FM 2018 release date announced, plus a pre-order discount of upto 31% Want updated squads? We have the worlds biggest FM2017 Data Update. 41 minutes ago
hammer9 commented on: latest FM17 Data download...
TheMinsterman commented on: latest FM17 Data download...
A new version of our data update was released with 711864 changes from 716 contributors.
Cymro commented on: latest FM17 Data download...
Tatavo commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
Tatavo added a download: Radnicki Nis Teampack
hammer9 commented on: latest FM17 Data download...
hammer9 added a topic: latest FM17 Data download...
bakizp commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
A new version of our data update was released with 711719 changes from 714 contributors.
Rob added a image: From the bottom to the top in 13 years
Rob added a image: Seems legit
Rob added a image: You've had a hard life haven't you Miguel
Rob added a image: When you get upgraded from a Park to an Arena, both in your name.
Rob added a image: So Bacca i'm going to fine you 2 weeks wages? Not fair? Life's not fair.
Rob added a image: When your barber is from GTA San Andreas
Rob added a image: This guy needs new strikers
Rob added a image: Add to shortlist > Government watch list
Rob added a image: Fancy a change of career?
Rob added a image: 🎶 It's been a bad day, please don't take my picture 🎶
Snipe2irt commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
Snipe2irt added a download: Brighton Teampack
Rob added a image: 19th after 37 games and this happens on the final day
Rob added a image: Just a 35 year old Dirk Kuyt scoring 50 goals in a season
Rob added a image: Schrodinger's FM feature, it is both a bug and realistic at the same time
Rob added a image: This kids parents loved the Skyrim soundtrack
r96Skinner commented on: Journeyman's Journey
Rob added a image: When the lads are annoyed about an 81st minute penalty
Rob added a image: I guess he can do a job
Rob added a image: Benjamin Doernhoefer, absolute madlad with his holidays
r96Skinner Comments
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

2027 - Back In A Job:
After getting sacked by South Korean club Bucheon last time out, I instantly go in search of a new job to get back into the swing of things. I wouldn't have minded waiting a few months if needed, but there were quite a few jobs available that interested me so there was no need for a break. I still wanted to stay in Asia, so no new leagues have been added.

Numerous jobs were open, but three took my interest.

A| Mohun Bagan (I-League, India)

B| Qingdao Huanghai (First Division, China)

C| South China (Premier League, Hong Kong)

Mohun Bagan were the first club to get back to my application. India is definitely a place I'd like to manage one day, but I chose to decline this (after a delay) as I was feeling one of the other two jobs more. So now it was between the Chinese second tier or the Hong Kong top-flight; a place I know well after big success with Eastern between 2023 and 2026. Qingdao Huanghai are in the middle of their season, sitting extremely comfortably in the top two promotion places with only a half of the season left. South China's season has just ended, with the club claiming their fifth Premier League title.

The Huanghai job was the most obvious choice, but my gut feeling was to take the South China job as I really enjoyed Hong Kong football when I was with Eastern. It was a tricky decision, but as Huanghai took too long to get back to me and South China offered me the job almost instantly I decided to make a return to the autonomous territory of China.

Mohun Bagan Delay:

South China Offer:

Delighted to return to Hong Kong. South China is my new job. If all goes well, my plan is to stay for just one season, hopefully achieve success, and leave at the end of the campaign for a return to one of Asia's top two nations (China or South Korea) as that's where I need to be. However, for now, I'm excited for the new season which starts in a few months. A full pre-season, start from scratch in all the competitions and, to top it off, AFC Champions League to come at the start of 2028. The perfect job for this moment, I feel.

New South China Manager:

Once two months of competitive action has been completed, I'll return with another update. Thanks for reading!

