Already playing FM2017? Download these essential enhancements for your game! Buy FM2017 now. Get a FREE copy of FM Touch 2017 for Steam with tablet cross-play! 3 minutes ago
StakkioMCFC commented on: Request Thread
Belfemor commented on: Does anybody have the FM15 official database update by sortitoutsi?
DNZY commented on: Transfer Rumours 2017/18
Ogaburan commented on: Dolphins in the Poole
bolid74 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
markj commented on: Standard Fantasy/Request Logo only (NO PACKS) Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 235995 changes from 303 contributors.
Suffolk Seasider commented on: Transfer Rumours 2017/18
Dan commented on: Transfer Rumours 2017/18
Suffolk Seasider commented on: Transfer Rumours 2017/18
Carroll. commented on: Transfer Rumours 2017/18
vonreichsm commented on: FM 2017 FLUT skin dark - 2.8 (updated)
A new version of our data update was released with 235990 changes from 303 contributors.
DNZY commented on: Climbing Jacob's Ladder (Part Deux)
A new version of our data update was released with 235947 changes from 303 contributors.
Aivaras Butkus commented on: FM17 Megapack 233 Updates by claassen (Final Pack)
Suffolk Seasider commented on: 2017/18 Champions League
Suffolk Seasider commented on: Tonges' Journey Around the World [FM17]
WT_Franjo commented on: Franjo: A Journeyman Story
WT_Franjo commented on: Franjo: A Journeyman Story
A new version of our data update was released with 235743 changes from 303 contributors.
Dan commented on: Susie On Tour - #1 Stop The Drop
mons commented on: Climbing Jacob's Ladder (Part Deux)
A new version of our data update was released with 235700 changes from 303 contributors.
mons commented on: Megapack - Home thread - FM17 Megapack - 9.08 OUT NOW [23/06/2017]
Vladimirchan commented on: Susie On Tour - #1 Stop The Drop
Myles clements commented on: Susie On Tour - #1 Stop The Drop
BA81 commented on: 3D Template Kits Thread
Rob added a image: Starting to see where Guardiola was coming from in letting Hart go
Rob added a image: All that TV money and Everton forget to pay the electricity bill?
r96Skinner Comments
Sensational final comeback @Dan! In terms of what next, I think any option would be fun but I'd go with C. Try to win the Super Cup and Club WC, then maybe retire the save? I wouldn't mind either way though, enjoyable save to follow.
Harsh sacking, for sure.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Difficult start there @chokosc. Best of luck not losing 10-0 to Maccabi Haifa!

Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

End of Season 1 with Bucheon:
In this update, my first (half a) season with South Korean second tier club Bucheon comes to an end. We are in a fight for promotion. Coming into this we sat in second place, one point behind leaders and automatic promotion place holders Anyang; we sit in a play-off spot but only four points clear of fifth place Goyang Zaicro. The aim is top spot, but if not that then we must claim a play-off place at the very least.

Gwangju gave us our first test of September 2026, a test that ended in a goalless draw; not much else to say about that, bore draw. One of the two strugglers were up next, Sangju. They and Asan, who face us in two games time, have been truly atrocious at the bottom of the league with both at least 30-40 points off their nearest challengers. Just like we done before this season, and in truth most of the teams have, we battered them to ease to a 0–3 win. Daejeon Citizen played us next and drew with us 1–1, Ahn Tae-Woong grabbing an important late equaliser.

The aforementioned Asan was our next league encounter and we beat them 3–0, just like we did to the other basement club; those two are literally a guaranteed three points, they may as well not turn up. Can't complain though! With those two out the way, only tricky fixtures were left to play; seven games left with us still chasing Anyang. Suwon came to our place on 27 September and we turned them over to win, but it took a 90th-minute goal from Ahn Tae-Woong. A 0–0 tie with Gyeongnam ended September.

Two matches in a couple of days kick started October 2026 with fixtures against Daegu and Chungju Hummel. Daegu gave us a tough match-up but we still managed a deserved 3–1 victory, Kim Shin getting a brace. We struggled to break Chungju Hummel down for the majority but Ahn Tae-Woong stepped up late on to snatch us the three points. Very important win, it guaranteed us a play-off spot but, more importantly, it kept us close to Anyang ahead of a gigantic encounter with them on Matchday 38. Before that, we played our first friendly as Bucheon boss after beating Boin High School 6–1.

