Already playing ? Get these essential add ons to enhance the game Want updated squads for FM19? We have the worlds biggest FM2019 Data Update. 13 minutes ago
wieczus2000 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
wieczus2000 added a download: Bury Mixpack
A new version of our data update was released with 519574 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 326389 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 93467 changes from 336 contributors.
wieczus2000 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
wieczus2000 added a download: Barnet Youngsters Mixpack
A new version of our data update was released with 519493 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 326314 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 93385 changes from 336 contributors.
shakin commented on: Football Manager 2019 Wonderkids
A new version of our data update was released with 519479 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 326298 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 93369 changes from 336 contributors.
Stu_EZ commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
A new version of our data update was released with 519431 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 326238 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 93259 changes from 336 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 519413 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 326232 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 93252 changes from 336 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 326225 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 93245 changes from 336 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 519418 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 326224 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 93231 changes from 336 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 519386 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 326197 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 93203 changes from 336 contributors.
r96Skinner Comments
Good luck with Truro, @hollow101!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Good next job! I finally got around to reading through as I started late, glad I did as it's a terrific read so far. Good luck with Dundalk!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Fantastic season! Four trophies! Very impressive. Congrats, @Dan!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Nice stuff, @ThatFMRegen! Excellent season, especially given the media prediction. Also improved upon your first (half a) season, if not for that draw against Warriors, the second place was yours. Wish you luck for your next season.
Trip to: China | South Africa
Good first season in charge. Certainly broken the usual Sunderland tag for now, hopefully you can continue!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Big business done, hopefully you can get the team firing.
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

The Final Six League Fixtures:
After a first defeat to DPMM, we headed into the final six league fixtures top of the table and ten points clear. Could we keep our head to win the double and give Albirex Niigata (S) their first-ever in-game S. League title?

The run-in began on a more calmer note with three consecutive friendlies against lower-league sides, we got wins over Damai Rovers, Singapore U16s and Pulau Ubin. S. League action resumed soon after as we hosted Geylang International, a team who had been struggling, but we fell to a 0–1 defeat. Next came a trip to Bishan to face Home United, but we again lost by a single goal. Hoping to get back to winning ways, we were again on the road as we played Hougang United but incredibly we lost 1–0 for the third time in a row. Extremely frustrating, we had bottled a ten point lead! At this point, Warriors overtook us into first place; a place they hadn't been in since Matchday 10.

Two more friendlies took place to keep fitness up, wins over Buona Vista and Singapore Power arrived before we returned to league action. Bottom of the table Garena Young Lions were our next opponents at home, and we flew into a first-half two-goal lead and we were looking comfortable. However, disaster struck in the second half as, the team who had lost their last four matches by conceding at least three goals in each, somehow clawed it back to 2–2; helped by an equalising penalty. As you could imagine, I was stunned. I was conceding defeat in the title race. On the penultimate matchday, we faced Tampines Rovers at home and again missed three points as we yet again lost 0–1. I thought that was it, but unbelievably Warriors also lost to Balestier Khalsa. We had a chance, and guess who we faced on the last day - Warriors, away!

The final day came upon us, we sat in second place and two points off of leaders Warriors. Only a win would do. Shôsuke Ishida gave us an 18th-minute lead, it remained that way until the 81st-minute when Susumu Kawashima scored to make it Warriors 0–2 Albirex Niigata (S)! I couldn't believe it, I was positive we had thrown this away. The impressive Jonathan Béhé got Warriors a late consolation but it wasn't enough.

League champions!! An incredible end, I did not see us winning the title after that horrific drop in form but somehow we are 2016 S. League champions! We should've secured it earlier but I'll take it, the late suspense was all planned!

Fixture rundown:

That Dramatic Final Encounter:

League Overview:

The Glorious Inbox:

As you can see from the inbox above and from my previous posts, the league title is part of a double as we also won the 2016 Singaporean League Cup. What a first (half a) season! We arrived in July 2016 with the side top of the league, we've gone onto win the title (albeit fortunately) and win the League Cup. Lucky to get this as the first job, it's certainly the quickest time I've achieved silverware on Football Manager. Delighted.

Future plans? As I've said, this career is a see what happens type career. I have no plans to achieve certain things, I just like to see what happens and do what I can. Ideally, I'd like to get the Singaporean Cup next season to complete the collection and we'll probably leave Albirex Niigata (S) then. As @ThatFMRegen reminded me, this club cannot qualify for any continental competitions as they're basically a Japanese side so there isn't much point in sticking around, but we'll see.

Appreciate all of you who take the time to read my post, I appreciate it. That's that for update three, the next one will likely be in March 2017 after a couple of the new league season matches have been played.

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

-----------
Career so far:
2016– | Albirex Niigata (S) | (Singapore/1) | Trophies: 2 / Awards: 0 / Promotions: 0 / Relegations: 0.

-----------
Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) League Cup.
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- (Singapore) S. League.

Never managed in Singapore before, good luck @r96Skinner

Thank you, I appreciate it!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Unlucky in the play-offs! Shame about Stevenage, but Sutton Utd is an interesting next job; a club that actually is very close to where I live but I've never managed them on FM before. Good luck for the new season!
Trip to: China | South Africa
You've had a positive impact so far, hopefully you can keep it going. Best of luck against Barrow!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Hi mate I started with these as well. A really good team to manage. But one word of warning..these are a franchise club from Niigata Unicorn in Japan and u will be banned from entering any of the Asian Continental Comps because technically ur a foreign team playing in Singapore. I won the League second season and didn't get a Champions League spot. If u wiki the Singapore S-League it'll tell u they cannot qualify for it

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that! Similar to Wellington Phoenix in the A-League. Thanks for the reminder, hopefully I can get the league & cup to go with the League Cup I won and head off out the club. Enjoying the all Japanese squad though, got some pretty decent players. Hadn't seen your career post until now, will be following along now!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Finally got through and caught up. Cracking save so far, doing very well. Keep it up.
Trip to: China | South Africa
Good luck with this, nice to see another set of new leagues loaded

Thanks! Just started reading your story recently. A little late I know, so need to catch up!
Journeyman's Journey

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

The First Two Months:
I'm two months into my new job in Singapore, so far it's gone very well. We started with an unconvincing 3–1 home win over Warriors, we started that match horribly and should've been two or three down in truth but thankfully the boys managed to score the first goal and from there we got back into the game and subsequently won; but Warriors deserved a draw from that. Next came a friendly versus Hougang (lower league side) which, as you'd expect, we won comfortably.

The mini summer break came along, no league match for a month but there was the Singaporean League Cup to play for. Not an important trophy, that's what my board said anyway, but it was one I was taking seriously. It's a group stage to semi-finals to final style competition. We began Group B with a solid victory against former Blackburn manager Steve Kean's DPMM. Three days later came a match against slight strugglers Geylang International, as it came so soon after the DPMM match I rested the majority of my squad ahead of the tougher fixture on Matchday 3. We went two goals ahead versus Geylang, despite Yû Takano receiving a red card, however we collapsed in the final thirteen minutes as our opponents raced backed to 2–2. Disappointing.

We faced Tampines Rovers, club of well-known Englishman Jermaine Pennant, in the group's final tie sitting in a qualification spot. We went a goal behind before we found a leveller on minute 74, a goal that saved us as a defeat would've sent us home but thankfully we drew to finish top of the group. So, into the semi-finals we met Group A winners Balestier Khalsa. A goal either side of a Balestier opener sent us through to the 2016 League Cup final, the club's second time in as many years. Our final opponents were Group A runners-up Home United. A dramatic final was to come.

