Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 1 minute ago
Qvordrup commented on: Request Thread (FANTASY, ALTERNATIVE and ANYTHING NOT IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
Darkness89 commented on: FMBase FM20 Data & Transfers by Darkness
bradley998 commented on: Real Fixtures/results FM20 with custom start date
matizb commented on: WISLA KRAKOW - MISSING FOOTBALL - HEBERT SILVA SANTOS
matizb added a topic: WISLA KRAKOW - MISSING FOOTBALL - HEBERT SILVA SANTOS
SirTAVARES commented on: FM20 Data Tweaks v1.3 [07/12/2019]
Qvordrup commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.0 for FM20.3.0 [released on 20/02/2020]
Dan commented on: A Turkish Delight
A new version of our data update was released with 94502 changes from 375 contributors.
kingrobbo commented on: FM 20.3.0 Update new players added to DB
kingrobbo added a topic: FM 20.3.0 Update new players added to DB
VP. commented on: A Turkish Delight
haggis67 broke the record for FM2020 Fastest Hattrick with 2
HRiddick commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
HRiddick added a download: Macclesfield Town Teampack
kingrobbo commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.0 for FM20.3.0 [released on 20/02/2020]
NCJesster commented on: Rags to Riches Overnight!
DarrenToon commented on: SS Fantasy Kits ONLY Thread (NO REAL KITS)
seb-bouh commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
greenboar commented on: FM2020 Licensing and Real Name Fix File v2.0 for FM20.3.0 [released on 20/02/2020]
NCJesster commented on: Rags to Riches Overnight!
NCJesster commented on: Rags to Riches Overnight!
mozinho commented on: Standard Official Kits FM2017 Thread
kingrobbo commented on: FM19 Update Disabled
Footygamer added a video: Rebuilding Notts County - S8-E6 The Missing Piece Of The Puzzle! | Football Manager 2020
A11_Smithy commented on: Winter Update Question
A new version of our data update was released with 93968 changes from 375 contributors.
mons commented on: Winter Update Question
R Charlston commented on: Winter Update Question
wicksyFM Comments
I dont even have 20.2.0 folder. The game says 20.2 on the main menu though
I barely played FM19 so i need a liitle reminder of how this works. Im happy installation part.

Mons, could you remind me what the difference is between this beta name fix and the one you release when the game is out officially. I dont what to start a save now on miss out on something?
We are talking about this one right?

"Susie Real Name Fixes - FM19 media files.fmf"

Thats the one. Nothing to do with mons's work. The editor doesnt come with the option to compress the file so it is bigger than needs to be, which causes slow load times
Just to let you know mons. It is the media file that causing the load times to be slow. when i remove that everything runs at a speed you would expect
Just a heads up Mons. These files seem to be causing some peoples games to crash or making them quite slow or unresponsive. with these files in the editor data folder my game takes a lifetime to load after pressing new career. If i remove them, the game starts up quickly like it should. This probably has nothing to do with these files specifically, just wanted to let you know incase people come to you moaning about crash dumps. SI probably need to release a hotfix to help with load times for custom FMF files. oh, and its not just your fmf files, its seems to be all of them
Sure, as long as their UID is visible, you just need to do the same steps outlined in my comment 2 or 3 posts up

OK. Got it. I understand. Thanks mons
Mons, is there a way to change stadium name for stadiums that you get built during the game
Working fine for me Mons
Thought it'll likely be something from SI's side. Hopefully it'll be solved reasonably soon.

You seem to like experimenting with the game files, like I do , so if you come across anything which you think should be modified then please tell me about it and I'll rectify it accordingly - I'd have no problem with it. This is a one-man job, really, and there's only so much I can capture, especially as I have other FM projects on the go at the same time - so anybody who can provide me any info, no matter how straight-forward it may appear to you, please don't hesitate

if i spot anything i will let you know. but i think this is pretty much spot on now mons. just the award issue that SI need to sort out and im ready to go for my long term save.
Top work mate. this game would be unplayable to me without you and this file
I have not added any awards whatsoever to the game; all I did was rename awards already existing in the database through the lnc file

Thanks for bringing this up; I'll investigate this tonight when I'm at home and check what's wrong. Whatever it is, it should be save-compatible.

No problem Mons. I hope that did not come across as criticism to your file. Just making you aware of what may be a slight issue
Just been on the SI Forums. The FIFA World Player of the Year award is not working the way it should and is under review
I removed the date the award is announced and now it is working fine

Then that is probably a bug in the game which will hopefully be fixed by SI in any upcoming patches.