The huge encounter with Anyang took place on 21 October at our stadium, a win would put us top of the table with just two games remaining. It was a dramatic fixture. Lee Kang-Hoon gave Anyang a first-half lead, before Lee Myung-Won drew us level on 70 minutes. Nine minutes later, Kim Shin came and scored a go-ahead goal. We led with eleven minutes left to play. However, two minutes before the end of normal time Nam Ha-Neul raced through our defence and smashed a shot past a hapless Kim Young-Jun. 2–2 looked to be a disappointing final score, but more was yet to follow.

As the assistant referee held up his board to show the minutes of stoppage time, the main man since my arrival Ahn Tae-Woong got on the ball and incredibly scored to put us 3–2 ahead with seconds left. It didn't end there though as seconds later Kim Shin punished an obviously all-out attack Anyang team on the counter to make it Bucheon 4–2 Anyang. Enormous, enormous victory! This put us top of the table with two to play. I noticed something important after the match with Anyang.

That was Anyang's penultimate fixture, meaning they only have one more fixture to play this season while we have two. Their final game wasn't until the final day, so our game with Goyang Zaicro fell a week before and it gave us a chance to secure the title and promotion with a victory. Could we take this golden opportunity or will we bottle it?

It was a nervy occasion but, after goals from Ahn-Tae Woong and Kim Chil-Sung, we secured the K League Challenge title and subsequently promotion into the 2027 K League Classic! Champions!! Truly delighted! I didn't think we were going to catch Anyang, as whenever we won they won and when we dropped points so did they. Ahn Tae-Woong's late goals were the difference, he has been outstanding. I love that Kim Chil-Sung's goal won us the title, he was the player I gave a debut to in my first match in charge. What a find!

K League Challenge Winners!!

^^Click "Show Spoiler" before scrolling down. ^^

We still had one fixture left to play, that was against third-place Gwangju. In short, it was a remarkable disaster. We lost by FIVE GOALS TO ZERO! 0–5! I have no idea what happened, thankfully top spot was done and dusted but deary me. What happened? Embarrassing way to end the season, in front of a record attendance too. Poor. At least it meant nothing, though. Funnily enough, Anyang lost on the final day so if we were still chasing the title that 0–5 loss would've been enough. How odd would that have been!

Results:

League Overview:

Past Positions:

That Win vs. Anyang:

That Loss vs. Gwangju:

Record Attendance for Gwangju:

Fantastic first few months with Bucheon in South Korea, only been here since July and we've already won a trophy and a promotion. I can't believe it. Next season will likely be my toughest of the save so far, I've been one of, if not the, best team in the leagues so far whereas next season I'll be one of the worst, I expect. It'll be nice to mix it up, I guess.

Squad statistics can be seen below. Ahn Tae-Woong has been sensational, only nineteen years old. He has scored some gigantic goals for the club this campaign; iirc he was only on two goals/two assists when I joined, he's scored something like sixteen goals in my tenure. Superb! Kim Chil-Sung, my prodigy if you will , has been incredible, no idea why the previous manager(s) hadn't used him. Other than them two, it has been a squad season; loads of players have had good games when others haven't. Good squad.

Talking of Ahn Tae-Woong, he has broken a few records. He scored the most goals in a season for the club and most league goals in a season for the club, as a result he won the league's Player of the Year award and Top Goalscorer of the Year award. Noting awards, the end of season ones have been released. The striker won Fans' Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season, no surprise. Kim Chil-Sung won Goal of the Season.

Lastly, I forgot the mention previously, I went on a coaching course for my Continental B Licence while at Eastern, that is now completed. I doubt I'll be going for my Continental A Licence yet give the club's finances but I'll ask soon.

Squad Statistics:

Ahn Tae-Woong Records:

Ahn Tae-Woong Awards:

End of Season Awards:

Coaching Course Done:

Trophies So Far:

Thanks for reading! Update 3 from Bucheon will arrive after two months of competitive action in 2027. Bring it on!