We took an early lead through Susumu Kawashima, who has been superb for me so far with five goals in eight competitive games, before Home Utd struck back via a Sufianto Salleh goal. Into extra time it went. The team who sat fourth in the league then went ahead thanks to Luqman Ismail. At this point I was concerned, we started well but Home Utd got on top towards the end. However, Shinnosuke Matsubara popped up with an equaliser five minutes before the end to send the game to a penalty shoot-out! We, Albirex Niigata (S), kept our nerve and won the shoot-out 5–3 without missing a spot-kick.

Wow! Our first trophy after only a month in charge. A fantastic start.

A 3–1 friendly win over Marist United followed before league action returned. We faced our League Cup SF opponents Balestier Khalsa at home and won thanks to a goal from that man Matsubara, our cup final hero. A week later we played DPMM once more but fell to a bitterly disappointing 2–0 defeat, the first defeat of our career and first with Albirex Niigata (S).

Full rundown of our results, including goalscorers:

League Cup champions!:

So our first trophy is in the bag. As for the league table (see below), we are still in first and are ten points clear with six games to play. Hopefully we can achieve a double, but there's a long way to go; especially for me.

The Table:

Special Mention: Susumu Kawashima!

He has fourteen goals in twenty-four games for the club, five in eight since I've joined. Brilliant!

My current tactic:

I've pretty much used this system throughout, although have switched it about here-and-there in some games. It's working well so far, the front three are rather good.

That'll do it for my second update, I'll be back after we've played our final six matches and hopefully I'll return with good news. Thanks for reading!

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

-----------
Career so far:
2016– | Albirex Niigata (S) | (Singapore/1) | Trophies: 1 / Awards: 0.

-----------
Trophies won:
2016 | Albirex Niigata (S) -- Singaporean League Cup.
Trip to: China | South Africa
Best of luck, interesting set of leagues!
Journeyman's Journey

Welcome, and thank you for viewing my post. I've started my usual unemployment save on Football Manager. I choose the lowest managerial style (badges etc.), start unemployed and see what happens. I have no real aim, just see what happens. I'm certainly no god at Football Manager, far from it, I just play for fun and see what I can do.

Side note: My third attempt at doing a career post on here, on my previous attempts I've tried it at the end of my use of Football Manager; basically when I'm getting bored/annoyed with the game so try to get back into it by doing this, that usually fails but this time I'm doing it early while the game is still fresh to me.

The Map:

Yellow/Red circle indicates my current job.
Orange/Green circle indicates my past jobs.

The Start:
As you can tell with the map above, my first job of the save is in Singapore. More on that later.

I've decided to start in Asia, therefore loading all Asian leagues except Australia (felt it would be a little unrealistic getting an A-League job). I also loaded all the big leagues as view only (e.g. England, Germany, Spain etc.).

The Search:
Persika Karawang (Indonesia, tier two) were the first club to get back to my application. I decided to delay a week to see what other offers I get, coming into this I was interested/expecting an Indonesian team.

Next came Albirex Niigata (S), or Niigata Unicorn (Singapore) as they're known on FM17 (Singapore, tier one), and Persatu Tuban of Indonesia's tier two.

The Albirex Niigata (S) job interested me a lot. Good team, good league and overall a good place to potentially start. I finalised the deal at the first time of asking and became the new boss of the Singaporean team.

Job 1:

So, I am the new manager of Albirex Niigata (S) in Singapore's S. League. A little surprising but I'll certainly take it! The team sit in first place, we sit four points clear with nine games to play. Could this be the chance for a very early first trophy? Well, it's me, so don't go expecting. As I said, we're first in the league but are out of the Singaporean Cup while the Singaporean League Cup is still to be played. My first game is against Warriors.

If you didn't know, Albirex Niigata (S) are related to Japanese J. League club Albirex Niigata so therefore have an all Japanese squad and can only sign Japanese players; similar to Athletic Club's rules regarding Basque players I guess. That makes it interesting and perhaps a little more difficult, but it sounds fun to me.

That's as far as I am as of right now, will be cracking on with it as soon as I've sent this. I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it. I will be regularly tweeting about this save on my Twitter account (@R96Skinner), updates on this post will be every two months (in game) unless something big happens.

Cheers,
R96Skinner.

-----------
Career so far:
2016– | Albirex Niigata (S) | (Singapore/1) | Trophies: 0 / Awards: 0.

Update 005:
Current Club: Hyéres, Championnat de France Amateur (France)

2026/27 Season Review:

After leaving Selangor PKNS in Malaysia, I left to move onto France with Hyéres in France's third tier (National). I joined in December 2026 with the club third bottom and seven points off safety. This is how the rest of the season unfolded.

December/January:

My spell with Hyéres began well as we beat bottom of the table Quevilly Rouen Métropole 2-1 at home with young debutant Jordache Caron scoring along with our main striker Marwane Benhmida. Next came the winter break which included a special friendly, Brian Amofa's testimonial versus Podbrezova. We were absolutely dominated in this, they had 32(!) shots while we had just six. This was sadly a sign of things to come, but the main talking point was the fact that the main man Amofa got sent off in his own testimonial. What a guy! Anyway, as the season resumed we faced a good Orléans side and managed to bag a respectable point. January ended with back-to-back defeats to mid-table Belfort and title chasers Chambly-Thelle, the Belfort loss was harsh but Chambly were far, far too strong for us and ran out simple winners. End of Month Position: 16th.

February:

February, like January, started very well as we picked up four points from a possible six. Firstly, a solid 0-0 with top half team La Berrichonne and then a 1-0 win over mid-table Le Mans. Aikel Gadacha scored the winner versus Le Mans, that was pretty much his only positive contribution sadly. Again, like January, the month ended with two straight losses. This was where it started to go bad, just like it was before I arrived. End of Month Position: 16th.

March:

Sedan Ardennes inflicted our first defeat in March by one goal to nil. Stade Plabennécois also beat us before a disappointing loss to relegation rivals Mulhouse; Martin, who just turned 16, scored our goal. Groupe Sportif Consolat rounded off our March with another loss to make it four defeats in four and six in six overall. In my true opinion, I felt all the losses here were very unlucky. Definitely down to the fact our squad, despite a few standouts, isn't good. In fact, when I joined I even had a few greyed out players which is never a good sign! End of Month Position: 17th.

April:

April was just as awful, in competitive football at least; friendlies offered some respite. First we faced leaders Romorantin but, like Chambly-Thelle, deservedly got well beat. That was followed by a loss to A.S Beziers which sadly confirmed the inevitability that was relegation. So all was settled and only pride was at stake. Then came the first of the final three friendlies of 2026/27, a 6-1 win over non-league Olympique de Valence. We carried some of that confidence into our next National match versus CA Bastia, who funnily enough were managed by my former assistant manager Salim Laassami who deserted us for Bastia a few weeks before, and we managed to gain a point. Martin grabbed a goal, been impressed with the young lad especially as Benhmida started to go missing. April finished with a 4-2 friendly win over another non-league side in La Clermontaise. End of Month Position: 17th.

May:

May had two National matches and one friendly. We lost the first league fixture 0-2 to promotion chasing Chamois Niortais before destroying non-league Vincennes 7-0 away from home in a exhibition match. The season ended on a high as we beat Moulins, a team who also got relegated, to stay above the aforementioned club and finish second bottom with Moulins ending last. End of Month Position: 17th.

