Already playing ? Get these essential add ons to enhance the game Want updated squads for FM19? We have the worlds biggest FM2019 Data Update. 6 minutes ago
A new version of our data update was released with 520539 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 317640 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 25767 changes from 159 contributors.
spankz commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
Hajdu─Źki sin commented on: 3D Official Kits Thread
StakkioMCFC commented on: Request Thread (ONLY TEAMS, COMPS and NATIONS THAT ARE IN THE OFFICIAL FM DATABASE)
A new version of our data update was released with 520537 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 317638 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 25748 changes from 158 contributors.
ChrissBurns1993 commented on: Rangers
ChrissBurns1993 commented on: Rangers
ChrissBurns1993 commented on: Rangers
WorkTheSpace added a video: Football Manager 2019 | Burnley Live #3: Fernando Torres?! #FM19
ChrissBurns1993 commented on: Rangers
DoctorBenjyFM added a video: BOSTON BOYS | PART 25 | TRANSFER WINDOW LIVE | #FM19
ChrissBurns1993 commented on: Rangers
ChrissBurns1993 commented on: Rangers
A new version of our data update was released with 520551 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 317652 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 25736 changes from 158 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 317645 changes from 983 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 25729 changes from 158 contributors.
Rashidi added a video: FM19 | Stalybridge Diaries | Say hello to our players in a Double Header | Football Manager 2019
Footygamer added a video: NEED TO MOVE TO A NEW CLUB ?? | Football Manager 2019 Unemployed Challenge | S02E04
limerx commented on: Level 10 Complete and Lots of Cups
HRiddick commented on: Facepacks Release thread - NO REQUESTS
HRiddick added a download: Premier League + EFL Referee Mixpack Mixpack
A new version of our data update was released with 520530 changes from 918 contributors.
A new version of our data update was released with 317627 changes from 983 contributors.
Abbott Comments
Oh man Her is just beautiful. So personal, melancholic and thoughtful.

Loved it. This start of the year has been ridiculously good.
It's our year.
The Social Network is most definitely a defining film of our era. Agree that it's practically perfect, I love it even more with each watch.

Wolf of Wall Street: how awesome is it that Scorsese -- a man 71 years old -- is still able to produce such a destructively manic, sinful ride like that? It moves like a rocket, and I love how it's basically a dagger into the heart of the American dream whilst shoving the greedy allure of it right in your face. God damn what a film.

And The Master. Rewatched it this week in light of the tragic news from last weekend and yeah, that film is so fascinating. That relationship between Freddie and Lancaster is so rich and layered, so primal and deeply human. I could probably watch it a million times more and still pick up on new themes and character moments. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was such an extraordinary actor and it's a such an enormous shame that he's gone.

Watched this today. Refn rules.
Just watched Gravity in IMAX 3D, incredible.

Ditto.

I'm struggling to properly articulate the emotions I'm feeling after seeing it. Cinematic bliss.
Pacific Rim was comfortably the best blockbuster of the summer. Loved the world, loved the spectacle and loved the fights; I had a blast. Yeah the dialogue is corny and all the characters are stock archetypes but it's made from a place of love and from a person that understands the medium and power of awe. On a purely visual level it's astonishing.

I don't even think the acting is that bad -- it's not going to win any awards but it's decent and does enough to convey the emotions of the film. Plus it's a fucking original story (though heavily influenced -- but what isn't?) and that's something to champion. People like Del Toro should be allowed to make stuff like this.
P.S this film was fucking ridiculous, but I enjoyed the heck out of it:

It's all about Gravity for me. That film has the potential to be one of my favourite films ever.

12 Years A Slave does look crazy good though, it must be said. Blue Jasmine is out soon too, heard lots of good things about that.
Says the fucking platypus.
Anybody else see Upstream Colour? I think, like Primer, I both love it and reject it at the same time. I feel bad that I had to read around to fully get it but it's a pretty inventive, daring piece of filmmaking. It's probably about as 'art film' as you get but the cinematography and sound design is staggering.

Other than that I saw The Way, Way Back which was good fun if quite sleight. Sam Rockwell steals the show so worth seeing it just for him.