Career so far:
2016–2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) | (Singapore/1) | Trophies: 3 / Awards: n/a / Promotions: n/a / Relegations: n/a. resigned
2018–2023 | Persib | (Indonesia/1) | Trophies: 3 / Awards: 9 / Promotions: 0 / Relegations: 0. resigned
2023–2026 | Eastern | (Hong Kong/1) | Trophies: 6 / Awards: n/a / Promotions: n/a / Relegations: 0. resigned
2026–2027 | Bucheon | (South Korea/1+2) | Trophies: 1 / Awards: 0 / Promotions: 1 / Relegations: 0. sacked
2027– | South China | (Hong Kong/1) | Trophies: 0 / Awards: 0 / Promotions: 0 / Relegations: 0.

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

2026 | Bucheon -- (South Korea) K League Challenge.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.

Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

2027 - July (kind of):
As read in the previous post, we were facing tough times with Bucheon in South Korea. Rooted to the bottom of the K League Classic, facing almost certain relegation coupled with high pressure from the board and supporters. This is July's update. You can probably guess what has happened.

Fixtures:

Table:

I've been sacked! The first time in this ten year career, I had previously only resigned. Real sad it didn't work out, wanted to help build Bucheon into a stable top-flight club. However, it didn't go to plan as I couldn't help them do so. It's worth nothing that in their previous three campaigns in the save in the K League Classic, they've been relegated in similarly poor manners each time. A club seemingly too good for the K League Challenge but not quite good enough for the K League Classic. The board scheduled a meeting straight after the convincing defeat to Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors. They wanted me to achieve seven points within the next five games. Plain and simply - never going to happen; we only got eight points from the last twenty-two games! I refused to accept their demands and was subsequently sacked.

Bucheon is now my shortest tenure at a club, a grand one year and five days. Quite the turbulent short spell, a title and promotion in my first season in-which I joined halfway through and sacked halfway through my second campaign.

Board Meeting:

Board Demands:

Sacked:

Shame! However, I haven't rested on my laurels as I am already in a new job. That will be discussed in the next post, thanks for reading!

Career so far:

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

2026 | Bucheon -- (South Korea) K League Challenge.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

2027 - May and June:
We find ourselves bottom of the table after eight matches, losing seven and drawing one in the top-flight of South Korean football with Bucheon in 2027. In this post, we take on what May and June has to offer as we go in search for win number one.

Fixtures:

Table:

We've improved ever so slightly in these two months, managing to pick up two (two!) wins from ten league matches. The first coming against Jeju United, Kim Shin grabbing a stellar hat-trick. Scoreline flattered us but I wasn't at all bothered. The other was versus Seongnam, a relegation rival. We were superb that day, deserving of the points. Apart from that, it has been much more of the same to be honest. Nine defeats overall, with one those coming in the cup to lower division opposition but I threw that game away with a reserve line-up; league the ultra main focus.

As you can see, the final game of this set of fixtures was to our closest rivals - Anyang. A late, late goal condemned us to defeat, probably all but relegating us in the process despite fifteen matches remaining. We sit bottom, eight points off of the relegation play-off and nine points off complete safety. It has been tough! It has began to take a toll on my board relationship, with my job status dropping to insecure since before the Pohang Steelers match. Very surprised I didn't get sacked after the Anyang loss. I hope I can turn it around, but wouldn't be surprised to see myself out the job in months if not weeks.

Right at the beginning of the two months, that takeover was made official. Nothing has changed either way since, so it's as if it never happened!

Job Security:

Takeover:

Thanks for reading! I'll return after two more months of action - if I survive that long!

Career so far:
2026– | Bucheon | (South Korea/1+2) | Trophies: 1 / Awards: 0 / Promotions: 1 / Relegations: 0.

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

2026 | Bucheon -- (South Korea) K League Challenge.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

2027 - January to April:
Six months later, this returns. Took an long, unplanned break from FM17 without even realising, but have got back in the mood for it recently. I stopped playing in the build-up to the 2027 season, in the K League Classic after promotion from KL Challenge in 2026 with Bucheon. I hadn't planned to stop, but just got bored with the game in all honesty and found other things to keep me busy. Find it crazy it's been six months though! Only recently did I even remember the game existed. This website probably played a key part, always enjoy doing these posts - more than playing the game sometimes!