Final Table:

As said above, we finished second bottom thanks to that final day win. Eight points off safety, we just didn't have enough. Old squad, retiring players, under-19 players and greyed out lads - a recipe for disaster. CA Bastia, the team our assistant deserted us for, actually got relegated with us on goal difference, so that draw we held them to was crucial so I'm glad to relegate my former assistant; that's what he gets! Remarkably, the team who we beat and who were bottom when I joined, Quevilly managed to stay up!

(End of Season) Board Content, 1yr Left on Contract:

So despite all of that, the board of Hyéres were actually content with me which I guess shows how bad the squad was and how decent most of our performances were despite the losses. I also have one year left on my contract so I'll definitely be sticking around it looks like for the fourth tier of French football. A huge ton of work in the off-season ahead but hopefully we can at least challenge for promotion next season but it'll be tough. I'm always up for a challenge, these are the type of saves I enjoy most!

-------------------------
Next Post: 2027/28 Season Review.
Thanks for reading!
Update 004:
Current Club: TBA

Next Career Move:

Well, the event I didn't want to happen has happened. I have left Selangor PKNS.

Departure from Selangor PKNS:

As I said in my last post, my contract with the club was due to run out on 30 November 2026 and by the 29 November I had received no indication of a new contract; in fact if I didn't check my contract info tab I would've had no idea it was running out. So on the 29 November I made a board request for a new deal, to which they responded: "Your job performance thus far hasn't deserved an early (EARLY!) extension. We want to see more out of you to warrant us committing you to a longer term deal". Now, this is obviously a problem with the game itself which I found really, really frustrating. Fair enough the performances have been below what was expected, but it's clear by the board's response that the game thought my contract still had loads of time left despite the fact it ended in 1 (one!) day. Annoying.

The Journeyman Continues! Where Next?:

Job number 8 in my career will be with...: Hyéres FC in France's National!!
Excited to join Hyéres, my first step into one of Europe's top five leagues; albeit in it's third division but it's a start!

Table:

Fixtures:

It's going to be a tough challenge, but one I'm well up for. Even if it goes badly, at least I've made a mark into one of the big footballing countries which can only be a good thing.

-------------------------
Next Post: 2026/27 Season Review.
Thanks for reading!
Update 003:
Current Club: Selangor PKNS, Super League (Malaysia)

2026 Season Review:

Complete season review of my fourth season in Malaysia with Selangor PKNS, it has been eventful.

Pre-Season:

Our campaign began with pre-season, a period that wasn't wholly convincing. It began with a friendly with our Under-19s which we won 3-0, that was followed by four winless fixtures that included the first of two pre-season trips to Indonesia (0-2 to PSSA). Our second trip to Indoneisa, and our final friendly, ended with a 1-1 penalty shootout victory other Bintang Jaya. After that, I wasn't feeling too confident especially after how the 2025 League Cup campaign went.

January:

The season proper kicked off on 6 January 2026 with a defeat away to Kelantan, more disappointment. However, we followed that up with four wins in five. Firstly, we beat Perak 3-2 after Mohd Nor Zainuddin grabbed a brace before Rosmadi got the all important third goal. Then came a four match unbeaten spell against KL Spa, title favourites Johor DT, promoted Real Mulia and Pahang. Zainuddin already was becoming an integral player after joining from Real Mulia. End of Month Position: 2nd

February:

February was difficult, with the league being interrupted. The month began with a defeat at home to our local rivals Selangor, Haziq Fikri Hussein grabbing our goal. Then came a friendly with Felcra, one we lost on penalties. Our Super League campaign resumed on 17 February with a draw with early strugglers Sarawak, despite Zainuddin giving us a two-goal lead. After that came a league defeat to Perlis followed by an FA Cup Round 2 exit at the hands of, yep you've guessed it, that club Johor DT who we really need to play more... End of Month Position: 5th

March:

March featured three league fixtures and one friendly. ATM, Kedah, Sime Darby and Perak being the opponents. The match against ATM was frustrating, we dominated the match but only managed to get a point out of it. In our next Super League fixture, we made our dominance count as we thrashed Kedah 3-0 at home with that man Zainuddin getting a hat-trick. March ended with a friendly loss to Sime Darby before a league loss to Perak, both were deserved defeats. End of Month Position: 5th

April:

April started where January started, with a beating from Kelantan. We got back on track with consecutive domestic victories over KL Spa and Real Mulia while a exhibition win over RAMD Melaka also helped morale. At this point I was feeling good about things, it wasn't spectacular but it was solid. End of Month Position: 4th

May:

May started with back-to-back friendly wins against Penjara and Sungai Ara. Then came three, albeit against tricky opposition, winless Super League encounters. A 1-1 tie with Johor DT, a 2-3 home loss to Pahang and a 5-0 away whipping by the leaders Selangor. We hit back with a comfortable 2-1 win over bottom of the table Sarawak. Not a great May, performances against Pahang and Selangor were shocking. End of Month Position: 6th

June:

June, which saw the end of the league season, was nothing short of a disaster. I was aiming for a top five finish however we failed miserably with that goal as we lost all three league matches, with minor solace coming in a friendly with Megah Murni. Performances were terrible and morale was dropping, morale wasn't helped by months of a load of youth players asking for loan deals out of the club which, despite no-one wanting them even though I tried hard, led to slight player unrest which was raised when squad players started to moan about lack of first-team football with players mostly siding with their fellow professionals. At the end of June, the board were beginning to get on my back about and we had two meetings about it. My job security was insecure at this point. End of Season Position: 8th

Off-Season:

July, and the start of August, was filled with friendlies as we looked to keep fitness up with the 2026 League Cup coming in the middle of August. We won five of the six friendly fixtures. Two were versus Malaysian non-league sides (MP Muar & Melaka), one against our Under-19s, one versus Premier League (tier two) club Kuantan, one in a friendly rematch versus PSSA and the final one coming against relegated Super League XI Real Mulia. Melaka were the only team to stop us from winning.

August:

We continued our fine non-competitive form into our League Cup campaign, August had five of the six group stage fixtures in it with the sixth match coming in September. We flew out the blocks with four straight fixtures, first against the other relegated Super League club Sarawak, then Matchday 2 & 4 wins versus third place top flight club Perlis which was sandwiched before and after a win over Singapore's Lions XII Premier League side. We lost the return fixture with Sarawak to end the month but first place and qualification for the quarter-finals was already secured before that match-up. End of Month (Group) Position: 1st

September:

We rounded up our League Cup run with a 3-0 win over Lions XII which confirmed that we ended with five wins from six, impressive considering how the league season ended. There was a month's break before the League Cup quarter-finals so we played three friendlies to finish September, all three were won against two Indonesian opponents in PSIB and PSTS and lower-league Malaysian club Titiwangsa. As you can see, Zainuddin was on absolute fire as he banged in two straight hat-tricks followed by a brace. Impressive, even if it was only in friendlies. End of Month (Group) Position: 1st

October:

October had just three matches as we were knocked out of the League Cup at the quarter-final stage. We were drawn against Super League team Pahang. We lost 3-1 on aggregate with the first leg defeat being the decisive moment. We played Hanelang in a friendly in between which we won 3-0.