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

Career so far:
2016–2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) | (Singapore/1) | Trophies: 3 / Awards: n/a / Promotions: n/a / Relegations: n/a. resigned
2018–2023 | Persib | (Indonesia/1) | Trophies: 3 / Awards: 9 / Promotions: 0 / Relegations: 0. resigned
2023–2026 | Eastern | (Hong Kong/1) | Trophies: 6 / Awards: n/a / Promotions: n/a / Relegations: 0. resigned
2026– | Bucheon | (South Korea/1+2) | Trophies: 1 / Awards: 0 / Promotions: 1 / Relegations: 0.

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

2026 | Bucheon -- (South Korea) K League Challenge.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Nice new job And very nice start in the new league!

Looking forward to next update!

Appreciate your comment @b0nb0n. It has been a pretty good start, hopefully we can catch top spot but if not, the play-offs at least.
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

First Matches in South Korea:
Welcome! In this update, I start my new job in South Korea's second tier with Bucheon. Two months of solid league football to focus on, as well as the FA Cup still up for grabs. Coming into this spell, we sat fourth with twenty-three K League Challenge fixtures to play.

My first game in charge of Bucheon was against league leaders Anyang. In what was a very even affair, we came away with a debut point after a stunner from Ahn Tae-Woong earned us a point. Fair result. Goyang Zaicro appeared three days later and I won my first three points as Bucheon boss after a stunning two-minute double from Kim Chil-Sung; a player I gave a career debut to in my first match, he has now become a regular! Gwangju played us on 11 July and, just like Anyang, held us to a 1–1 draw; Kim Shin getting a goal for us.

We had an FA Cup tie up next, versus K League Classic club Ulsan Hyundai. A tricky fifth round match, they sat near the top of the top division. They showed their quality as they eased past us 1–4, it was actually an even game really but they just had too much for us and merited the progression. League action returned with an encounter with second-bottom Sangju, we completely dominated them and won 5–1. Ahn Tae-Woong got a hat-trick in that one, who has been sensational since I joined; some of his goals have been incredible. A big win, pleasing but expected as, as you'll see from the table in a moment, they and Asan (Ansan Mugunghwa in-game) have been horrendously bad this season.

Daejeon Citizen was our following fixture and we managed another simple three points after winning 3–4. Daejeon gave us a few scares, including having a late equaliser ruled out for offside, but in truth it would've been a disgrace if we didn't win that. Just as it would if we didn't come away victorious from our next game, versus bottom team Asan. Like Sangju, we eased to a win after goals from Kim Si-Woo and Ahn Tae-Woong (x2). That rounded off my first competitive month with Bucheon, a pleasant beginning.

August 2026 started with a trip to Suwon, another lowly opponent. Ahn Tae-Woong got yet another goal before Han Sung-Min popped up with number two to send us another win; fourth in a row. We made it five and six in a row as we subsequently got wins against high-flying play-off rivals Gyeongnam and mid-table solid side Daegu; both single goal wins. Our winning run was stopped on 15 August as Chungju Hummel battled well to force a point in a 2–2; Ahn Tae-Woong making sure we didn't lose.

Two more fixtures to go, two important ones. The first was versus leaders Anyang, whom we sat only a few points behind in second; a win would send us top for the first-time in my reign. We did just that as Kim Chil-Sung gave us a lead before a penalty from Ha Sung-Ryong made sure of the points. Top of the table! Sadly, it didn't last long as we lost next time out versus play-off chasers Goyang Zaicro, my first league loss with Bucheon and, in all honestly, it was one hard to take as they scored a late, late undeserved winner. Disappointing.

So, after two months with Bucheon this is how the table looks. We are in second place and one point off table toppers Anyang. An improvement since I joined, for sure, as Bucheon were fourth and seven points off top back in June. It's a tight league though, with only eight points separating first and sixth. Eleven matches are left to play, the board want a play-off final appearance so that will be the minimum expectation but I, of course, am aiming for that automatic promotion place. It'll be tough, though.

Results:

League Overview:

Squad statistics are below. Special mentions to Ahn Tae-Woong (who has set a record for most Player of the Match awards) and Kim Chil-Sung. We made two additions in the transfer window, two loan players. With the finances (see below) so bad, we have nothing to spend in budget so I had to look for cheap loan signings. That I did, and completed temporary moves for Derek McGahon (RB) and Im Jong-Hyuk (GK). Both likely back-ups, but both look capable to be starting.