Fixtures:

Table:

Transfers:

It has been a tough opening to the K League Classic for me and Bucheon, as expected. It was always going to be the toughest season of my career, I've been used to winning trophies between 2017 and 2027 in Asia's low ranking divisions but now it's serious in one of the continent's top leagues. Despite this, it's where I wanna be. Must turn it around soon, though.

Pre-season went well, as did the signings I felt. Eight games have been played, we've lost seven of those with the other match being a credible draw against Ulsan Hyundai. We've got battered handsomely by Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors, Seoul and especially Jeonnam Dragons. We actually played well in the matches versus Gangwon (leaders at the time) and Pohang Steelers but narrowly lost out. The table doesn't make for pleasant reading, with the team six points from safety already. It isn't looking good, but we still have time to turn it around.

Few other notable things to happen are:
Takeover Talks: Our chairman is reportedly looking to step aside, no huge news in regard to this but one to keep an eye on.

400 Games Reached: The one-goal loss to Pohang was my 400th game in management. Nice.

The board expectation is to avoid relegation, so that is and has always been the aim. Their current confidence in me is stable. That's all from me, thanks for reading!

Career so far:

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

2026 | Bucheon -- (South Korea) K League Challenge.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Sensational final comeback @Dan! In terms of what next, I think any option would be fun but I'd go with C. Try to win the Super Cup and Club WC, then maybe retire the save? I wouldn't mind either way though, enjoyable save to follow.
Harsh sacking, for sure.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Difficult start there @chokosc. Best of luck not losing 10-0 to Maccabi Haifa!

Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

End of Season 1 with Bucheon:
In this update, my first (half a) season with South Korean second tier club Bucheon comes to an end. We are in a fight for promotion. Coming into this we sat in second place, one point behind leaders and automatic promotion place holders Anyang; we sit in a play-off spot but only four points clear of fifth place Goyang Zaicro. The aim is top spot, but if not that then we must claim a play-off place at the very least.

Gwangju gave us our first test of September 2026, a test that ended in a goalless draw; not much else to say about that, bore draw. One of the two strugglers were up next, Sangju. They and Asan, who face us in two games time, have been truly atrocious at the bottom of the league with both at least 30-40 points off their nearest challengers. Just like we done before this season, and in truth most of the teams have, we battered them to ease to a 0–3 win. Daejeon Citizen played us next and drew with us 1–1, Ahn Tae-Woong grabbing an important late equaliser.

The aforementioned Asan was our next league encounter and we beat them 3–0, just like we did to the other basement club; those two are literally a guaranteed three points, they may as well not turn up. Can't complain though! With those two out the way, only tricky fixtures were left to play; seven games left with us still chasing Anyang. Suwon came to our place on 27 September and we turned them over to win, but it took a 90th-minute goal from Ahn Tae-Woong. A 0–0 tie with Gyeongnam ended September.

Two matches in a couple of days kick started October 2026 with fixtures against Daegu and Chungju Hummel. Daegu gave us a tough match-up but we still managed a deserved 3–1 victory, Kim Shin getting a brace. We struggled to break Chungju Hummel down for the majority but Ahn Tae-Woong stepped up late on to snatch us the three points. Very important win, it guaranteed us a play-off spot but, more importantly, it kept us close to Anyang ahead of a gigantic encounter with them on Matchday 38. Before that, we played our first friendly as Bucheon boss after beating Boin High School 6–1.

The huge encounter with Anyang took place on 21 October at our stadium, a win would put us top of the table with just two games remaining. It was a dramatic fixture. Lee Kang-Hoon gave Anyang a first-half lead, before Lee Myung-Won drew us level on 70 minutes. Nine minutes later, Kim Shin came and scored a go-ahead goal. We led with eleven minutes left to play. However, two minutes before the end of normal time Nam Ha-Neul raced through our defence and smashed a shot past a hapless Kim Young-Jun. 2–2 looked to be a disappointing final score, but more was yet to follow.