Transfers Overview:

Zainuddin no doubt was our best signing, despite the fans voting Audrey Jemang (he was good in fairness, but Zainuddin didn't even make their top three!). I said in my previous post that I was worried we had overspent on him but how glad I am I went with my gut feeling and just gave him the money. He ended the season with 17 goals in 29 appearances, 33 in 45 if you count friendlies ( ). Shankar, an Indian CM, was also signed for 1k. It wasn't too successful, got a decent average rating but didn't show much in games. He was sold in September to lower-league Melaka for a surprising 20k - profit at least came from him. American Jason Eng was snapped up on a free, he was also a big flop as he made just 3 appearances before leaving to join Megah Murni.
Audrey Jemang, Faiz Abdul Hamid and Muhd Nur Abdul Aziz were signed, all became good members and featured fairly regularly. Mohd Norhamizaref Hamid (loan), Mohd Nor Ismail and Mohd Faizal Zulkifli (loan) were signed as back-up, them three only featured a few times collectively; Zulkifli's loan was terminated early. Mohd Nazrul Hisni also came in as back-up but didn't feature at all. We also signed well-known Australian Ryan McGowan on a free, he retired in October after making 9 appearances. Overall, as usual with small clubs, our transfer business was hit and miss.

Contract Ending, Job Insecure:

As of this post, I am currently on 17 October 2026 and my contract with Selangor PKNS is running out in November. I'm a tad worried as it looks like I'll be leaving at the end of said contract, which I'd feel hard done by and would feel quite sad given I'm building this club and with had two strong campaigns in the Super League which followed that incredible promotion winning season. I believe that the board's expectation was to finish top half, which I know I failed but only by a couple of points; we were 5th with two games left. Feels harsh. Who knows I perhaps may be offered a new deal, I'd love to stay, but if they put conditions on next season with the new contract, like Lokomotíva Košice did to me, then I'd probably reject it and leave. Time will tell!

Next Post: Job Update.
Thanks for reading!
Update 002:
(NOTE: Apologies for the late update, been a little busy lately and also got bored of the game itself for a few weeks but regain interest in it again.)

Current Club: Selangor PKNS, Super League (Malaysia)

2025 League Cup Campaign:
Well, my third League Cup run with Selangor PKNS didn't go very well.

Final Standings:

Full Results:

I am not concerned at all, it wasn't a competition I took wholly serious although of course I am disappointed we failed to win. Funny thing is, we continue to frustrate arguably the best team in the country: Johor DT. We drew with them 1-1 on both occasions here. Overall, as I mentioned in my first post, we have a little bit of an unexpected rivalry with them (P10 W3 D3 L4); considering they've won the league in six of the last seven years I'm happy with our record against them.

As for the League Cup itself, we had a very difficult group that included the aforementioned Johor DT and our local rivals Selangor, who went on to win the thing and have now won three of the last four League Cups. So that was against us, given as we aren't that big a club, as well as the fact I played around with a few things, testing different tactics and players ahead of the 2026 season.

2026 Incoming:
Speaking of the upcoming 2026 season, I'm feeling fairly confident that we can maintain our solid performances in the league; as we did in my debut campaign after promotion in 2025. As of this post, I'm still two months away from the start of the season so still getting things together in terms of tactics and transfers so anything could happen. One man I have managed to sign was our on-loan winger/striker Mohd Nor Zainuddin. We signed him on loan from lower division Real Mulia, he made 15 appearances overall and scored 8 goals and made 3 assists. Impressive for a club like ours as the stats suggest but even with his performances that the stats don't show; sort of player I like. Had to pay him a bit more than I had preferred, but felt it would've been a bigger mistake not signing him then it would if we didn't loosen the purse strings.

Zainuddin:

-------------------------
Next Post: 2026 Season Review.

Thanks for reading!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Good to see you bring your career here, looks like you've had a fair bit of success to date, keep it going

Cheers! I'm enjoying it and I'm liking the way the save has progressed and developed. Its got nothing on your Journey Around The World though, that save is brilliant.

I love a good unemployment story! Will be keeping an eye on this for sure

Nice one! I concur, unemployment saves are always a winner.
Update 001:
Career History:
Job 01: Hamme [2015–2016] (Belgium/Tier 3)
Job 02: Santos [2016–2020] (South Africa/Tiers 1 and 2)
Job 03: Ivory Coast {NT} [2020–2021] (Ivory Coast/Tier 1)
Job 04: Norway {NT} [2021] (Norway/Tier 1)
Job 05: Lokomotíva Košice [2021–2022] (Slovakia/Tier 2)
Job 06: Santos [2022–2023] (South Africa/Tier 1)
Job 07: PKNS [2023–] (Malaysia/Tiers 1 and 2)
Job 08: Malaysia U23s {NT} [2023] (Malaysia/Tier 2)

Honours
Collective
Santos:
+ National First Division (1): 2017–18
PKNS:
+ Premier League (1): 2024
+ FA Cup (1): 2024
Individual
Santos:
+ National First Division Manager of the Season (1): 2017–18
+ Premier Soccer League Manager of the Month (1): November 2022
PKNS:
+ Premier League Manager of the Month (4): January 2024 / February 2024 / March 2024 / April 2024
+ Super League Manager of the Month (1): April 2025

Career Overview:

I started this career like I always do, starting unemployed with the worst statistics possible (sunday league etc.) and with my manager attributes matching my level and to see what I can achieve during it, I have no targets or aims other than to do what I can. No editor allowed, no added staff and all that good stuff. I don't claim to be amazing at Football Manager, I just play it for fun although I do have a love/hate relationship with it.
The Career So Far:

