might continue his career. He has left Roma but might play in the MLS for instance (Miami?).
- This database is for FM14, it will not work properly with FM13 or FM15
- You must play with the latest Steam version, I can't say if other versions would work
- If other databases are activated, they are likely to conflict.
- The file downloaded is compressed, you have to unzip it as described above, otherwise it will not work

I can't say much more than that on my end, this sums up most issues people have had in the past. England does work with this database, I assure you.

You must have selected another database along with this one causing them to conflict.
Thanks for the download, however allot of updates is missing, like Falcao, Di Maria, Blind, Bendtner, Cambiasso, Agger, Welbeck, Hernandez and lots more

Which file did you download? The one in the original post or the last one I linked?

I already mentioned I had to drop the update in late July as my computer stopped working, hard to keep updating the file since you'll admit, but someone told me they pursued the update and I linked his file a little earlier in the thread. Couldn't try it myself though, so I don't know what it's worth.
If I download the update linked, what do I have to do with it to get it working please?

Do the same as for the other file, and when you load a new game, tick the new update but not the old one.
Can't get this working.

I place the XML file where you say, but when asked to choose which database to run the only options are the Sports Interactive official ones.

Any help appreciated.

The directory is "Football Manager 2013", not "fm13" like I wrote in my post to make it short. Might solve your problem.

While I'm at it, someone (jomo023) has continued my work (and LFCMarshall's) for an updated database. I'd like to have some people try the new file out and give feedback before I update the whole thread myself though. Here is the download link.
double post...

For most Mac users, the name alone is the problem. For some, as was reported to me on other websites, it comes from a facepack or something of the like that makes the game buggy. For some others of course it is just their computer being bad, but you already assessed that isn't your case.

I can't say much to help you other than that. All I know for a fact is that the database should run fine on every computer - though of course it isn't up to date anymore. There hasn't been a true and complete dysfunctionment reported to me yet, as there shouldn't be one: databases can't cause the game to crash.

For Mac users, the problem comes from the name of the file. Delete the ' in "lonelyknight's" and it will work.

As for the rest, I mentioned somewhere else that my computer broke late July, so I wasn't able to continue updating the file. But half done is better than nothing, isn't it?

Hello,
Have you checked in game with the latest update?
There is a Portuguese helping me with Portugal, I'd tend to think he has it covered already.
There has been one a couple days ago. Unless a major deal happens, I easily take a few days to make the next update
I can't select spanish league, im using fm 2013

But the other leagues, perfect Thanks!

Are you sure this update is the only one you have activated?
Good to know mate! It probably caused you a problem because you have a Mac, works fine on Windows. Anyway, I'll probably change the name of the file in the next update to avoid any problem of the kind. Thanks for letting me know!

PS : Costa is not yet at Chelsea in the update, as it hasn't been made official yet. But nothing prevents you from buying him, he has a reasonable release clause

ok so if i just use the summer 2014 update it works fine. The other file looks like it has more transfers so is probably newer and maybe has costa and cesc to chelsea etc? it does however crash fm2013 so isn't much good...is this correct? I'd love to start with a bang up to date db as per you images!

Well, let's make it simple: delete both files, then download the file again.

Otherwise, both of your files work individually fine with FM13, they only conflict if used simultaneously. Best is to have the newest file to have the newest transfers and modifications. So do what I said above and you'll have today's update.
hello i've got two files and both are selected...one islonelyknight's Summer 2014 Update.xml and the other is Summer 2014 Update.xml and both are part of the download. I have no other update files. Should both be selected or just one?

Yep, there is your problem: "Summer 2014 Update.xml" is an old update, so using both makes it conflict. Delete the file, or at least use only the latest one.

I congratulate you. You did great, I have found nothing wrong. I finished the first season with PSG. Keep it up!

Thank you! Glad you enjoy!

In today's update, mostly some CA/PA changes that I felt were wrong. I hope it is still balanced.

Well, that's weird then. Do you use any other database combined to this one? And do you use the SI 13.3.0 Update?
love the update but for some reason you can't select the spanish or dutch leagues! I'm guessing you haven't changed the teams in there yet as both say there are not enough teams to start the league!

Are you using the update for FM14 or FM13? Should work fine on FM13 (as intended) but indeed, it causes this particular problem on FM14.

Also France is unplayable with FM14 if I recall correctly. Though if you're only interested in the Premier League or some others that still work, I guess you can use the update with FM14 too. I believe the problem comes from the change in league format in those countries from FM13 to FM14.

As many of you, I'm sure, I've stuck with FM13 and I've been orphan of an updated database since LFCMarshall stopped them to focus on FM14. Since then, I've worked on his database to keep it up to date for FM13. It of course includes promotions, relegations, PA/CA changes, transfers, retirements, players/managers career plans, etc. Special thanks to LFCMarshall for his work and permission to share this database with you.

I'll keep updating the file regularly until at least FM15's release. Feel free to drop suggestions for me to implement in future releases.

Last updated: 26/07/2014

Known issues:
- Loans may still be in effect
- Minor leagues may not been updated. Only England, Spain, France, Italy, Germany and Portugal have been so far.
- League format changes haven't been implemented, as it is a real pain in the ass to edit (you basically have to redo all of the league rules from scratch). So, for example, there are still 20 teams in the National (French 3rd tier) instead of 18, which led to some teams being arbitrarily promoted.

Download link: http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/11796/lonelyknights-summer-2014-update