Squad Statistics:

Ahn Tae-Woong Record:

Kim Chil-Sung:

Transfers:

Finances:

One final note. My first few months have gone pretty well on the pitch, but it has been quite challenging off it. When I joined the club, multiple players were unhappy due to the club's recent (well, "recent" being a season ago) relegation and wanted to leave as a result. At least six players have come to me moaning, all oddly crucial first-team players - how strange. Three of them I managed to turn around, but three others it didn't go so well.

Shim Sung-Nam, Yoo Hyun-Ho and Paulinho all didn't take my interactions well and have since turned on me, as well as cohering others to join a mutiny. Thankfully, I managed to convince the squad I was right but the aforementioned players still aren't happy. They've subsequently been dropped to the Under-18s. We haven't needed them and squad harmony has improved with no moans for around a month. The board still mention it in the confidence message, but as long as we keep performing on the pitch it shouldn't matter; plus all three of those player's contracts expiry in a few months.

Squad Dissenters Dropped:

Board Confidence:

First two months with Bucheon done! I have enjoyed it, despite the off-field early issues. The next update will come at the end of the season in two and a bit months (in game). Hopeful for promotion. Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

Career so far:
2026– | Bucheon | (South Korea/2) | Trophies: 0 / Awards: 0 / Promotions: 0 / Relegations: 0.

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Interesting. I'd say new stadium @edallen2.

My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Big win against Chelsea, @Uıpnʞ Sɹnds! Title race not over!
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Unlucky in the Shield, @Dan. Let's hope you can grab that Champions League trophy this season.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Too easy! Excellent few months, @Cymro. Emenike doing well. Love the Anderson signing!

My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Same thoughts as @DNZY from me, @Shedender. Very unfortunate. Hope to see you return soon!
Quality season @edallen2!

Thank you @Prometheuss!
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

Job Hunt:
After leaving Eastern at the end of the 2025–26 season, we are on the hunt for a new job. After successful spells in Singapore (with Albirex Niigata S), in Indonesia (with Persib) and in Hong Kong (with Eastern) I am aiming to get a job in one of Asia's top leagues; ideally in China or South Korea. We, one way or another, will have a job soon.

I left Eastern on 1 June 2026. Plenty of jobs were open all around Asia, but with my aim to get a Chinese or South Korean job I had to be patient. Around three or four Chinese second tier teams were without a manager, Chengdu Qianbao being one but they sit quite far adrift at the bottom of the table so I didn't fancy that one. Two other available jobs were Hebei Elite (Hebei Jingying in game) and Dalian Transcendence (Dalian Chaoyue in game). Hebei's fans actually laughed me off when I applied, but the club offered me an interview. Their finances are described as "Rich" and in the interview, the board mentioned a potential £20m transfer budget. Safe to say, I wanted this job!

Sadly, I didn't get it. They gave the job to someone else. Disappointing, they are struggling but it would've been a nice project. Next, Dalian came back to be and offered me the job after a successful interview. I was happy with this offer, but a few other job vacancies took my eye so I decided to delay Dalian, to which they agreed. Two other clubs caught my attention, one in China (tier two) and one in South Korea (tier two). Tianjin TEDA (CHN) and Bucheon (KOR) were the teams.

Tianjin sit near the bottom in the China League One, but they, I'd say, are at least a mid-table Chinese Super League team languishing at the wrong end of League One. I'd love to be able to turn them around and get them back to the Super League, at least. On the other hand, Bucheon is also an intriguing prospect. They were formed in 2007, they are fan-owned after a relocation of a previous team; à la AFC Wimbledon. They sit fourth in the K League Challenge, occupying a play-off spot. So, a struggling sleeping club or an up-and-coming fan-owned club; or even a basic, Chinese team in Dalian.

I ended up joining...

Bucheon FC 1995 in South Korea! Bucheon for short. This job interested me just that little bit more, plus they sit in a much better league position.

Bucheon Manager:

Job Search: Hebei Elite:

Job Search: Dalian Transcendence:

Job Search: Tianjin TEDA:

Job Search: Bucheon FC 1995:

As I mentioned, my new club Bucheon sit fourth in the K League Challenge in South Korea. 23 matches left to play, we currently place in the final play-off spot and are seven points off the automatic promotion place; which Anyang occupy, we face them in my first game in charge. We are still in the FA Cup, too. The clubs finances are pretty woeful, described as "Insecure". Not good, but hopefully we can help rebuild this club off the pitch as well as improving them on it. I'm excited.