As the assistant referee held up his board to show the minutes of stoppage time, the main man since my arrival Ahn Tae-Woong got on the ball and incredibly scored to put us 3–2 ahead with seconds left. It didn't end there though as seconds later Kim Shin punished an obviously all-out attack Anyang team on the counter to make it Bucheon 4–2 Anyang. Enormous, enormous victory! This put us top of the table with two to play. I noticed something important after the match with Anyang.

That was Anyang's penultimate fixture, meaning they only have one more fixture to play this season while we have two. Their final game wasn't until the final day, so our game with Goyang Zaicro fell a week before and it gave us a chance to secure the title and promotion with a victory. Could we take this golden opportunity or will we bottle it?

It was a nervy occasion but, after goals from Ahn-Tae Woong and Kim Chil-Sung, we secured the K League Challenge title and subsequently promotion into the 2027 K League Classic! Champions!! Truly delighted! I didn't think we were going to catch Anyang, as whenever we won they won and when we dropped points so did they. Ahn Tae-Woong's late goals were the difference, he has been outstanding. I love that Kim Chil-Sung's goal won us the title, he was the player I gave a debut to in my first match in charge. What a find!

K League Challenge Winners!!

^^Click "Show Spoiler" before scrolling down. ^^

We still had one fixture left to play, that was against third-place Gwangju. In short, it was a remarkable disaster. We lost by FIVE GOALS TO ZERO! 0–5! I have no idea what happened, thankfully top spot was done and dusted but deary me. What happened? Embarrassing way to end the season, in front of a record attendance too. Poor. At least it meant nothing, though. Funnily enough, Anyang lost on the final day so if we were still chasing the title that 0–5 loss would've been enough. How odd would that have been!

Results:

League Overview:

Past Positions:

That Win vs. Anyang:

That Loss vs. Gwangju:

Record Attendance for Gwangju:

Fantastic first few months with Bucheon in South Korea, only been here since July and we've already won a trophy and a promotion. I can't believe it. Next season will likely be my toughest of the save so far, I've been one of, if not the, best team in the leagues so far whereas next season I'll be one of the worst, I expect. It'll be nice to mix it up, I guess.

Squad statistics can be seen below. Ahn Tae-Woong has been sensational, only nineteen years old. He has scored some gigantic goals for the club this campaign; iirc he was only on two goals/two assists when I joined, he's scored something like sixteen goals in my tenure. Superb! Kim Chil-Sung, my prodigy if you will , has been incredible, no idea why the previous manager(s) hadn't used him. Other than them two, it has been a squad season; loads of players have had good games when others haven't. Good squad.

Talking of Ahn Tae-Woong, he has broken a few records. He scored the most goals in a season for the club and most league goals in a season for the club, as a result he won the league's Player of the Year award and Top Goalscorer of the Year award. Noting awards, the end of season ones have been released. The striker won Fans' Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season, no surprise. Kim Chil-Sung won Goal of the Season.

Lastly, I forgot the mention previously, I went on a coaching course for my Continental B Licence while at Eastern, that is now completed. I doubt I'll be going for my Continental A Licence yet give the club's finances but I'll ask soon.

Squad Statistics:

Ahn Tae-Woong Records:

Ahn Tae-Woong Awards:

End of Season Awards:

Coaching Course Done:

Trophies So Far:

Thanks for reading! Update 3 from Bucheon will arrive after two months of competitive action in 2027. Bring it on!

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

Career so far:

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

2026 | Bucheon -- (South Korea) K League Challenge.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Nice new job And very nice start in the new league!

Looking forward to next update!

