Football Manager 2020 is available to Play Now! Buy now, play instantly. Get these essential add ons to enhance Football Manager 2020 Want updated squads for FM20? We have the worlds biggest FM2020 Data Update. 1 hour ago
bennytee commented on: Can anyone tell me what is wrong here?
hariz zakwan commented on: France - Ligue 1 SS'2019/20 New!
A new version of our data update was released with 82418 changes from 291 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 82405 changes from 291 contributors.
Sheffield Hammer commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
Sheffield Hammer commented on: SS Official Kits Thread
kingrobbo commented on: Better Crowd Sounds for FM20
_Lio_ commented on: Better Crowd Sounds for FM20
A new version of our data update was released with 82365 changes from 290 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 82353 changes from 290 contributors.
rikyrd2431 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
rikyrd2431 commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
HockeyBhoy commented on: Moneyball in the North-East
Parker26 commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
Parker26 added a download: Cape Town City Football Club Teampack
aragornx17 commented on: FM20 Adboard Patch - V1.3 Out Now!!!
Legir05 commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
victordomingos_ commented on: K.O.T.W. | Week 9 | Iceland National Team
HockeyBhoy commented on: Now I would walk 500 miles...
Mortiis commented on: Millions of € in Lower Leagues Project
mons commented on: Megapack Technical Support thread - all other threads will be locked
HockeyBhoy commented on: Now I would walk 500 miles...
John D. Hernández Rey commented on: 3D Discussion/Help Thread
HockeyBhoy commented on: Now I would walk 500 miles...
A new version of our data update was released with 82258 changes from 289 contributors.
kingrobbo commented on: RIP Jack Charlton
HockeyBhoy commented on: Now I would walk 500 miles...
Chevalier Comments
Hi Mons,

Whilst waiting for your PM I decided to deal with the OneDrive issue - I don't want it!. I used the group policy editor to disable it completely. I then: -

1. Uninstalled Football Manager,
2. Removed all entries in the registry.
3. Removed all entries in the OneDrive folders on my C Drive
4. Restarted my PC
5. Used Steam to install Football Manager 2019 & set the correct launch options.
6. Ran Football Manger 2019 and flushed the cache

Wow - it worked correctly. This proves that OneDrive was screwing up the game.

Would you please now mark this as an issue which you have solved - all I did was implement your fault finding logic. Many thanks.
I'm going to send you a PM - I've got a quicker way

You have been teriffic Mons. I am very grateful for your assistance and await the PM.
That screenshot confirms that though you have OneDrive backing up the files in your Documents, your user data files aren't there but on the D drive.

Now, go to the path in green (i.e. one folder back from graphics) and click on the address bar once, then copy the path EXACTLY as it is.

Then paste it in between the quotation marks ( " " ) of the Steam launch options to be sure that is exactly the correct path you're putting in there.

Then quit Steam, reload it and try reloading FM. Fingers crossed...

My crossed fingers did not help.....it did not work.

Since I did not know that I was using OnDrive (and don't actually want it!) then should I uninstall it and thus remove a potential cause of issue? I could then start again uninstalling FM 2019 clearing out all the unwanted locations and then reinstalling FM 2019 making sure that I use the guidance that you have kindly provided already?

You never said you were using OneDrive - maybe the issue is related to that.

If you open this folder, does it take you to the location where your graphics folder is located?

I am afraid that I was not aware that I was using OneDrive! Nevertheless, I did as you suggested and it does NOT take me to the graphics folder - see attachment.
Attachments
If the user data folder is the default one, then this should indeed be empty.

Do you have a C drive?

What drive is Windows installed on? If it's on the D drive, then that is the default user data home drive.

Not sure if I'm managing to explain myself well

Yes I have a C drive and it is where my Windows 10 Pro operating system is installed. I have examined the C drive for FM 2019 files and there are many - see attachment. I suspect this might be the problem - but which should I remove - perhaps all of them?

I've just seen your edit with the image added. I'm afraid the text is not precisely what it should be; copy the below:

--user_data_location="D:\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2019"

i.e. without the < and >

Woops. I have now corrected that and loaded FM 2019 again........but still no faces.
Attachments
I have now completed my search for config.xml files and found three.: -

1. a 145 byte file located in Football Manager 2019/games
2. a 16.5 MB file located in Football Manager 2019\graphics/faces - this is the file from the Megapack
3. a 15.6 MB file located in Football Manager 2019\graphics\iconfaces

Is thsi as it should be?
Attachments
Hello Mons,

I have now examined the Steam "Set Launch Options" and found that it was empty. I correctedit by enetering the location of the megapack on my D drive and reloaded FM 2019. Unfortunately this does not resolve the problem.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Attachments

Many thanks for you response Mons. Here are my answers to your questions:-

1. I thought that my D drive was my default. However, I will examine the additional steps that you outlined and return when that task is completed.
2. The config.xml file is 16.5MB. I have re-downloaded the megapack and confirmed that I have the latest version.
3. The image that I showed in the Word document is indeed cropped for the purpose of simplicity. Messis' image is actually musch lower down in the config.xml file
4. I will search to discover whether another config files exists and tkae appropriate action.

I will respond again when I have completed my tasks.
I have followed all the rules for downloading and installing the latest (19 June 2019) Cut Out Face Pack for my FM 2019 existing installation. The existing installation shows all of the faces for my Staff and Players but with the updated face pack only some faces appear. For example, I have Lionel Messi for my Assistant Manager and his face always appered in the game. After updating the face pack Messi's face is blank along with many other faces whilst some still appear. I have uninstalled the facepack and FM 2019 and reinstalled again but this does not resolve the problem. I am now at a loss to know what else to do. I attach a Word document detailing what I have done and should be most grateful if someone could tell me what I have done to cause this problem and how I might fix it.

I have installed the megapack and now I have wonderful faces for all of my Premier League teams and Matches. Great work guys. However, I also manage the Holland International Team which includes Wijnaldum from my Sunderland Team where his faces appears without a problem. Unfortunately when I look at the Holland squad none of the teams faces show and I do know that the face images exist in the game because they show up for their employing league team. Can anyone please tell me how to resolve this issue because I have tried the usual "Reload skin when confirming changes in preferences" trick (which was necessary when I first loaded the megapack) but that does not resolve the problem.
I am managing Bayern. I attend press conferences, talk to the players, pick the teams etc and yet I do NOT appear in the staff list and am told that I am unemployed?

Can anyone please tell mehow to fix this problem apart from starting again.