Results and Fixtures:

League Overview:

Squad Statistics:

Thanks for following! The first update with Bucheon will be on 1 September 2026, after a minimal of thirteen fixtures have been played.

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

Career so far:
2026– | Bucheon | (South Korea/2) | Trophies: 0 / Awards: 0 / Promotions: 0 / Relegations: n/a.

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
It drove me bloody mad

I know that feeling!
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Severely frustrating season there, @VP.! Hopefully you can bounce back instantly.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Wow, what a match. Unlucky though, @Matthew C.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Outstanding. Well done on the quadruple once again @Dan.
Congrats!
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Well done on securing a play-off place @Jamie3, hopefully you won't need it though!
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Superb season that @r96Skinner well done!

Thanks! It certainly was, @Dan! Happy with how it went. Appreciate you commenting.
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

Three Months, 16 Matches, Four Competitions:
Welcome back to my Journeyman's Journey career. In this post, the 2025–26 seasons reaches its climax in Hong Kong with Eastern. We have sixteen matches to play across four competitions, which are as follows: Premier League, AFC Cup, FA Cup and League Cup. Just like the January and February update, a lot of fixtures coming thick and fast.

March 2026 started with defeat as Southern District beat us 2–0. A few days later we returned to winning ways in the league with a narrow one-nil win over Hong Kong Rangers - that was our first win in the league after five without one. After that, we met Myanmar club Yangon United in our second AFC Cup, Group G encounter. We managed a 1–1 draw with Leung Nok Hang popping up with a goal. Another draw followed, in the league, next time out as we were frustratingly held to a 1–1 with bottom of the table Hong Kong.

Matchday 3 in the AFC Cup came quick on the heels of the Hong Kong fixture, Pyongyang City of North Korea visited us and took a point back home as we tied 0–0. Three days later, the League Cup semi-final with South China arrived. We were a goal down until the 88th-minute when Chan Ho Yin, recently back from fairly long term injury, equalised to send it to extra time. We won it after extra time as Chan Ho Yin grabbed a dramatic winner on 120 minutes, seconds before the penalty shoot-out. All those fixtures fell in March, which we rounded off with a friendly victory over Fire Services.

The first weekend of April gave us an FA Cup semi-final with Pegasus, after making it into the League Cup final we were looking for an FA Cup final berth too. However, it wasn't to be as we ridiculously lost 3–4 to the aforementioned Pegasus. iirc we were 1–3 ahead at one point before collapsing to lose 3–4. Southern District in the league followed, the second meet in a month with them in the Premier League but, unlike at the beginning of March, we beat them; 1–0. Next, the League Cup final! We faced Metro Gallery in the 2026 League Cup final, aiming to win my second League Cup title after triumphing back in 2024.

We triumphed again as we eased to a 1–4 victory, goals coming from Chan Chun Lok, Darren Whitehead, Chan Ho Yin and Yeung Chun Hung I. What a win! Champions!!

League Cup Winners:

^^Click "Show Spoiler" before scrolling down. ^^

Just days after that League Cup final, we were back in AFC Cup action with a hosting of former club Persib. In what was an even affair, they won to get back-to-back wins over me and Eastern. Elimination from Group G was looking likely at this stage, but we still had two games to come to salvage it. Before the first of those two final AFC Cup games, we had consecutive Premier League fixtures to focus on with the title still a real possibility.

On 21 April and 25 April, we faced Sun Hei and Tai Po respectively in two crucial matches. Darren Whitehead and Yeung Chun Hung I got on the scoresheet to help us beat Sun Hei, before our main man Chan Ho Yin got the only goal of the game versus Tai Po. This put us two points clear of, quite a few, rivals in a very tight title race. One game to go! Returning to AFC Cup, we played Yangon United on Matchday 5 and secured a vital victory by winning 1–3 in Myanmar, Yeung Chun Hung I grabbing a brace.

May features two matches, and two very big matches; both last day encounters. The first a league match with Yau Tsim Mong, the second an AFC Cup match in North Korea with Pyongyang City. How did we get on? Kitchee, our closest title rivals, played their last match of the season unfairly a day before us, and got three points meaning we had to beat Yau Tsim Mong...