Job 01
My career started in the Belgian Third Division A with Hamme, a job that, except than my time with Lokomotíva Košice (I'll talk about them in a bit!), was probably my worst and least enjoyable managerial post. Nothing really went right, and in a division that starts in FM2016 with the bottom 12 clubs getting relegated at the conclusion of the season it was always going to be difficult. Anyway, I lasted 7 months with Hamme before getting sacked in January 2016. I won just 5 of my 23 matches in charge. Not good!
Job 02
Next came a move out of Europe and into Africa to join Santos in South Africa. This was the job where I finally achieved some good things, and in contrast to my time with Hamme and Lokomotíva Košice, I enjoyed my time with Santos very much. It's a fun league to manage in. I picked up with Santos with them in the second tier of South African football in the National First Division. I spent three-and-a-half years with Santos. I joined with four matches left of my first season, finished 8th. My first full season went very well, finished in 2nd place and made the play-offs however failed to gain promotion after finishing joint-bottom of the three-team mini league.
My second full campaign went one better as I guided Santos to promotion to the Premier Soccer League after winning the National First Division with 2 games to spare. I also won the Manager of the Year award. Our first season in the top-flight was difficult but we achieved our goal - avoid relegation. We ended 2018–19 in 12th position, 8 points above the relegation play-off spot and fifteen points off bottom place. 2019–20, however, went worse. After 15 matches we were rock bottom with 7pts, nine games on and we had only gained one more point and were a shocking 18 points off safety; won just once all season. In March 2020, I decided to resign as Santos manager in the hope of someone else keeping them up but unfortunately they still went down.
Job 03
Then came my first step into international management as I accepted the Ivory Coast post in April 2020. Things were average throughout my tenure, I won 8 of my 14 games in charge but it was rarely pretty. It all climaxed with a disappointed 2021 African Cup of Nations as we lost to Cameroon in the semi-finals and subsequently the third place play-off to finish 4th. Ivory Coast were the previous holders and were expected to win the tournament, so immediately following it I was sacked. Not much more to say.
Job 04
The Norwegian national team approached me next and appointed me their new manager. This job I felt was heading well, I had a good squad and got some good results in FIFA World Cup 2022 qualifying despite failing to qualify for the tournament itself but in my defence we had France in our group who finished 9 points clear. I won 4, drew 2 and lost 3 with Norway overall (friendlies included) before being sacked straight after qualifying had ended.
Job 05
Lokomotíva Košice came calling next. This job was a disaster from start to finish, I almost stopped playing the game as I got so bored playing with them. I joined halfway through the season with a team that were 3rd, I had 2 games left to play with Promotion Stage football all but guaranteed. I went on to make the next stage but none of the games had anything to play for really as we weren't close or good enough to the promotion spots. We finished 4th. At the end of that season (2021–22), the board were unhappy and gave me an ultimatum of gaining 13 points in the first 5 games of 2022–23. That, to go with a load of player unrest (who annoyingly were pissed at me because of what my predecessor had done!), made me even more bored of it as I knew what was coming. Lone behold I did not achieve the board's goal and was sacked two matches into the new season! I was glad to be gone to be honest.
Job 06
Despite that, I decided to continue with the save and see what would happen. Interestingly, my next career move was a return to Santos. They managed to return to the top-flight during my time away so I was back in the Premier Soccer League. I joined with them last after three matches and set a goal of keeping them up before again moving on. Thankfully, I did just that as we survived in 14th place and only missed the relegation play-offs on goal difference. Delighted as I was to stay up, I resigned shortly after. Santos have been a yo-yo club ever since.
Job 07
I left South Africa for Malaysia next as I joined second division PKNS, I began at the end of the season with just the League Cup to play in. In the aforementioned League Cup we performed well in a group with three top-flight clubs, we missed qualification from the group by one point and secured two wins including away to the big club Johor DT; a club we've had quite a surprising rivalry with ever since.
That was the 2023 season, 2024 went incredibly way above my expectations and turned into something special. We won 17 league matches in a row and were flying, with us being miles ahead of our closest challengers we even secured promotion and the title with five matches left. In the end, after 22 league games we won 20 of them while drawing and losing just once. A sensational season, one of my best on a Football Manager game. However, that wasn't all for the 2024 season as during all of that we went on a brilliant run to win the FA Cup! We beat Johor DT in the final AET and I, honestly, went mad. I was gobsmacked, wasn't expecting that at all. That got us an AFC Cup place for 2025, a first for PKNS. The year ended with another shock as we made the League Cup semi-finals, fantastic even though we lost over two legs to rivals Selangor. We met Johor DT in the group stage again in the League Cup and one match ended 5–4, we were four goals up before them coming back to 4–4 but thankfully we scored a late winner. Crazy, crazy season.
Our first campaign in the Super League went superbly too. We were predicted relegation but eventually finished 6th, a record Super League position for the club. Throughout the league season we were never as low as 6th and sometimes were sat in 2nd. Johor DT were close at first, but pulled away quickly. Speaking of Johor DT, our rivalry continued as we met in the AFC Cup knockout rounds following us qualifying from our group. They smashed us 5–1. Disappointing, but good achievement to make the knockouts. The 2025 League Cup is still to come.
Job 08
During 2025 with PKNS, I saw that the Malaysian Under-23s were looking for a new manager with upcoming U23 qualifiers coming. I applied and got appointed as their manager, my only intention was to qualify them as the qualifiers came during PKNS' off-season but the tournament itself would've clashed with PKNS' 2026 start to the season; we had Indonesia, Timor-Leste and Northern Mariana Islands in our group. We duly qualified as a best-placed second place side following defeat to Indonesia but wins versus the other two minnows. I resigned straight after to concetrate on PKNS again.
-------------------------
Next Post: 2025 League Cup review.
-------------------------
Thanks for reading! Not all posts will be this long (I hope ).
Trip to: China | South Africa
Fantastic month, Dan! Big win against PSV. Looking good in the Champions League, too!
Trip to: China | South Africa
What a harsh month it proved to be two updates ago and to drop from second all the way down too! unlucky mate!

Indeed Dan, incredibly frustrating last few months of 2018/19! 2019/20 has started OK so far. Appreciate your comment.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Football Manager 2015 Profile:
Full Name: Ryan Peter Skinner
Date of Birth: 13th March 1994
Place of Birth: London, England
Nationality: English
Languages spoken: English, French, Korean, Chinese, Turkish
Past playing experience: Sunday league footballer
Past playing position: Striker
Coaching qualifications: Continental Pro Licence
Favoured Club: Manchester United
Teams Managed:
24 July 2014–26 August 2017: Yanbian Changbaishan [CHN] (resigned)
03 September 2017–03 January 2018: Peterhead [SCO] (resigned)
18 January 2018–present: Keçiörengücü [TUR]
Trophy Cabinet:
empty

Update: July 2019, August 2019, September 2019

Mentioned previously I wanted to strengthen the squad and I've made four acquisitions, although one was a loan move made permanent. The first signing tied up was Ünal Noyan from Gölbaşispor on a free transfer, a striker brought in as back-up who has a few good seasons at this level in recent times; not bad for £0. After that we secured the full-time services of defensive midfielder Osman Aydoğan, Aydoğan was previously on a two season loan from Düzyurtspor and became a cog in our line-up so decided to sign him up fully as his asking price was also £0.

Aytek Öktem was the next in the door from Sandiklispor, a thirty-seven year old striker who was signed as fourth choice to replace Coşkun Yilmaz who retired; Öktem also had a decent previous season at this level scoring eight goals for a struggling side. The final incoming was probably our best, signing centre-back Samet Kumbaşi from İnegölspor for free. Kumbaşi was one of the best CBs in the division last season, he had the second highest average rating only losing to now teammate Özkan Serbest. He's done pretty good since joining.

Twelve players left us, although only two were from the first team. Those being Uğur Durmuş and Umut Sözen, both left on frees. Durmuş and I fell out during January and since then he was sitting in the U21 squad up until his departure. Sözen had been moaning about leaving for a bigger club throughout last season despite no club actually wanting him, I actually wanted him to sign a new deal however he was having none of it and subsequently left us.

Pre-season contained only five matches after I made a mistake, I believed the season start date was at the beginning of September as it was last season however it actually started August 18th but I set the players' return from the pre-season break to July 20th which only allowed a small amount of games. That aside, from the five games we won three while drawing one and losing the other. Wins coming against Tigemspor, Sakarya Yildirimspor and Dinamo Zagreb B, ten goals were scored while just one was conceded. The tie came against Bartinspor, while the only defeat was to Petrolul Ploiești II.

The season began with a superb 0–4 away victory to Alanyaspor, a completely unexpected scoreline especially with it being 0–0 on 66mins and having just four shots on target in the whole match. Deniz Perö grabbed two, İbrahim Alagöz and Mehmet Kurtulmuş also got goals. The perfect start to the season was followed by another good three points, this time at home to Altay where Deniz Perö and Aytek Öktem got the goals to secure a simple win.

This is where the form started to drop, a 4–2 away loss to Yeni Malatyaspor. We made the impeccable start when we went 0–2 up thanks to İbrahim Alagöz and Samet Kumbaşi, however Yeni somehow managed to find a way back to win 4–2. Berk Elitez got one back for Yeni on 41mins before Ergül Semih's brace and Yavuz Özsevim's scrambled finish put the hosts in front. Huge opportunity missed.