Appreciate your comment @b0nb0n. It has been a pretty good start, hopefully we can catch top spot but if not, the play-offs at least.
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

First Matches in South Korea:
Welcome! In this update, I start my new job in South Korea's second tier with Bucheon. Two months of solid league football to focus on, as well as the FA Cup still up for grabs. Coming into this spell, we sat fourth with twenty-three K League Challenge fixtures to play.

My first game in charge of Bucheon was against league leaders Anyang. In what was a very even affair, we came away with a debut point after a stunner from Ahn Tae-Woong earned us a point. Fair result. Goyang Zaicro appeared three days later and I won my first three points as Bucheon boss after a stunning two-minute double from Kim Chil-Sung; a player I gave a career debut to in my first match, he has now become a regular! Gwangju played us on 11 July and, just like Anyang, held us to a 1–1 draw; Kim Shin getting a goal for us.

We had an FA Cup tie up next, versus K League Classic club Ulsan Hyundai. A tricky fifth round match, they sat near the top of the top division. They showed their quality as they eased past us 1–4, it was actually an even game really but they just had too much for us and merited the progression. League action returned with an encounter with second-bottom Sangju, we completely dominated them and won 5–1. Ahn Tae-Woong got a hat-trick in that one, who has been sensational since I joined; some of his goals have been incredible. A big win, pleasing but expected as, as you'll see from the table in a moment, they and Asan (Ansan Mugunghwa in-game) have been horrendously bad this season.

Daejeon Citizen was our following fixture and we managed another simple three points after winning 3–4. Daejeon gave us a few scares, including having a late equaliser ruled out for offside, but in truth it would've been a disgrace if we didn't win that. Just as it would if we didn't come away victorious from our next game, versus bottom team Asan. Like Sangju, we eased to a win after goals from Kim Si-Woo and Ahn Tae-Woong (x2). That rounded off my first competitive month with Bucheon, a pleasant beginning.

August 2026 started with a trip to Suwon, another lowly opponent. Ahn Tae-Woong got yet another goal before Han Sung-Min popped up with number two to send us another win; fourth in a row. We made it five and six in a row as we subsequently got wins against high-flying play-off rivals Gyeongnam and mid-table solid side Daegu; both single goal wins. Our winning run was stopped on 15 August as Chungju Hummel battled well to force a point in a 2–2; Ahn Tae-Woong making sure we didn't lose.

Two more fixtures to go, two important ones. The first was versus leaders Anyang, whom we sat only a few points behind in second; a win would send us top for the first-time in my reign. We did just that as Kim Chil-Sung gave us a lead before a penalty from Ha Sung-Ryong made sure of the points. Top of the table! Sadly, it didn't last long as we lost next time out versus play-off chasers Goyang Zaicro, my first league loss with Bucheon and, in all honestly, it was one hard to take as they scored a late, late undeserved winner. Disappointing.

So, after two months with Bucheon this is how the table looks. We are in second place and one point off table toppers Anyang. An improvement since I joined, for sure, as Bucheon were fourth and seven points off top back in June. It's a tight league though, with only eight points separating first and sixth. Eleven matches are left to play, the board want a play-off final appearance so that will be the minimum expectation but I, of course, am aiming for that automatic promotion place. It'll be tough, though.

Results:

League Overview:

Squad statistics are below. Special mentions to Ahn Tae-Woong (who has set a record for most Player of the Match awards) and Kim Chil-Sung. We made two additions in the transfer window, two loan players. With the finances (see below) so bad, we have nothing to spend in budget so I had to look for cheap loan signings. That I did, and completed temporary moves for Derek McGahon (RB) and Im Jong-Hyuk (GK). Both likely back-ups, but both look capable to be starting.

Squad Statistics:

Ahn Tae-Woong Record:

Kim Chil-Sung:

Transfers:

Finances:

One final note. My first few months have gone pretty well on the pitch, but it has been quite challenging off it. When I joined the club, multiple players were unhappy due to the club's recent (well, "recent" being a season ago) relegation and wanted to leave as a result. At least six players have come to me moaning, all oddly crucial first-team players - how strange. Three of them I managed to turn around, but three others it didn't go so well.