...which we did - in style! A 1–4 win away from home makes us 2025–26 Premier League champions!! Absolutely brilliant. I did not expect to win the title, given the mad fixture pile-up but we found form at just the right time; helped by a few slip ups by other sides. It was a very tight race, top six were all close together for the majority. Delighted! Back-to-back Hong Kong Premier League titles, my fifth league trophy in the career and the club's fifth overall (a record). Third trophy of the season, along with the Senior Challenge Shield and League Cup.

Premier League Champions!

^^Click "Show Spoiler" before scrolling down. ^^

How about that AFC Cup showdown with Pyongyang City?

Well, that sadly didn't go to plan as, after a 3–1 loss in North Korea, we were eliminated on the final day. Disappointing, I would've liked to go further but hey-ho.

AFC Cup Elimination:

^^Click "Show Spoiler" before scrolling down. ^^

Results:

League Overview:

Competitions Overview:

Squad statistics as usual are below. In a season full of chop n' change, a lot of players got game time. My star man was Yeung Chun Hung I, nine goals and twenty (20!) assists. Outstanding! Chan Chun Lok (12 goals, 7 assists) and, of course, Chan Ho Yin (21 goals, 3 assists) were also fantastic, amongst a few others.

Squad Statistics:

Records broken and awards aplenty. Few notable ones: Chan Chun Lok broke the club's all-time appearance record with 130 apps. Chan Ho Yin broke the club's goalscoring record with 21 goals. Yeung Chun Hung I, as expected, broke the club's assist record - he won Footballer of the Year as well. As mentioned a moment ago, Eastern's five titles is a new league record.

Eastern Record - Most Appearances (Chan Chun Lok):

Eastern Record - Most Goals in a Season (Chan Ho Yin):

Eastern Record - Most Assists (Yeung Chun Hung I):

Premier League Record - Most Titles Won (Eastern):

Premier League Award - Footballer of the Year (Yeung Chun Heung I):

Premier League Award - Team of the Month (April):

Premier League Award - Fans' and Players' Player of the Year (Yeung Chun Hung I):

Premier League Award - Best XI (2025–26):

Eastern Awards - End of Season:

On a couple of occasions, the board offered me contract talks which I rejected, pending the end of the season as I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay. Now the seasons is over, I have made the decision. I have chosen to resign as Eastern manager immediately. With the season over and all the competitions managed in, with six trophies in the bag, I feel it's the correct time to depart.

Contract Talks:

Resignation:

Hong Kong spell finished. My future plan is to get a job in China, South Korea or, less likely, Australia. I believe it's time to enter one of Asia's big leagues after ten years in the surrounding middle level leagues. I hope I can get a top division job in China or South Korea, but would be willing to join a second tier team. If that's not possible, then I may join another non-elite league; ideally India or Malaysia. Priority is China or South Korea though. The job search will commence in the next update.

Thank you for reading!

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

Career so far:

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.

My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
St. Joseph's got EL due to Lincoln winning the Rock Cup. Not sure whether the places can change from time to time in Gibraltar.

Ah. I see! Hopefully you can qualify for it next season.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Much better end to the season, @DNZY. Shame about no Europa League, did St. Joseph's get UEL for finishing second (like they would do in real life, according to Wikipedia)?
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Good start to the season, @Jamie3!
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Gavin Harris signed up? Shame you couldn't tempt Santiago Muñez to join as well.

Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

Fixture Congestion:
Update 44 of my Journeyman's Journey career. We continue 2025–26 in this update as we enter 2026 with Eastern in Hong Kong. It has been a very, very busy two months.

I start with the only two friendlies of January and February, wins over Breakthrough and German All-Stars got the year going. Sun Hei were the team's first opponents in the Premier League of the year and we beat them by a single goal via Chan Chun Lok. Metro Gallery hosted us next and managed to draw 3–3 with us, Lo Tsz Kin scoring the last equaliser after Metro Gallery had taken the lead three times. The Senior Challenge Shield final took place on 25 January 2026 versus Sun Hei.

Due to upcoming AFC Champions League football (more on that in a moment), I unfortunately had to sacrifice my starting eleven and resort to playing a boat load of youngsters, majority of them had rarely, if at all, featured for us before. However, the youth lads did the club proud as we secured back-to-back Senior Challenge Shields. Jason Eng scored a pretty hilarious own-goal (see below) to give us the lead, but the name up in lights was youngster Liu Ho Lun who went and scored two crucial goals on just his second start for Eastern. Unbelievable impact from the seventeen year old, he won us the cup! Champions!