Pazarspor were next at home, we went one nil ahead in this one early on through İbrahim Alagöz's fourth minute strike but after two second-half goals from Çoşkun Arslan and Umucan Gülmez in the space of four minutes we found ourselves behind and staring at back-to-back defeats. However, winger Burak Uça stepped up right at the death on 90+3mins to snatch us a well deserved point; it wasn't the prettiest goal but I'll take it everyday of the week.

Our third away league game of the season followed as we faced Adana Demirspor and lost 1–0 after a Emre Torun goal on 50mins, a very quiet match in which nothing else really happened. A Ziraat Turkish Cup second round tie was played three days later against Bld. Bodrumspor, we made to trip to the minnows and came way with a pretty fortunate 1–2 win. I didn't attach much importance on this which was shown in the team selection, nine squad players were given a run-out and managed victory. Burak Uça and Yusuf Gögan got the clubs' goals whereas Seyithan Balaban's 58mins penalty got the non-league outfits only goal.

Dardanel came to our place and took all three points when they won 2–3 on September 22nd, no complaints with this one; we didn't deserve anything less. Kadir Baylan and Deniz Perö were our goalscorers, Burhan Yildiz got one while İbrahim Pullu and Fatih Özçelik also earned goals to give Dardanel the points. We returned to winning ways against Ofspor a week later, winning 1–2 at their home after a double from Deniz Perö; that was after Mustafa Kayabaşi put Ofspor ahead on 7mins.

After seven fixtures we sit in seventh place but are just a point outside the play-offs and only five points from top spot, an awfully long way to go.

Thanks for reading!
Football Manager 2015 Profile:
Full Name: Ryan Peter Skinner
Date of Birth: 13th March 1994
Place of Birth: London, England
Nationality: English
Languages spoken: English, French, Korean, Chinese, Turkish
Past playing experience: Sunday league footballer
Past playing position: Striker
Coaching qualifications: Continental Pro Licence
Favoured Club: Manchester United
Teams Managed:
24 July 2014–26 August 2017: Yanbian Changbaishan [CHN] (resigned)
03 September 2017–03 January 2018: Peterhead [SCO] (resigned)
18 January 2018–present: Keçiörengücü [TUR]
Trophy Cabinet:
empty

Update: April 2019 and May 2019

Unsurprisingly we missed out of the play-offs, despite not losing any of our last five matches. Nine points from a possible fifteen was good form however fifth place İstanbulspor conveniently won three of their last four fixtures. Going into the final day we still had a chance to reach the play-offs, however despite beating Sandıklıspor on the final day İstanbulspor beat fourth place Altay 2–1 at home, that was after Altay missed a penalty at 0–0 and conceded a 90+1mins goal to lose, what a coincidence! Ultimately that form between February and March cost us dearly, especially the loss to İstanbulspor.

To start the run-in we eased past Ümraniyespor at home 3–0, Umut Sözen scoring along with Mehmet Kurtulmuş and İbrahim Alagöz. We then drew 1–1 with Gölbaşispor away, Ünal Noyan scored for them before the retiring Coşkun Yilmaz grabbed a seemingly huge equalising goal on 84mins. Our second win in three followed as we just found a win against Menemen Belediyespor, Mehmet Kodes put the visitors in front before Özkan Serbest got a leveller on 64mins which was followed by a 90+2mins winner for us after a beautiful free-kick from Mehmet Kurtulmuş.

Next we tied 0–0 with league leaders, and future champions, Pendik at home, despite it not helping us in the long-term it was a pretty good point. As mentioned moments ago, we went into the final day with a chance to get into the play-offs however it wasn't to be as despite winning 1–3 against Sandıklıspor thanks to İbrahim Alagöz, Mehmet Özdiraz and Deniz Perö scoring it was İstanbulspor who finished fifth after fortunately beating Altay.

Extremely disappointed not to reach the play-offs after our late season form, feel slightly hard done-by due to that but it is what it is. Hopefully with some incomings during the transfer window we can strengthen slightly and push on and at least get a play-off berth next season in 2019/20.

We finished in a very comfortable sixth place in the end, two points off fifth place. Improvement off our first half season at Keçiörengücü last season but still so frustrating as were second in January. Oh well, in the words of Steven Gerrard: We go again!

Thanks for reading!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Don't rule out finishing first just yet man!

I agree Dan, I wasn't ruling it out completely but just felt the team would drop at some point due to the recent indifferent form, sadly my fears have come to fruition as we now sit a incredibly poor, in the circumstances, eighth position. Thankfully we are only three points of the play-offs with five matches left, huge last few matches! Not feeling too confident, which is a shame as the team definitely deserves to get into the play-offs, at least, over the course of the season.

Football Manager 2015 Profile:
Full Name: Ryan Peter Skinner
Date of Birth: 13th March 1994
Place of Birth: London, England
Nationality: English
Languages spoken: English, French, Korean, Chinese, Turkish [basic]
Past playing experience: Sunday league footballer
Past playing position: Striker
Coaching qualifications: Continental Pro Licence
Favoured Club: Manchester United
Teams Managed:
24 July 2014–26 August 2017: Yanbian Changbaishan [CHN] (resigned)
03 September 2017–03 January 2018: Peterhead [SCO] (resigned)
18 January 2018–present: Keçiörengücü [TUR]
Trophy Cabinet:
empty

Update: February 2019 and March 2019

The indifferent form continues! An infuriating February and March run of form, it was a perfect opportunity to properly stake a claim for a top two finish but quite frankly the team bottled it. Nine matches played with a measly one win and two draws coupled with six frustrating defeats.

February began with an away match against Yeni Malatyaspor, one we lost 2–0 after goals from Fatih Üge and Onur Garip condemned us to our first of many losses throughout February and March. We followed that with a 0–1 home defeat to Altay, with Kerem Bülbül again scoring against us; his third goal against us since I joined Keçiörengücü. We got our only win of these two months next when we faced Sancaktepe Bld., Deniz Perö scored the only goal to give us three points.

Our worst performance of this spell followed as we lost 4–1 away to Diyarbakır Bld., Mümin Aysever put them ahead before Kadir Baylan equalised for us until a 22mins own-goal via Özkan Serbest put the hosts ahead once more. Devrim Kiliç and Gökhan Aydaş sealed an impressive victory for their side with a goal each. Hacettepe were next, we disappointingly lost another home fixture as Erdi Ocak's 11th minute goal was the difference in a tight game.

Some respite followed when we drew 1–1 at Tokatspor, another defeat looked on the cards as Kenan Şahin put Tokatspor one nil to the good nine minutes from full-time but thankfully the inconsistent Mehmet Özdiraz grabbed us a late leveller on 84mins; Özdiraz can be unplayable at times but is annoyingly inconsistent. We then lost 3–2 to Alanyaspor, we were slightly unfortunate not to take a point, or even more, from this after being 1–2 up until 77mins. Gökhan Erdoğan originally put Alanyaspor ahead before Ömer Eren equalised after 28mins, an own-goal from the hosts' Mesut Yilmaz put us ahead until Erdoğan got a second to get his side level. Heartbreak on 90+1mins when Ahmet Dereli stole the points for the home side.

İstanbulspor were the next club to beat us, coming to our place and recording a 0–2 win thanks to goals from Yunus Çabuker and Okan Özçelik; no arguments with that loss, completely outplayed. Lastly, we played our best performance of the two months, even better than the victory against Sancaktepe Bld., yet still were unable to win as we drew 1–1 with Dardanel. Tolgahan Erbay put us in front before Serdar Cansu won his side a point twelve minutes after Erbay's goal.