Shim Sung-Nam, Yoo Hyun-Ho and Paulinho all didn't take my interactions well and have since turned on me, as well as cohering others to join a mutiny. Thankfully, I managed to convince the squad I was right but the aforementioned players still aren't happy. They've subsequently been dropped to the Under-18s. We haven't needed them and squad harmony has improved with no moans for around a month. The board still mention it in the confidence message, but as long as we keep performing on the pitch it shouldn't matter; plus all three of those player's contracts expiry in a few months.

Squad Dissenters Dropped:

Board Confidence:

First two months with Bucheon done! I have enjoyed it, despite the off-field early issues. The next update will come at the end of the season in two and a bit months (in game). Hopeful for promotion. Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

Career so far:
2026– | Bucheon | (South Korea/2) | Trophies: 0 / Awards: 0 / Promotions: 0 / Relegations: 0.

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Interesting. I'd say new stadium @edallen2.

My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Big win against Chelsea, @Uıpnʞ Sɹnds! Title race not over!
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Unlucky in the Shield, @Dan. Let's hope you can grab that Champions League trophy this season.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Too easy! Excellent few months, @Cymro. Emenike doing well. Love the Anderson signing!

My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Same thoughts as @DNZY from me, @Shedender. Very unfortunate. Hope to see you return soon!
Quality season @edallen2!

Thank you @Prometheuss!
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

Job Hunt:
After leaving Eastern at the end of the 2025–26 season, we are on the hunt for a new job. After successful spells in Singapore (with Albirex Niigata S), in Indonesia (with Persib) and in Hong Kong (with Eastern) I am aiming to get a job in one of Asia's top leagues; ideally in China or South Korea. We, one way or another, will have a job soon.

I left Eastern on 1 June 2026. Plenty of jobs were open all around Asia, but with my aim to get a Chinese or South Korean job I had to be patient. Around three or four Chinese second tier teams were without a manager, Chengdu Qianbao being one but they sit quite far adrift at the bottom of the table so I didn't fancy that one. Two other available jobs were Hebei Elite (Hebei Jingying in game) and Dalian Transcendence (Dalian Chaoyue in game). Hebei's fans actually laughed me off when I applied, but the club offered me an interview. Their finances are described as "Rich" and in the interview, the board mentioned a potential £20m transfer budget. Safe to say, I wanted this job!

Sadly, I didn't get it. They gave the job to someone else. Disappointing, they are struggling but it would've been a nice project. Next, Dalian came back to be and offered me the job after a successful interview. I was happy with this offer, but a few other job vacancies took my eye so I decided to delay Dalian, to which they agreed. Two other clubs caught my attention, one in China (tier two) and one in South Korea (tier two). Tianjin TEDA (CHN) and Bucheon (KOR) were the teams.

Tianjin sit near the bottom in the China League One, but they, I'd say, are at least a mid-table Chinese Super League team languishing at the wrong end of League One. I'd love to be able to turn them around and get them back to the Super League, at least. On the other hand, Bucheon is also an intriguing prospect. They were formed in 2007, they are fan-owned after a relocation of a previous team; à la AFC Wimbledon. They sit fourth in the K League Challenge, occupying a play-off spot. So, a struggling sleeping club or an up-and-coming fan-owned club; or even a basic, Chinese team in Dalian.

I ended up joining...

Bucheon FC 1995 in South Korea! Bucheon for short. This job interested me just that little bit more, plus they sit in a much better league position.

Bucheon Manager:

Job Search: Hebei Elite:

Job Search: Dalian Transcendence:

Job Search: Tianjin TEDA:

Job Search: Bucheon FC 1995:

As I mentioned, my new club Bucheon sit fourth in the K League Challenge in South Korea. 23 matches left to play, we currently place in the final play-off spot and are seven points off the automatic promotion place; which Anyang occupy, we face them in my first game in charge. We are still in the FA Cup, too. The clubs finances are pretty woeful, described as "Insecure". Not good, but hopefully we can help rebuild this club off the pitch as well as improving them on it. I'm excited.

