Already playing ? Get these essential add ons to enhance the game Want updated squads for FM19? We have the worlds biggest FM2019 Data Update. 1 minute ago
mons commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
Eduardo Gomes commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
SrWerGaming commented on: Sortitoutsi.net Data Update - Player and Staff Changes
Calibarmackem commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
Calibarmackem commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
JúNioR_SpAwN.d commented on: Request Thread Trophies
VP. commented on: VP's Arsenal Career - A New Direction
JúNioR_SpAwN.d commented on: Request Thread Trophies
JúNioR_SpAwN.d commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
Armagedon_55 commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
krissmed commented on: Sortitoutsi.net Data Update - Player and Staff Changes
Jay Brockie commented on: Sortitoutsi.net Data Update - Player and Staff Changes
A new version of our data update was released with 518867 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 325570 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 92177 changes from 335 contributors.
Willz72 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
Willz72 commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
A new version of our data update was released with 518857 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 325532 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 92118 changes from 335 contributors.
maxi9494 commented on: 3D 18/19 Download Pack update thread
marrtac commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
marrtac added a download: Polish mixpack 118
A new version of our data update was released with 518850 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 325512 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 92090 changes from 335 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 518849 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 325515 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 92086 changes from 335 contributors.
mkdons666 Comments
Hello @SoJun

Much like your good self, life commitments get in the way of spending hours and hours on FM so....

Whenever a new FM comes out i generally leave it a few months (in this case 6!) to enable others to develop a whole load of successful tactics. With that i look at the ones others have kindly uploaded and pick 3 that i like the look of and basically make minor changes to them to fit the team i am.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I also download various other things like training routines, corners, free kicks etc etc, just because i dont have the time to make them myself.

Ta
I do understand your frustration because I feel like that sometimes. It's a bit like when you see their keeper make a couple of saves you know, no matter what happens that match, you wont score.

I'm doing a game with MSK Zilina and I'm having 15 - 20 chances a match getting about 50 to 60% of them on target and sometimes only scoring 1 or 2 goals.

But it's the way the game is.

The game is random otherwise it would be a completely boring and not like football which is, on occasions, completely unpredictable. Look at the Champions League semi-finals and, to an extent, the Spanish Cup final. Valencia got smashed 7-3 on Agg by Arsenal but can beat Barcelona. I doubt Arsenal could beat Barcelona.

It's only a computer game, worse has happened at sea.

I dont know how you fix this specifically but i'd bet that is something to do with default templates still sitting somewhere in the default files.

Assuming you've put something in that changes the default view of that page - you might want to review the instructions on how to change it or look in the older where you put the new graphic if there is something in there already.

I found the answer.

In Preferences --> Overview --> Bottom right hand corner there is a Reset to Default. Click that and it resets everything including putting everything back.
Hi All,

I appear to have clicked the "Don't show me this screen again" tick box for loan information when sending a player to a Affiliate club. So they only go for a month not the season....

Anyone know how to undo this option? I've looked and can't see anything.

thanks
how can I change competition logos on football manager 2018 pc using the editor?

I dont think it's to do with the editor it's to do with the graphics you put in and the competition code from the DB that change the logo.
Hello DrH,

I'm a sucker for Lower League management. Even when I have the intention of managing a big team I end up at a small side.

Best game I ever did was with Nuneaton Town. few promotions and great free's from other teams and loans.

The thing I looked for in this instance were the small helping hands, not cheating, but something that will make it better for a longer term game. In this instance Nuneaton were the lowest team I could find that were Full-Time (I think there was 1 other in the Conf South). This way you'll get a better chance of getting some better level players and be competitive.

Also, look at what club they are affiliated to. I had Coventry City. Coventry aren't the best in the world but I took on 3 of their players for 2 seasons Free of Charge and those 3 were critical to getting me into the league.