With players rested for the cup final, we were able to send a full strength line-up for a home AFC Champions League qualifier against Filipino club Global. A good draw I thought, pretty evenly matched opponent. Well, that was on paper at least as we stormed into the second qualifying round with a 3–0 victory; Clinton Britz, Yeung Chun Hung I and Darren Whitehead with the goals. Due to the scheduling of the competitions, I have decided to take the continental football as our main priority, meaning the league was put on the back-burner. That was shown as, days after the Global match, we met South China in the league and were thrashed by three goals.

A week after beating Global, we were drawn to face Perak of the Malaysian Super League in the following round, another draw I was happy with. The match happened in Malaysia at Perak's Perak Stadium, and we found yet another fine performance and were rewarded with a 0–1 victory; centre-back Lee Kai Chi with the all important goal. Fantastic! Into the play-off round of AFC Champions League qualifying. Before that, we had a league fixture with Kitchee and, just like vs. South China, we were easily, easily beaten, this time 0–4 at home. We are struggling in the league with our back-up squad.

In the play-off qualifying round in ACL, we were drawn with Japanese side Tokyo; a team I played while at Persib in my last campaign in the Champions League in 2022. Just like in 2022, I suffered defeat against Tokyo but we gave it a right good go; we lost 2–1 in Japan but it was a close encounter. Unlucky. We subsequently drop into the AFC Cup, into Group G. We're in a group with North Korean team Pyongyang City, Yangon United of Myanmar and, would you believe it, my former club, Persib! I'm heading back to Indonesia!

The AFC Cup would start just a week after our AFC Champions League elimination, meaning all other football would once again take a backseat, sadly. Between continental encounters, we actually had a FA Cup fixture this time around as we met Tai Po in a quarter-final tie. I kinda would've liked not to advance due to fixture the pile-up, but we managed to get past Tai Po with a rotated eleven; we advanced after a penalty shoot-out win. Not ideal, but I can't complain; kinda needed the win in general anyway.

Our first match of AFC Cup 2026 was with my former club, Persib, in Indonesia on 25 February. Early homecoming, one we, Eastern, narrowly lost. We don't play again in AFC Cup until 11 March, but there is no let-up in fixtures as we face a league midweek fixture instead. Despite that, we face a run of three Premier League encounters as we aim to get back on track domestically; we sat in fifth around this point and around five points off top spot, but with games in hand.

Leaders Yau Tsim Mong were the first of the three and we were held to a goalless draw, decent result in one way but not in another - tricky opponent, but need wins. Third place Southern District came days later in the midweek match, we lost 0–2 in my 100th game in charge of Eastern. That rounds up this update, fixture-wise. It has been an extremely difficult first few months of 2026. Twelve competitive fixtures in under two months. We have lost five of our last eight. We are sixth in the league, seven points off top spot but with games in hand. Injuries aplenty too, both left-backs have been out while vital top goalscorer Chan Ho Yin has been out for months - missed him tremendously.

It doesn't get much easier, as we'll have more of the same in March, April and May with the Premier League continuing, as well as the AFC Cup and we still remain in not one but two cup competitions with semi-finals upcoming in both the League Cup and FA Cup. It could be a sensational end to the season, with four competitions winnable, or it could be a rather horrid end to the season.

Results:

League Overview:

Competitions Overview:

Senior Challenge Shield Champions, Again!

Young XI for Senior Challenge Shield Final:

Jason Eng OG:

100 Games with Eastern:

Chan Ho Yin Injury:

Squad statistics can be seen below, as can cup final hero Liu Ho Lun's profile. Two departures transfer-wise, Tam Ho Lam and Leung Ming Kit have left on loan to Citizen and Sparta Rotterdam Mutual respectively.

Squad Statistics:

Liu Ho Lun:

Transfers:

Multiple records and awards as usual, they are all below. Also, the club's takeover has been completed but nothing much has changed.

AFC Champions League Record - Youngest Ever Player (Leung Chi Ming):

AFC Champions League Record - Highest ACL Attendance for Eastern (7,141):

Senior Challenge Shield Record - Most Goals (14):

Premier League Record - Most Assists (Yeung Chun Hung I, 13):

Senior Challenge Shield Award - Top Goalscorer (Chan Ho Yin):

Takeover Complete:

Quite the two months! Fixture congestion, injuries and general out-of-form has made it very difficult. It'll all happen again in the next batch of fixtures as it doesn't exactly lighten up, as I previously mentioned. Must pick up form. Thank you for reading!