Results and Fixtures:

League Overview:

Squad Statistics:

Thanks for following! The first update with Bucheon will be on 1 September 2026, after a minimal of thirteen fixtures have been played.

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

Career so far:
2026– | Bucheon | (South Korea/2) | Trophies: 0 / Awards: 0 / Promotions: 0 / Relegations: n/a.

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
It drove me bloody mad

I know that feeling!
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Severely frustrating season there, @VP.! Hopefully you can bounce back instantly.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Wow, what a match. Unlucky though, @Matthew C.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Outstanding. Well done on the quadruple once again @Dan.
Congrats!
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Well done on securing a play-off place @Jamie3, hopefully you won't need it though!
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Superb season that @r96Skinner well done!

Thanks! It certainly was, @Dan! Happy with how it went. Appreciate you commenting.
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

Three Months, 16 Matches, Four Competitions:
Welcome back to my Journeyman's Journey career. In this post, the 2025–26 seasons reaches its climax in Hong Kong with Eastern. We have sixteen matches to play across four competitions, which are as follows: Premier League, AFC Cup, FA Cup and League Cup. Just like the January and February update, a lot of fixtures coming thick and fast.

March 2026 started with defeat as Southern District beat us 2–0. A few days later we returned to winning ways in the league with a narrow one-nil win over Hong Kong Rangers - that was our first win in the league after five without one. After that, we met Myanmar club Yangon United in our second AFC Cup, Group G encounter. We managed a 1–1 draw with Leung Nok Hang popping up with a goal. Another draw followed, in the league, next time out as we were frustratingly held to a 1–1 with bottom of the table Hong Kong.

Matchday 3 in the AFC Cup came quick on the heels of the Hong Kong fixture, Pyongyang City of North Korea visited us and took a point back home as we tied 0–0. Three days later, the League Cup semi-final with South China arrived. We were a goal down until the 88th-minute when Chan Ho Yin, recently back from fairly long term injury, equalised to send it to extra time. We won it after extra time as Chan Ho Yin grabbed a dramatic winner on 120 minutes, seconds before the penalty shoot-out. All those fixtures fell in March, which we rounded off with a friendly victory over Fire Services.

The first weekend of April gave us an FA Cup semi-final with Pegasus, after making it into the League Cup final we were looking for an FA Cup final berth too. However, it wasn't to be as we ridiculously lost 3–4 to the aforementioned Pegasus. iirc we were 1–3 ahead at one point before collapsing to lose 3–4. Southern District in the league followed, the second meet in a month with them in the Premier League but, unlike at the beginning of March, we beat them; 1–0. Next, the League Cup final! We faced Metro Gallery in the 2026 League Cup final, aiming to win my second League Cup title after triumphing back in 2024.

We triumphed again as we eased to a 1–4 victory, goals coming from Chan Chun Lok, Darren Whitehead, Chan Ho Yin and Yeung Chun Hung I. What a win! Champions!!

League Cup Winners:

^^Click "Show Spoiler" before scrolling down. ^^

Just days after that League Cup final, we were back in AFC Cup action with a hosting of former club Persib. In what was an even affair, they won to get back-to-back wins over me and Eastern. Elimination from Group G was looking likely at this stage, but we still had two games to come to salvage it. Before the first of those two final AFC Cup games, we had consecutive Premier League fixtures to focus on with the title still a real possibility.

On 21 April and 25 April, we faced Sun Hei and Tai Po respectively in two crucial matches. Darren Whitehead and Yeung Chun Hung I got on the scoresheet to help us beat Sun Hei, before our main man Chan Ho Yin got the only goal of the game versus Tai Po. This put us two points clear of, quite a few, rivals in a very tight title race. One game to go! Returning to AFC Cup, we played Yangon United on Matchday 5 and secured a vital victory by winning 1–3 in Myanmar, Yeung Chun Hung I grabbing a brace.