For me I think this is a good way at pushing the boundaries to your advantage. It's by no means cheating but it's a nice advantage you can give yourself that makes these initial seasons sometimes difficult, like a wet Tuesday night away at Boreham Wood F.C

I'm trying to follow the EPL fashion of 3 at the back at the moment (3-5-2) and on occasion it works a dream others i wonder how it works at all.

Getting the wide balance is difficult because with 3 at the back and playing wingers (not wing backs) and trying to get them to cover it difficult. Giving them defensive tasks or to hold their positive makes them almost pointless players when you counter as they stop at the half way line.

All this meaning that when it gets wide, even with 3 CD in the middle within 5 yards of the opposite striker, they score.

After 22 games with Real Oviedo I've scored 42 conceded 26.
What BananaRama said.

It's also really worth looking at the Staff Roles when hiring coaches. I had real issues as well with my coaches when I was Pogon Szczecin (Poland). When I started paying more attention to what was truly required for the roles I was hiring coaches for. I started to hire those who had better numbers across all the requirements. Rather than, for example, hiring an attacking coach who has 20 attacking but very low Tactical, Determination, Level of Discipline and Motivation.

It worked a treat and my coaching got much better and my Coaching Team Comparison became a lot nicer to look at!
I'm always really concious of fitness. Even if the player is putting in a stormer I will consider taking them off if they are around 65%. I also pay close attention to those who are on yellow cards AND tired. Maybe giving the game too much credit here, but tired minds put in tired tackles.

I don't really look at the time and regularly don't make any changes in a game if I don't think it's necessary. I'll also be happy to do a triple substitution if we it looks easy to identify those who are costing me.

Never changed a GK and, unless they are having a nightmare, I try not to change my defenders.

No worries if you can't. I will give it a try at some point. It's a good idea and i love the thought of recreating the Carlos Alberto/Pele/Rest of the team goal against Italy in the Final!!
Can you upload the tactic for use please?
I tend to pick the formation, Mentality, Team Shape, Team instructions. Then based on what i have in my squad move the players Role and Duty. As much as it pain's me i have a thing that if i don't set their specific instructions then they really aren't doing what I want them to do, so i do those as well.

I do send time on the set piece's moving the players about, but not really that much and the takers of course.

My biggest down fall is the training. I think thats TOOOO much and as such I probably lose out. I let the Assistant do this and generally the focus on general play when i want them to be looking at set-piece's. So, if I can be bothered i get involved there. That's the only area that i find too much.
This is one I used in 2015 and it appears to have moved over nicely to 2016. In 2015 it got me a loads of Cup's with Caen (7 in 5 years) and 3 top 3 finishes with little budget in France. Then I moved to Stuttgart who were about to be relegated. Kept them up and then this transformed them the following seasons and we finished 2nd (choked on final day with a draw. Should have been champions). Sailed through my Champions League group finishing top. Beat Man U home and away 2-0!!

Should make the striker a goal machine. I had Timo Werner at Stuttgart and in the 2nd season he had 19 in 15 league games before Real paid £25mill for him. Having scored 10 in the final 8 of the previous season.

Started a Novara game in 2016 and we are currently sat 2nd in Serie B. Pablo Gonzalez has got 10 goals in 13 games.

Very important positions are the Wing Backs, the Attacking Midfielder/Shadow Striker and the striker.

I'm sure there are tweaks to improve but it works well for me.

Be interested if anyone is able to improve it.
I haven't noticed this. Then again I don't pay too much attention to the boxes themselves. I'll have a closer look at mine.

I'm running version: 15.3.2 627042 (m.e v1555)

What about you?
Must be something to do with your default settings on your shortlist maybe?

Or around your assistant manager and what you'd like to know about transfers/available players via their agents
If you go into the Tactic's screen and then go to the individual player instructions. Under the Possession selections there is a Dribble More or Dribble Less option.