And Jurassic Park on the IMAX which pretty much confirms it's position in my top 5. That film is bloody perfect.
By The Platypus | Permalink | On 04 August 2013 - 16:34 PM

Could be very interesting.

YES I want to see this so bad. Has a cool Eternal Sunshine vibe that I'm totally game for. Interested to see how Ben Stiller does as director too. I know as an actor he's not been confined to comedy but it's kinda a departure for him as a filmmaker.
I kinda liked God Only Forgives. Certainly a lot more dreamy and slow than Drive but I liked the weird relationship between Gosling and his mother, and the policeman character was so interesting. All the Greek tragedy/religious thematic strings were all really fascinating but ultimately I'm not totally convinced it all works.

The sleeze of Bangkok and the way it's captured plus the awesome soundscape kept me interested; wether I strictly enjoyed it though is another question.

I'm definitely enjoying thinking about it more now than when I actually watched it. It's pretty cool that Refn would follow-up his most successful 'hit' with something so distinctly his vision.

Other than that go see Frances Ha, because, you know, Noel Baumbach and that.
It's my favourite of the year so far I think. My top 10 is something like:

Zero Dark Thirty, Django Unchained, Stoker, Cloud Atlas, Side Effects, Place Beyond The Pines, Before Midnight, Iron Man 3, Behind The Candelabra, Much Ado About Nothing.

Go and see Before Midnight; it's absolutely wonderful.

Bobber I finally watched Punch-Drunk Love.

I now have that invigorating feeling that I get after the first time I see any Paul Thomas Anderson film. Fuck, he's the fucking man, right?
By Franck | Permalink | On 11 May 2013 - 12:22 PM
Children of Men.

It's absolutely fantastic. I have no idea why I hadn't heard of it before today, because it's easily the best contemporary sci-fi film I've seen.

Masterpiece. I love the opening scene.

By Dutton | Permalink | On 11 May 2013 - 16:21 PM
No one else watched Into Darkness yet?! It's fucking awesome.

I've got problems with the choices they made in regards the plot, but damn it's entertaining. Visually it's fucking gorgeous. Cumberbatch kills it too.
Iron Man 3 kicks ass. Shane Black is awesome.

Abbott out.
Fuck, Place Beyond The Pines was brilliant. My top film of the year so far I think.
By The Platypus | Permalink | On 11 April 2013 - 20:59 PM
Saw Spring Breakers. Decent film. Easy to tell that Korine is completely disinterested in structure, plot etc. but is entirely focused on atmosphere. Makes for an interesting pop poem, but not the best film.

Loved Franco.

Look at all my shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
Ah, I'll check back then, then

Thought it was very provocative and viscerally stimulating - mainly due to the style of it - but the substance was a bit unconvincing. Maybe I just missed the point of it, but I didn't think it made any particularly well. Definitely worth seeing though. Interesting if nothing else.
By The Platypus | Permalink | On 05 April 2013 - 21:16 PM
Also, I just watched The Place Beyond The Pines which is a modern day masterpiece.

Good to hear, opens here next week, looking forward to it.

Have you seen Spring Breakers yet Blobz?
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Excellent, excellent, excellent.
Really enjoyed Mama, and I'm not usually one for horror films. Heard The Orphanage is also worth a look?
Nah. Sidney Lumet right?
By Dutton | Permalink | On 04 March 2013 - 20:12 PM
I've watched Lars and the Real Girl, Take Shelter and Jeff, Who Lives At Home today. They were all awesome.

Was gonna watch Oldboy too but the version on Netflix is dubbed over rather than subtitled, I assume I'll be able to find a subtitled one? Hate dubbed over.

Really need to see Take Shelter. Michael Shannon is the one.
I have not, I've only seen Oldboy. Will stick it on my list. If his other films are as good as the two I've seen then I'll be sure to get on it quickly.
Yeah; I really liked it. Bit shallow maybe but it was a good watch. Some of the imagery is fan-fucking-tastic.

Worth seeing and making your own mind up if you're a fan.
Anybody else seen Stoker? Thought it was ace.
The Impossible destroyed me.
Fuck you all, Lincoln is a brilliant film. Also making judgements on a film you haven't seen = silly.

Also Cloud Atlas is fucking impressive.