May features two matches, and two very big matches; both last day encounters. The first a league match with Yau Tsim Mong, the second an AFC Cup match in North Korea with Pyongyang City. How did we get on? Kitchee, our closest title rivals, played their last match of the season unfairly a day before us, and got three points meaning we had to beat Yau Tsim Mong...

...which we did - in style! A 1–4 win away from home makes us 2025–26 Premier League champions!! Absolutely brilliant. I did not expect to win the title, given the mad fixture pile-up but we found form at just the right time; helped by a few slip ups by other sides. It was a very tight race, top six were all close together for the majority. Delighted! Back-to-back Hong Kong Premier League titles, my fifth league trophy in the career and the club's fifth overall (a record). Third trophy of the season, along with the Senior Challenge Shield and League Cup.

Premier League Champions!

^^Click "Show Spoiler" before scrolling down. ^^

How about that AFC Cup showdown with Pyongyang City?

Well, that sadly didn't go to plan as, after a 3–1 loss in North Korea, we were eliminated on the final day. Disappointing, I would've liked to go further but hey-ho.

AFC Cup Elimination:

^^Click "Show Spoiler" before scrolling down. ^^

Results:

League Overview:

Competitions Overview:

Squad statistics as usual are below. In a season full of chop n' change, a lot of players got game time. My star man was Yeung Chun Hung I, nine goals and twenty (20!) assists. Outstanding! Chan Chun Lok (12 goals, 7 assists) and, of course, Chan Ho Yin (21 goals, 3 assists) were also fantastic, amongst a few others.

Squad Statistics:

Records broken and awards aplenty. Few notable ones: Chan Chun Lok broke the club's all-time appearance record with 130 apps. Chan Ho Yin broke the club's goalscoring record with 21 goals. Yeung Chun Hung I, as expected, broke the club's assist record - he won Footballer of the Year as well. As mentioned a moment ago, Eastern's five titles is a new league record.

Eastern Record - Most Appearances (Chan Chun Lok):

Eastern Record - Most Goals in a Season (Chan Ho Yin):

Eastern Record - Most Assists (Yeung Chun Hung I):

Premier League Record - Most Titles Won (Eastern):

Premier League Award - Footballer of the Year (Yeung Chun Heung I):

Premier League Award - Team of the Month (April):

Premier League Award - Fans' and Players' Player of the Year (Yeung Chun Hung I):

Premier League Award - Best XI (2025–26):

Eastern Awards - End of Season:

On a couple of occasions, the board offered me contract talks which I rejected, pending the end of the season as I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay. Now the seasons is over, I have made the decision. I have chosen to resign as Eastern manager immediately. With the season over and all the competitions managed in, with six trophies in the bag, I feel it's the correct time to depart.

Contract Talks:

Resignation:

Hong Kong spell finished. My future plan is to get a job in China, South Korea or, less likely, Australia. I believe it's time to enter one of Asia's big leagues after ten years in the surrounding middle level leagues. I hope I can get a top division job in China or South Korea, but would be willing to join a second tier team. If that's not possible, then I may join another non-elite league; ideally India or Malaysia. Priority is China or South Korea though. The job search will commence in the next update.

Thank you for reading!

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

Career so far:

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.

My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
St. Joseph's got EL due to Lincoln winning the Rock Cup. Not sure whether the places can change from time to time in Gibraltar.

Ah. I see! Hopefully you can qualify for it next season.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Much better end to the season, @DNZY. Shame about no Europa League, did St. Joseph's get UEL for finishing second (like they would do in real life, according to Wikipedia)?
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Good start to the season, @Jamie3!
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Gavin Harris signed up? Shame you couldn't tempt Santiago Muñez to join as well.