With your file i have a save with 4 world awards:
ballon d'or - only a winner is chosen, no 2nd or third place
fifa world team of the year - working as you would expect
fifa world player of the year - no player has ever won this award in game. last winner 2009
world soccer magazine player of the year - 1st 2nd and 3rd places

Without your file (vanilla version of game, no added files):
world golden ball (ballon d'or) - 1st, 2nd and 3rd places,
world team of the year (fifa world team of the year) - working as you would expect
word player of the year (world soccer magazine player of the year) - 1st, 2nd and 3rd places

In the vanilla version of the game there is only 3 world awards, your file has 4. The vanilla version has no award named FIFA World Player of the year.
I may be wrong here but your file seems to have added the FIFA World player of the year award which is not working correctly and changed the way the ballon d'or is ranked.

This year, the Ballon d'Or won't be given by FIFA as has happened since 2009, and the previous FIFA award has been re-instated. This is the first one.

I have no idea where the world coach of the year can be found, sorry

Mons. The FIFA World Player Award that is in the game never has a winner. I sent my manager on holiday for ten seasons and the award has never been won
hey mons. what is the Fifa world player award about. it stops in 2009/ this hasn't been on previous versions
Also, where is the FIFA World Coach of the year award. its in the editor but i cant find it in game. i dont think its ever been there

are issues resolved now mons in regards to team names reverting back when FM17 updates
...

My understanding is that the forbidden names file contains a list of words and text strings which cannot be included as part of the club name in the create a club feature and should have no effect on this issue. I'll keep an eye out on this and address it if at all possible...

Thanks Mons. Hope you can get it sorted
Honestly Mons. I believe it has.
Ive seen the exact same issue reported on a few forums. I really hope this isnt an issue going froward.
My DBC folders have forbidden names in them. zen_nataraj's said he deleted these in his. but as far as im aware this makes no difference

ignore this post im doing to many things at once

Just added an edit to my earlier post because I hadn't seen your previous post when I wrote mine.

I can't comment on the effectiveness of the other guys' files (I think ours' are better tho' ) but the structure of this files is completely different than ours. The SI changes in Brazilian club names come from files in a different folder entirely to the folder in which his files are installed in. The changes in this download are different to his, because it deletes those files outright, thus negating the need to rename Brazilian clubs...

@wicksyFM and @Zen_nataraj Can I have a look at the contents of your lnc folders too please guys? Would like to check one more thing out.

1701 inc
Attachments

1700 INC
Attachments
Mons

Check the comments out in this link http://www.fmscout.com/a-fm17-real-names-license-fix.html

Stam, who i believe is in charge of the Fm Scout site (I may be wrong) is aware of this issue and hasn't been able to work out why it is happening
Mons,

Before suspecting I'm a liar, maybe you can read the instructions at the top of this page: "This file will need to be re-applied if/when patches/updates are released and when the full game comes outto ensure full compatibility."

This is exactly what I did: I reinstalled the name fix file after the 17.0.2 patch messed them to the original bogus names. But it didn't work.

I'm not here to waste our time (I'd rather be playing the game), and I don't mean to be rude, but I paid some 12 US dollars just to download your files which aren't working.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

The exact same has happened to me. I started my save game before the 17.0.2 patch. Everything was fine. All Brazilian teams had correct names. I updated the game to 17.0.2 and now Brazilian teams have 3 letter names. I saw the same issue reported on other forums too. This is only on the save i started before the 17.0.2 patch. New save games everything is fine

Brilliant thanks. Although I spoke to a few peeps and theirs were fine. I did re--verify my cache after a crash I had which may have something to do with it maybe? Maybe why a few others are experiencing problems?? Just a thought

i also had to re verify may cache after a crash
What is the date modified in its properties please? And when did you install the beta?

date modified is 20/10/16
installed on 18/10/16
That issue is fixed. Please remember first to delete the dbc, edt and lnc folders, then put the ones from the download in the same folder. Merging does not work

I think their is a problem with the Brazil team names.
Everything was ok yesterday. Names were correct on my save (santos,corinthians etc). I saved the game and loaded the same save again but the the brazil names had gone back to Three letters. Santos - San
Do i need to start a new game to get the fix for names of the Brazil teams
This is a licensing issue and has nothing to do with this file per se. Download this file to fix this.

i already have that installed. the french players faces from the facepack have suddenly gone. they was there. pressed continue. then they was gone. all faces are in the graphics folder and the config is set up right.
any idea why france national team players dont show. only ones that do are arsenal players. im managing arsenal. all france international players are in the pack
Hey mons with the release of the 16.1 beta update do i have to delete the edt and inc folders from the 1601 folder and add the ones from the download again. Im already in a save and i cant see any difference since the update