Obviously these are only available if you have certain positions selected for that player. If you see what I mean.
Excellent topic thank you. I'm particularly shocked by the fall of Boavista - they are now sure to be my next save.

I think there could be a topic on club's that are new money no history or have potential based on location and stadium/facilities. These are things I usually look for in the lower leagues when picking a team.
Maybe not up to that standard but.....

1) Ben Reeves at MK Dons seems to be VERY underrated and would be a good squad filler.

2) Dele Alli. He appears to be a monster in league 1 and Spurs have bought him. Should be able to loan him.

3) Giorgio Rasulo at the Dons bargain.

All 3 of these players have over 15 goals for me EACH and none of them are strikers.

hello folks. I've not been around for a while due to a new baby...

Congratulations. Hope all involved are healthy. I'm about 8 month's away from the Mrs dropping Number 2!! :o)
I have 9, but I try to use as few as possible.

I think the important thing is not to worry about what others are using here is to work out what is good for your team and formation. For example I have my two full backs pushing on so obviously they are sticking wide and we look to exploit the wings. My left winger plays inside forward so drifts in allowing space for my left back to crack on.

Takes time to tweak the bits you need.
Hi guys,

The logos are in:

C:\Users\JC\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2015\graphics\logos

I think I must have messed something up because I have removed the logo pack completely and I've got them back.
I downloaded the metallic logos and I put them in

C:\documents\sports interactive\football manager 2015\graphics....

The put a folder called logos and in that there is clubs nations and competitions.

I doubled checked the setup against that of 2014 and its in the same area.

I also did the clearing of cache and ticked to reload the skin and untucked use cache.

I created about 5 saves to see if that made a difference after each change.

Nothing.

Thanks your help is appreciated.

MKD
Hi All,

I've just got 2015 I'm a long time user (back to Championship manager the first ever) but for some reason I cannot get the Logo's to work on this one.

To the point it's stop showing ALL logo's and has gone to those crazy default ones for every single club.

I've moved stuff around and done all sorts and cannot get it to work.

Any offers? Clearly I'm going very wrong somewhere

Thanks

MKD
I'm in only 2017 and I've looked him at and his career goes like so...

2014/15 - Al-Quwa to Catania for £600k
2014/15 - Catania to Espanyol on loan
2015/16 - Catania to Malaga - £2.8 mill (never played a game for Catania - lol)
2017/18 - Malaga to Chelsea - £25.5 mill

Not bad profit for anyone.

Stats look very good.
Anyone find it impossible to keep a fecking clean sheet??!!!

Christian Vieri at 19 on the limited list of foreign players that's what it was all about. I used to try and sign him at all costs. This game also produced me my finest ever regen called Bobby Barnes at QPR, left winger. 4-2-4 was a formation that ALWAYS won and I did the most ever seasons on 1 save which was about 25 odd.
Playing a Save as Volendam in The Netherlands and this bloke was surprisingly REALLY good. An Attacking Midfield Central.

1st season I got promoted from the Jupiler League he Played 34 scored 14 assisted 13 rating of 7.14.

2nd season in the Eredivisie he played 13 (starting 5) scored 9 assisted 3 rating of 7.25.

He didn't play much in the 2nd season because he broke his leg 3rd game by which time he had scored 5 in 2.5 games. He got injured after 55 minutes of the 3rd game. If he hadn't got injured I have no doubt he would have scored another 15 or more goals with a bag of assists.

He then wouldn't sign a contract with me because I couldn't afford his wages so was unhappy etc etc. Would 100% recommend you find him if you are after a Lampard-esq player on the cheap.

As a team Volendam also produce a load of decent players - Youri Merry, Essenboom, 2 decent keepers,Damien Menzo.....

Whilst this is a good piece of information and fair play to you for doing it, I'm not overly delighted with the hoops people have to jump through to get your work. I think if you are going to do stuff it should be for the love of the game and knowledge sharing rather than forcing people to subscribe to potentially spurious content.