With five huge fixtures remaining we sit an incredibly poor eighth place, that's despite being just three points behind the leaders in January. Very annoying but we still have a chance with the play-offs, currently just three points of fifth place İstanbulspor and four off fourth place İnegölspor. That said, if this form continues we could still finish as low as fourteenth; just two places above the relegation zone which in truth would be unfair.

Here's how our final five look, I'm not feeling that confident although three of the five are against sides in the bottom six with the other two against seventh and first so maybe I should be. An incredibly tense April/May awaits!

Finally, I forgot to mention in my last update that I have signed a new one-year contract extension with Keçiörengücü. It runs until June 2020, it will of course be the end of next season; in which if we don't get promoted this season or next I may leave at the conclusion of the extension. That's a big if though, we *should* improve more next season.

Thanks for reading!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Very good to be sitting in second, hopefully as you say a playoff place it wil be come the end!

Indeed, Dan!

Football Manager 2015 Profile:
Full Name: Ryan Peter Skinner
Date of Birth: 13th March 1994
Place of Birth: London, England
Nationality: English
Languages spoken: English, French, Korean, Chinese, Turkish [basic]
Past playing experience: Sunday league footballer
Past playing position: Striker
Coaching qualifications: Continental Pro Licence
Favoured Club: Manchester United
Teams Managed:
24 July 2014–26 August 2017: Yanbian Changbaishan [CHN] (resigned)
03 September 2017–03 January 2018: Peterhead [SCO] (resigned)
18 January 2018–present: Keçiörengücü [TUR]
Trophy Cabinet:
empty

Update: December 2018 and January 2019

Just the six matches have been played during December 2018 and January 2019 due to the mini winter break they have over here. In my last update I had the concern my form would drop due indifferent performances and seeing others have problems with tactics losing effectiveness instantly however I'm pleased to say our form has improved a lot since and are currently five games unbeaten with three wins.

December started with a fixture against Menemen Belediyespor, a match in which we lost 2–1 to continue our then poor form. We actually took the lead through Umut Sözen but goals from Bulut Kaya and Güney Atilgan gave the relegation threatened Menemen a crucial win. We hit back in strong fashion as we started our five match unbeaten streak as we beat another relegation fighter in Sandiklispor 3–0 at home, a 12th minute Abdullah Çetintaş own-goal got us off to the perfect start before Deniz Perö and Mehmet Kurtulmuş wrapped up the much needed victory. Omer Eren was latterly sent off.

Next up we faced the struggling Gaziantepspor, who were league favourites before the season but sat 13th at this time, at home where, just like in September, we got an high profile win as we completed the double over Gaziantepspor winning 2–0, Umut Sözen and Özkan Serbest got the goals. That was followed by our biggest match of the season so far as we faced league leaders Pendik, as we were currently just a place behind them it was a first versus second battle. In a tense match we came away with a good point, despite Ömer Karabulut putting Pendik ahead on 79mins we hit back on 85mins through Tolgahan Erbay to secure an important draw.

Ofspor were up next, a team we beat 6–0 earlier in the season, and we beat them 0–2 away here, Deniz Perö and İbrahim Alagöz scored to earn us a simple three points. In the final match of January we faced İnegölspor at home and disappointingly drew 0–0; my first 0–0 at Keçiörengücü! Hüsnü Başkurt was sent off for the visitors on 60mins too, even more frustrating that we didn't take advantage.

That all keeps us in second place but we are now just a point off first place Pendik and are now four points clear of İnegölspor in third. Fourteen matches still to come, going to be nerve-wrecking. Ideally would like top spot obviously to get automatic promotion but I'd take a play-off spot all day long, none of which is secured though so we must keep playing well!

Thanks for reading!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Just catching up with your save, as others are I'm completely stunned you've got sacked by TNS... and for "failure to improve squad harmony"? Considering your position in the competitions, that's absurd! Wales really isn't treating you well.

Wish you all the best in The Netherlands, Dan!
Trip to: China | South Africa
Some great form in Turkey mate, great to see you've started the season so strongly!

Thanks again Dan! I'm happy, form has since tailed off a little but we're still sitting in a good position as this, still, early stage.

Football Manager 2015 Profile:
Full Name: Ryan Peter Skinner
Date of Birth: 13th March 1994
Place of Birth: London, England
Nationality: English
Languages spoken: English, French, Korean, Chinese, Turkish [basic]
Past playing experience: Sunday league footballer
Past playing position: Striker
Coaching qualifications: Continental Pro Licence
Favoured Club: Manchester United
Teams Managed:
24 July 2014–26 August 2017: Yanbian Changbaishan [CHN] (resigned)
03 September 2017–03 January 2018: Peterhead [SCO] (resigned)
18 January 2018–present: Keçiörengücü [TUR]
Trophy Cabinet:
empty

Update: October 2018 and November 2018

Since our fantastic start to the season in September our form has since dropped down a level to more familiar performances however we're still playing at a good level and getting some results, during October and November we had nine fixtures in all competitions with eight being in the league and come out with three wins, two draws and four defeats. Despite the patchy form we currently sit second in the table.

October started as September was after we won 1–6 away from home versus Sancaktepe Bld., Umut Sözen put us one goal to the good after just 2mins, that was followed by a second goal from us a minute later on 3mins through İbrahim Alagöz. If that wasn't incredible enough our blistering start continued on 7mins and 8mins as firstly Ömer Eren then secondly a Volkan Ekici o.g. made it 0–4 with the four goals coming in eight first-half minutes. Sancaktepe's İbrahim Kiymaz was sent off on 16mins before Tolgahan Erbay made it five nil on 22mins. Oktay Pop got the hosts' only goal on 61mins which was followed by us also going down to ten when Özkan Serbest was show a second yellow card, despite that we grabbed a sixth three minutes from time through Mehmet Özdiraz.

That stunning victory was followed by two draws, first of all against Tokatspor where Berke Biyik put the visitors in front before Mehmet Özdiraz got a leveller on 74mins for us. We then tied 2–2 with Hacettepe, which was a good result considering we were 2–0 down until 74mins after goals from Ugur Yilmaz and İdris Cengiz for Hacettepe but we weren't to lose our unbeaten record here as we clawed it back for a point thanks to İbrahim Alagöz's 74th minute goal and Deniz Perö's 88th minute strike.

Next up was Alanyaspor at home where we won 3–1, that after going 0–1 down to Alanyaspor via Ahmet Dereli. However a goal from Umut Sözen and a double from the in-form İbrahim Alagöz gave us a easy three points. That win was backed up by a midweek Ziraat Turkish Cup third round tie as we faced top division Akhisar Belediyespor, we gave the Spor Toto Süper Lig side a proper game as it took them until extra time to get past us. Our cause was helped by Ziya Erdal's red card on 31mins for them, Mehmet Özdiraz put us 1–0 up on 61mins with a tap-in before Jakov Puljic equalised to take the tie to extra time where Hasan Susamcilar sent the away side through.

This is where the league form has dropped, within the next four games we lost three and only won once. First defeat was to fellow promotion chasers İstanbulspor who we lost 1–0 to due to a first-half goal from Semih Daglar. We got our only November victory next against Dardanel thanks to another brace from that man İbrahim Alagöz, he has been an integral part in our start to this 2018/19 season.