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

Career so far:
2023– | Eastern | (Hong Kong/1) | Trophies: 4 / Awards: n/a / Promotions: n/a / Relegations: 0.

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.
2026 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Well improved season in the league, @Shedender! Superb to win a cup treble as well!
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

Multi-Competition:
Another update from my Journeyman's Journey career. I'm currently in 2025–26 with Eastern in Hong Kong. Four different competitions to face in November and December 2025.

First up was a meeting with bottom of the table Hong Kong, we put more misery on the promoted strugglers by winning 3–1 with Chan Ho Yin scoring twice. Next came an interesting competition, the Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship. A competition between the Hong Kong Premier League champions and a club from Shanghai, China; usually Shanghai SIPG or Shanghai Greenland Shenhua. A Hong Kong club side has never won the competition in eighteen attempts (in game and real life). Two-legged affair. The first leg took place in mainland China on 5 November at the Songjiang Stadium, we were easily dispatched by three goals to zero. Tie all but over.

The second leg came three days later at the Mong Kong Stadium in Hong Kong and we somewhat surprisingly beat Shenhua by a goal to nil, Yeung Chun Hung I giving us a very creditable victory albeit a meaningless one; the first time on the save (nine editions) that the Hong Kong team has won a leg! A friendly with Rally of Macau followed and we won 0–3. One week later saw the League Cup get underway, we were drawn into Group B with Pegasus and Kitchee.

Kitchee played Pegasus in game one and won it, meaning we had to beat them on 23 November to stand a chance of qualifying at the first attempt in first place. We did just that as goals from Chan Ho Yin, Darren Whitehead and Chan Chun Lok gave us a 3–2 home win; we survived a scare though as they came from two goals down to get level before Chan Chun Lok won it for us. Pegasus was our last Group B match and, despite being second-best for the vast majority, we managed to win with our back-up team via a late, late strike from Leung Nok Hang; a draw would've seen us go through anyway, but nice to get the victory. Into the semi-finals!

A friendly with Fukien was sandwiched in-between the League Cup fixtures, we won that 3–0. We returned to league action after more than a month without a Premier League match on 9 December to face Tai Po. We lost 2–3 despite a double from Chan Ho Yin, our first league loss of the campaign and only third in all competitions. That was prior to dropping points again next time out as we drew 1–1 with Pegasus. Good cup form, disappointing league form. A friendly win over Islands District fell before a big Senior Challenge Shield semi-final with Tai Po. We advanced to the 2026 final to defend our crown after Yeung Chung Hung I and a Chan Chi Shing own-goal puts us through. Sun Hei await in January's final.

In terms of the league, we are third in the table and sit four points off shock leaders Yau Tsim Mong but we do have two matches in hand. In the cups, we are into the Senior Challenge Shield final and the League Cup semi-finals. The Community Cup and Hong Kong-Shanghai Interport Club Championship are both over, both lost sadly. Still to start is the FA Cup and the AFC Champions League.

Results:

League Overview:

Competitions Overview:

Squad Statistics:

Two last chunks of news. The first is Chan Ho Yin got into December's Premier League Team of the Month, the second is the club is currently in a transfer embargo with takeover talks taking place. They've been going on a little while, reports of the takeover being on and off constantly. Will have to wait and see with that.

Premier League - Team of the Month (December):

Takeover Talks at Eastern:

Thank you for reading. I appreciate it! Next update will likely be on 1 March 2026.

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

Career so far:
2023– | Eastern | (Hong Kong/1) | Trophies: 3 / Awards: n/a / Promotions: n/a / Relegations: 0.

Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.
2017 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.

2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super Cup.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Super League.

2024 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) League Cup.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Senior Challenge Shield.
2025 | Eastern -- (Hong Kong) Premier League.

Awards won:
2018 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, June.
2019 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2020 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, October.
2021 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, May.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, July.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Month, August.
2022 | Persib -- (Indonesia) Manager of the Year.
My Football Manager 2017 career: Journeyman's Journey
Adixi Suparman, what a name.