Back-to-back defeats followed, if losing wasn't bad enough the fact that these two losses were both to sides who sit in the bottom four made it even more frustrating. Gölbaşıspor were the first to beat us, they came to our house and completely outplayed us to record a 1–3 win via goals from Ünal Noyan, Alparslan Çapar and Alper Akçam. Ümraniyespor also scored three in our next loss in a 3–2 win for the Turks, we took the lead through İbrahim Alagöz but they got back level a minute later thanks to Mustafa Tural's stunner. Mehmet Kodes won them the match with a brace on 69mins and 86mins before Ömer Bozan grabbed a late, pointless, goal for us on 90+1mins.

As I said at the beginning, despite an indifferent October and November we still sit comfortably in the play-off positions in second place; three points ahead of third place and three points behind top spot. Hopefully this late form is just a nominal blip and not a sign of the tactic is wearing off so soon, the latter is a concern as I've seen others have problems with tactics just randomly stopping working. Time will tell!

Fourteen games down, still twenty left to play. Here's hoping we can get a top five finish!

Thank you for reading!
Football Manager 2015 Profile:
Full Name: Ryan Peter Skinner
Date of Birth: 13th March 1994
Place of Birth: London, England
Nationality: English
Languages spoken: English, French, Korean, Chinese, Turkish [basic]
Past playing experience: Sunday league footballer
Past playing position: Striker
Coaching qualifications: Continental Pro Licence
Favoured Club: Manchester United
Teams Managed:
24 July 2014–26 August 2017: Yanbian Changbaishan [CHN] (resigned)
03 September 2017–03 January 2018: Peterhead [SCO] (resigned)
18 January 2018–present: Keçiörengücü [TUR]
Trophy Cabinet:
empty

Update: Pre-season and September

Wow, what a start to our 2018/19 season! As you can see from the screenshot above our first month of the season has been fantastic and has far surpassed my expectation I had in June. Still miles to go in the race for promotion with a lot of football to be played but I couldn't be more pleased with our September form.

First of all we had a pretty successful pre-season program, we played a whole host of different opponents from amateur to the top-level and coming away with five victories and two defeats. We kicked things off with a simple friendly against our U21 side in which we ran out 4–0 winners thanks to goals from Umut Sözen, a brace via Mehmet Kurtulmuş and one from the semi-retired Coşkun Yilmaz.

The goals continued to flow in our next friendly with non-league outfit Seker, we again scored four in a 1–4 away win after goals from İbrahim Alagöz, Mehmet Özdiraz, Burak Uça and Kadir Baylan. After that we faced amateur club DHMİ however they proved to be tricky opponents as we won 0–2 after Deniz Perö and Ömer Eren grabbed goals in each half to make it three wins from three win pre-season.

After them fairly simple tests the opponent quality rose formidably, our next two friendlies were against second tier clubs Boluspor and Osmanlıspor. Both of which we drew 1–1 after ninety minutes and had to go to penalties to secure victory, against Boluspor we took a 62mins lead cheers to Osman Aydoğan however the favourites equalised on 77mins due to a Rajko Rotman goal. The tie with Osmanlıspor went a little different after Engin Bekdemir put the visitors in front before young defender Tuna Baran scored late on to give us a well earned draw. Both games went to penalties in which we claimed the win after winning the shoot-outs 18–17 and 5–3 respectively.

To finish pre-season we suffered our first defeats but given the opposition that was to be somewhat expected after I lined up friendlies against arguably the two best teams in Turkey: Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe. Defeat was always on the cards however I wanted us to end with proper tests ahead of the season, despite losing I feel it was a worthwhile exercise. We spiritedly lost 0–3 firstly to Galatasaray after a double from Emre Çolak and one from Bruma. The Fenerbahçe match wasn't even close, we were completely outclassed by six goals to one; Okay Yokuşlu, Emrah Başsan, an Tolgahan Erbay o.g., Süleyman Koç and a brace via Emmanuel Emenike put Fenerbahçe gave them a commanding victory, Deniz Perö got our only goal at 0–5.

So into the nitty-gritty stuff, our first league match of the season came against recently relegated Gaziantepspor away from home. A tricky looking fixture but to my surprise we eased to 1–3 win, İbrahim Alagöz got one while Mehmet Özdiraz grabbed two towards the end; Furkan Narin got a consolation for the hosts at 0–3. A brilliant way to start 2018/19!

We followed that with an even more sensational victory after we dismantled Ofspor at home, recording a stunning 6–0 win. What made this one even more incredible was all six goals were scored in the first-half, adding to the fact that Deniz Perö scored four! İbrahim Alagöz and Ömer Eren also scored. I was shocked, a truly great win!

In our only blip of the competitive season so far, we drew our next match 4–4 away at İnegölspor despite being 0–3 and 2–4 to the good at certain points. An Übeyd Adiyaman o.g. coupled with goals from İbrahim Alagöz and a penalty from Özkan Serbest put us 0–3 up at half-time. However, due to my error in the half-time team talk where I asked the lads to avoid complacency we went on to collapse as we first conceded two through Marc Mbamba and Ömürcan Yildirimli to make it 2–3 but regained a comfortable lead after Umut Sözen put us 2–4 ahead but then the horror show started as we conceded on 79mins and 85mins to Batuhan Karadeniz. Highly frustrating.

I feared the wheels would fall off after that as a few of the players spoke out about my half-time team talk during the 4–4 draw, however to the players' credit we went on to win our next four games in all competitions. First of all we won 3–2 at home to Yeni Malatyaspor despite suffering another collapse after going 2–0 up via Mehmet Kurtulmuş and İbrahim Alagöz before ten man Yeni fought back to 2–2 after two absolute stunners from Bertul Kocabaş, to make matters worse we ourselves had a man sent off nine minutes from full-time through Ömer Eren. Luckily Mehmet Özdiraz popped up with an 88th minute winner to give us a huge three points.

Next up we had a first versus second clash as we faced top of the table Altay away from home, we came away with an unexpected 1–2 victory. In a tight affair we took the lead thanks to Mehmet Kurtrulmuş on 63mins, thirteen minutes later Altay levelled after Hüseyin Bağ got a lucky deflected goal but again we showed resilience as that man again İbrahim Alagöz scored two minutes after Bağ's goal to win us the points!

Our first cup excursion with Keçiörengücü followed as made the trip to fellow third tier outfit Alanyaspor, going into this one I couldn't care less with the cup and as such played a weaker team making five changes from the Altay win as it was a midweek fixture. To my surprise the lads pulled through and grabbed a lovely 1–2 win and that's despite going one nil down early on through Ahmet Dereli, İbrahim Alagöz and Ömer Bozan got our goals to secure the win; the home side went down to ten men on 89mins.

In our final match of September we carried on our brilliant league form with a solid 4–2 home win against Diyarbakır Bld., we went 0–1 down after Mert Özkaptan put them ahead before Deniz Perö and Mehmet Kurtulmuş put us into the lead going into half-time. The second half started horribly as Diyarbakır equalised via Mümin Aysever, with fifteen minutes left it was still close at 2–2 but our killer streak showed once more as goals from, yep you guessed it, İbrahim Alagöz and Mehmet Özdiraz. Alagöz is on fire!

All that places us in an impressive first place after the first six matches, an amazing beginning. My hope now is to push on and hopefully secure a top five finish and at least reach the play-offs, that's a bold statement as there are multiple games remaining and trouble will no doubt arise at some point but we're looking good!

Again, thanks for reading!